Back

I’ve been in Vegas the last few days, so no blogging, etc. It was business (nope, not even a penny gambled), but I did have time to sneak in a couple of great meals here and here (and here).

Steve Wynn opened his new little place — that was almost complete last time I was through here — and raised the bar at least another notch or two. Trump is building a high rise luxury condo project, and Ivana, his ex, has teamed up with a developer to one up him.

I love Vegas, and it never has a thing to do with gambling, personally. It’s the one place on Earth where people can pretty much give a fuck about anyone but themselves, and who and what they love. The place draws in enough money and beautiful women to keep the completely worthless do-nothing fuckers in City Hall and the Statehouse off their backs. So, good for all of them. Probably doesn’t even take that much cash & pussy to keep the assholes at bay.

I just love that. One of my great aspirations in business is to someday buy cheap whores for local politicians: just so there’s no confusion about what kind of man I am, and what kind they are; all of them.

Update: Enough stupid emails already. Listen, dipshits, if you give much of a fuck for things other than YOURSELF, and WHO, and WHAT else you LOVE, then you’re a fucking moron and I can’t help you, mush-for-brains. Certainly, I won’t stop you from pissing away your life on people whom you DO NOT LOVE and on things you DO NOT LOVE. Your business. Knock yourself right out.

Also, get a bit of a thinking clue, K? No competent businessman could be motivated to make an important business decision based solely on sexual favors. Those who do are incompetent, and fail. This is exactly why virtually any male politician can be bought with a BJ and some trim. It’s not a cause, but a symptom of the simple, observable fact that most people are far better than politicians.

1. Kyle Bennett on September 26, 2005 at 17:24

It has the additional advantages of keeping them too busy to cause trouble and the fact that they can't use your hookers to hurt anyone else.

2. suzanne on September 26, 2005 at 11:02

Well, I'm certainly glad you cleared that up…

3. Doug Wolf on September 26, 2005 at 14:45

Rich,

The reason a blowjob is a more expedient method of influencing the decisions of a politician than of a successful business-person is simple:

The business person is almost certainly risking his own money.

The politician never is.

— DW

P.S. Politically incorrect as it may be to say, I truly hope you *do* get to the point one day where you are using hookers to pay politicians to leave you alone. If you get to that point, it means you've met with a great deal of success in your life and business. Good luck!

4. lisa on September 26, 2005 at 12:07

how delightful! (snicker)

5. Doug Wolf on September 26, 2005 at 19:44

Kyle,

The only downside is that it involves having sex with a politician… what a terrible thing to do to a hooker!

🙂

— DW

6. Kyle Bennett on September 27, 2005 at 06:16

That's what the drugs are for. And I'm sure a conscientious employer like Richard would put them on very short rotations and offer counseling services.

Even with all that, unfortunately many will never be the same… They'll come back, and appear normal most of the time, but will suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, some will become schizophrenic or long-term addicts, some will never be able to hold a job and be found decades later on street corners holding signs that say "Politician Hooker Vet – Please Help".

We should honor their sacrifice for their country.