Food Blogging

Here was a dinner I prepared a couple of nights ago.

Porkloin

It's the pork loin you can get from Trader Joe's and I recommend it. Cook it just like it says on the wrapper: 35-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I do a little extra. First, I roll it in a little olive oil on a plate. Next, I roll it in crushed garlic and the oil helps make that stick. Into the pan, a bit of salt & pepper, then I take sweet butter and put about 5-6 pats right on the top, then I cover that all with onion sliced very thin, which holds the butter in place.

After it was done I deglazed the pan over the stove with just a bit of white whine, and then I added about a tablespoon of heavy cream and a heaping tablespoon of coconut milk. The sauce is nearly pure fat and tastes lovely. No, it doesn't taste like coconut; any more than a Thai curry does.

The asparagus is also TJ's, frozen. Just a bit of olive oil in a nice saucepan, uncovered on medium heat for a few minutes, tossing and seasoning as necessary.

1. Richard Nikoley on March 27, 2008 at 20:32

Nope, I don't count carbs. If you keep the fat content high enough, you might find as I do that you have little desire for them, even vegetables.

2. willyd on March 27, 2008 at 20:15

Looks good, i started atkins six days ago and i feel great.I did it back in 2003 and lost 70lbs.Do you count your carbs.

3. willyd on April 2, 2008 at 20:30

Ian doing if i dont eat breakfast or lunch and i start eating around five o clock mostly fatty protien very little veggies.I drink alot of diet soda do you think this is keeping me from lossing much weight.I feel better and some of the bloating is gone but hardley any fat loss.How can i speed my fat loss up.

Thanks willyd

4. Richard Nikoley on April 3, 2008 at 09:40

Willy:

I think there's evidence that even the sweetness of diet soda can raise insulin thus causing weight gain or perhaps in your case, a steady state.

I've found with IF that I go in stages. I'll loose weight for a while, then stop, gain some, go up and down for a few weeks, then begin loosing again. I do full 24 and 30 hr fasts, but I an not a proponent of the one meal per day fast every day approach. I think we ought to feed very well on non fasting periods, and then have nothing but water or unsweetened tea or coffee on the fasting days. I'd worry that one meal per day would stimulate too much insulin as well as reduce metabolism.

I think the up & down for me is my body adjusting to less energy requirement due the lower weight, and then the weight loss begins again.

5. willyd on April 3, 2008 at 11:08

I think you are right i drink a two liter or more a day of diet pepsi and i bet my body cant tell the diffrence between aspratame and sugar. i eat around five oclock and have two or three meals ending by nine pm.I think i will try cutting out all carbs for a time to see if i start losing more weight.

Thanks Willy

6. Richard Nikoley on April 7, 2008 at 17:24

By the pound.

7. willyd on April 7, 2008 at 13:13

Does the way art eats look a lot like the zone diet.I just read the zone diet book its about the same. what do you think.

8. willyd on April 7, 2008 at 17:12

I forgot to ask do you eat cheese?

9. Richard Nikoley on April 7, 2008 at 13:43

I'd sooner call his style "Paleo" than Zone. It has been some time since I read The Zone, but if I recall correctly it's about 40% cals from carbs, which is way higher than I would go.

Here's a couple of Paleo resources: