Feelin’ Like a Million

I really can't believe how good I feel, here in the sunshine. I'm convinced that while heavy supplementation of D3 is huge in terms of well being, there's simply no substitute for the real thing. Actually, I'm doing both. Since this is just a week, I've not backed off the 6k IU per day. I've also been spending about two hours in afternoon sun each day and I'm now pretty damn dark — even more that at the end of last summer and I spent some time at least 4 days per week in the sun.

Anyway, here was my dinner tonight. A whole red snapper, grilled, with some fruit (coupla slices of star fruit, and about a half a lime squeezed on it). Couldn't finish it, and other than a few raw oysters and (small) raw scallops prior, I had nothing else.

SANY0019

On a different topic, there are tons of free roaming dogs here, all extremely lean, but with solid musculature — rather like wild cats. Guess what? Every single one is of the most docile temperament I've ever seen in dogs, pits included. We've seen dozens of then, and have yet to see an agressive action, even a bark. Probably cause they're more likely to be fed real food instead of filled with crap grains and rice. Where in the EFF do people come off feeding carnivores that shit? Muther of Eff! Already.

So the restauranteurs at Maricos Tino's, Punta de Mita, were kind enough to let us let a stray dog accompany us for dinner. While he wasn't keen to the octopus or shrimp my wife offered, he very gently, almost tentatively and with apology accepted the few last bites of the snapper. My dad gave 'im some of his, too.

SANY0017

1. CL on February 20, 2009 at 10:58

Regarding dogs… there is a diet out there called B.A.R.F. I forgot what it stands for but it entails basically feeding your dog raw meat to emulate what it would eat in the wild. Same principles as paleo/efit style eating for humans. Dog owners who do this report excellent results with their dogs. If you do some research on the net you can get tons of feedback from owners who use this diet. Looks like us humans are not the only ones hurt by the current processed food/grain laden diet prescribed by the mainstream.

2. Dave on February 20, 2009 at 11:06

If you're supplementing your D3, you might want to have your level checked. I was supplementing with 4,000U a day and when I got my levels back it was only 37ng/ml, and I'd been supplementing for 6 weeks! I upped it to 8000 and will recheck. It should be about 70ng/ml. Go to http://www.grassrootshealth.org/ and for $30 you can get a kit in the mail to check your D3 levels.

3. Richard Nikoley on February 21, 2009 at 07:16

BARF= Bones And Raw Food, the bones being ground up with the food. I use Evo. It's processed but is grain free, has a bit of plant nutrition, but is otherwise 95% whole animal, including bone and organ. It's done wonders. My 11-yr-old (I had been mistakenly saying 9) male rat terrier dropped 20% of his body weight and is now more active than when he was 6. Essentially, he's as active as the 3-yr-old female.

In addition, I give them a dollop of lard in their food just about every day, and a few dribbled of fish oil, which stinks horribly, but they love. I also split one gel cap of Carlson's CLO (good A to D ratio) once per week, along with some K2 (MK-4).

4. Richard Nikoley on February 21, 2009 at 07:16

Yep, I'm going to do that very soon.

5. Dave (best diets) on February 24, 2009 at 07:38

Hi, we use Evo too. Clearly the right diet make a hugh difference for most dogs. And yeah Evo is a processed product but is grain free, and is 90%+ whole animal. It definately does work well. Cheers.

6. hampers on June 29, 2009 at 23:48

You're such a good "friend" to animals particularly the dogs. I salute you for that. You said here that dogs don't actually like rice and other grain products this is to answer my puzzlement because when I feed them food with rice, the dogs will never touched the rice but the meat. Hmmmm, nice find info huh!