Jay’s Rapid Progress

In case you didn't see the comment.

If there is one thing that will bring your body fat down, it is IF. I shot down from 19% to just over 10% in a very short time(third week of August to about a week and a half into September). I was gonna post pics on here for evidence. It was insane. The fasts were 18-20 hrs at most around twice a week.

The goal of workouts is to maintain lean mass and gain some. Work on big muscles: chest, legs, shoulders and whatever accessory smaller muscles you feel help your lifts. Do compound movements: benches, squats, deadlits.

I do 3 days of lifting, a Tabatha sprint protocol and plyos in the other two days. I also have one leisure day to do light lifting or sprint work as well. So to sum up, One full day off for sure, 2 big lift days, and the other just to get the heart going and physical activity.

Then while reading Richard's site, I was sort of plateauing in the 10% range, but wanted to shred even more and so I fasted 24 hours two days a week. I also worked out first thing in the morning after a extended overnight fast.

I am today at 6-1 165 lbs, 7% body fat. So in the course of let's say…..5 months that's a drop from 20-7%.

1. robert on February 4, 2009 at 15:24

Congratulations Jay. Great job. You are an inspiration.

To the others and myself (as I try to reconcile my happiness for Jay with my jealousy of Jay) not everyone's going to get the same dramatic results–there are many variances among individuals and anyways, this is a marathon, not a sprint.
    So steady as she goes, gang. Keep fighting the good fight. We have the strategy and our army will march on to victory! (fasting intermittently of course)

2. minneapolis J on February 4, 2009 at 19:01

Richard, holy cow! you wrote a thread about this.

That's freakin awesome!

3. minneapolis J on February 4, 2009 at 19:06

I'll send some pics to Richard…..in about two weeks. Let's all keep at this lifeway.

4. Dr Dan on February 4, 2009 at 22:52

Absolutely amazing. IF with Paleo is a powerful combination!

5. Richard Nikoley on February 5, 2009 at 06:52

It's probably the most rapid results I've seen reported. You deserve it.

6. nimrod69 on February 5, 2009 at 19:13

wow!! 7%?!! simply impressive! !

7. minneapolis J on February 9, 2009 at 17:23

robert, in the end it doesn't matter how long or short it takes. I mean as the pictures that Richard is about to post will show, I don't like a Gerard Butler in the movie 300.

the biggest thing I can say that because we are so patient with this whole deal and because we don't exercise too much and keep at it steady pace, all of us when we get the desired goals…..it'll be hard to reverse them.

as Arthur Devany says, too many people overtrain, they are into fad, let me get ripped for such and such event, but in reality….slow and steady does win the race. You need to invest in a way of life that you can maintain…….for a long, long time.

8. minneapolis J on February 21, 2009 at 08:42

Richard has inspired me to start blogging….have a read at the website, http://www.bangforurbuck.blogspot.com. the blog is still in its inception. I plan to feature Richard's progress in there at some point.