Warning: Respond Immediately to Philip Downey’s (pedlrd2@comcast.net) Emails

No, really. Seriously. This is serious…

Judge for yourself.

~~~

From: Philip Downey <pedlrd2@comcast.net>

YOu are nothing more than an internet scammer trying to make money

I really appreciate how you totally IGNORE my emails

You asshole.

2 emails longer than a week

Paleoman did nto live long you nut PLUS Loren Cordain an actual REAL educated man, KNOWS 800 year old Eskimos who ate an all meat diet had EXTENSIVE ATHEROSCLEROSIS

YOU OR I OR ANYONE ELSE WAS NOT AROUND THEN. YOU DON'T KNOW.

FURTHERMORE WE DON ;T KNOW HOW HEALTHY THEY WERE

GET IN THE MODERN WORLD

~~~

Yea, sorry about that; I've been busy counting all the money I'm making off all of you scam victims. But thanks, y'all. And you keep coming back for more.

Anyway, what's sort of instructive about the sort of person Mr. Downey is can be found in the question I did answer for him (in the order received, so I guess I owe a big apology to Michael, Marc, Liana, madmax, Paleo Newbie, and Ankit, all of whom waited even longer for answers or acknowledgement). The second email, incidentally, was yet another question about what Art De Vany advocates.

I'll simply point out that's it's ironic that I'm the "scammer," yet I am a paid, legitimate subscriber to Art De Vany's private blog and Mr. Downey apparently wishes that I essentially pass along Art's information to him for free so that he doesn't have to go to the time and expense himself. Incidentally, Art and many of his subscribers are very thorough at answering these questions in the comments of his subscription blog.

Alright, enough. For your general amusement, I've copied the other emails that have come in from Mr. Downey this morning. An abuse report has been emailed to Comcast after I warned him to stop, and he sent two additional emails. Finally, why am I doing this? Character matters. This will stay up forever; Googlable, forever. My apologies to the other Philip Downeys of the world, but I suspect those who know this one will understand what they're looking at.

~~~

From: Philip Downey <pedlrd2@comcast.net>

excuses excuses

From: Richard Nikoley

To: Philip Downey

Before I decide what to do with this, did you see this morning's post?

~~~

From: Philip Downey <pedlrd2@comcast.net>

You are an arrogant twat that couldn't be bothered in the least ……..

You deliberately ignore a polite email for over a week. It's only when something is in it for YOU , that you reply. Typical internet UNknowledgeable CHARLATAN in it to SCAM, PERSONS of their money

You ahve not read shit of the PRIMARY saturated fat literature. Dr. Fuhrman OWNS YOU

No one today was alive back then. Furthermore WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT THEY DID ?

No one knows if they were healthy, you internet huckster!

We DON'T know what exactly they ate , how they exercised or how healthy they were.

All of you internet hucksters paint a utopian picture. Laughable……

THINGS PROGRESS. YOU NEED TO GET IN THE MODERN WORLD.

~~~

From: Philip Downey <pedlrd2@comcast.net>

Subj: DeVany Looks TERRIBLE

What are you smoking?????? You need glasses. DeVany is a geezer who looks TERRIBLE. Look at that face.

He does NOT look good and I don't know anyone sane who would listen to that nut.

I personally know a 78 year old man who runs 100 meters in 17 seconds

Chew on that

~~~

From: Philip Downey <pedlrd2@comcast.net>

LOSER

From: Richard Nikoley

To: Philip Downey

I'm going to warn you one time:

Get out of my email. The next one from you, and I will deliver the entire file to Comcast's service department.

Do not reply.

1. Wow >.> What a weirdo >.> If he even read the blog he'd KNOW you were on vacation for the past bit >.>

2. 1968Tigers on February 26, 2009 at 12:26

Richard,

Keep up the great work and content.

I think you are clearly dealing with a true PETAtard in this Philip character. I'm yet to meet a PETA drone that is mentally stable.
    Dr. Fuhrman??? Please!!!

Keep fighting the good fight.

Aaron

3. Nancy R. on February 26, 2009 at 12:55

Whoa. My blood pressure is on the rise and I'm not the one getting these insane emails. It truly stinks that part of doing what you do leaves you open to this kind of abuse. Know that the vast majority of your readers appreciate what you're about and know you only seek the truth. I had to laugh about the money thing though, what a fool that guy is!

4. Marc Feel Good Eating on February 26, 2009 at 12:59

Too funny.

Thanks for adressing my question Richard….you huckster. 😉

Marc

5. Aunt Kay on February 26, 2009 at 16:27

What a hill-rod!

6. BEE on February 26, 2009 at 12:08

Nutcase!

7. Richard Nikoley on February 26, 2009 at 13:00

Thanks, Nancy.

Clearly he knows nothing about me. Probably thought that posting all of his incoherent, misspelled, ungrammatical drivel where everyone could see his criticisms of me was the last thing I'd do.

But…

1. My self confidence, character, principles and integrity to these sorts of matters is unshakable.

2. I have great confidence in my readers' ability to sort through this stuff. After all, the whole thing here is about thinking for ourselves in place the the experts and authorities.

8. Chris on February 27, 2009 at 01:49

Oh dear. I noticed he is a Brit too, and it makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen. Richard – please rest assured there are plenty of us over the Pond who appreciate your good work. And who don't think you are a "huckster".

9. Beastie Girl on February 27, 2009 at 00:53

Wee hee! I love poking the Internet monkey.

Yeah, we do know what they ate, how they moved and how healthy they were. And if moving into the modern world means eating chemical shit that makes me feel sick then I'd rather live in my paleo paradise, thanks.

(Been spendin' most mah life, livin' in a paleo paradise..)

LOVE the Great British colloquialisms the guy/geezer uses too. And yet he calls you an "asshole" instead of an "arsehole". 'E might be a bit of an ol' Sexton Blake if you ask me….(http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/alternatives/689)

10. minneapolis J on February 27, 2009 at 23:02

1.Richard's high fat diet has given him HDL levels of over 90.
    2.Arthur Devany is aging somewhat and may have the gray hairs of a 70 year, but did this guy understand what Devany's body composition is like? The guy packs on 205 lbs. and is something like 8% body fat. He also can do physical activity that any 18 year old could do.
    3.Richard has fun with the blog and can do what he chooses with it. He has made it creative and very reader friendly. That's why the blog is so popular.
    Plus add the fact that he is telling his own story about his fat loss and has charted the adventure for two years….

11. Richard Nikoley on February 27, 2009 at 16:19

Ah, there's plenty of American trolls, too, so let's keep the British End Up, eh?

Lemmetellyou: I've done lots of time in Hong Kong and other places you're likely to run into Brits. I've never ever doubted the fundamental source of the American Spirit and heritage.

12. Bryce on February 28, 2009 at 06:04

Richard,
    Shaking off haters seems to be one of the most rewarding parts of my whole fitness routine. Whether it's getting crazy looks and scoffs for working out the way I do (frequently CrossFit style, kippin pullups, etc), or being sneered at for eating 'unhealthily' because I'll eat a pile of ribs w/ no french fries, or an extra piece of steak w/ no potatos, it all has become an enjoyable part of my life style. I love the fact that people in worse shape then me look at me and say "it's his metabolism." Well I guess over the past 8-12 months my metabolism decided to drop 30lbs of fat. I was always the pudgy, unathletic type throughout highschool, and now I'm not, and it's a good feeling.

Thanks for your blog, because with you, Mark Sisson, Keith Norris, and some others, I have the motivation I need to stay fit and keep getting fitter. I only wish I had known this stuff before college. It would have been a lot more fun had I been in this kind of shape!

-bryce

13. Richard Nikoley on February 28, 2009 at 09:46

"It would have been a lot more fun had I been in this kind of shape!"

Hmmm, wonder what you mean by that… 🙂

14. Richard Nikoley on February 28, 2009 at 11:18

Don't waste your time, J. The guy is just a troll, doing this sort of thing for fun and without adding any value.

Get this ridiculous email he sent yesterday.

~~~

Richard

I troll a lot. My original question was a semi- troll. I also did not realize you answer questions by email on your blog. Also I did not even notice you had in fact answered my question.

So due to this complete misunderstanding, it sparked my trolling side. Thanks for making me famous, bu there is zero validity to any of my previous comments. I am a master troll.

Sorry to break it to you, but I can spell. It is obvious the other emails are ridiculous and arsehole-ish. I am surprised you could not see this. I hope my trolling did not leave you traumatized. LOL

Cheers, ol' chap

Phil

~~~

As if "I troll alot" somehow excuses bad behavior. Moreover, from where comes this notion that just because I get an email I have some moral obligation to give a personal reply — and within the sender's acceptable timeframe.

Anyway, since then, he's been trolling other entries, posting insulting comments (deleted).

He must have a bi-polar disorder.