Guess What?

Picture 3

Think you know? Strawberry soft serve, perhaps?

Picture 4

It's mechanically separated chickenstep one in making chicken nuggets. Yum.

(HT: Mark and this guy)

1. Jim on March 2, 2009 at 13:30

Jesus. Is this before or after digestion? It looks like somebody chugged a quart of pink food coloring and took a laxative.

There's something to be said for the days when people raised their own animals for food. I remember watching my grandpa butcher chickens and pigs… at least we knew what the hell we were eating.

2. Jim (not the one who alreay posted) on March 2, 2009 at 15:28

Well, at first I was thrown off, but I don't think it looks so bad. It is pink because there is a small amount of blood in the meat and the meat has not been cook. You could argue that the "hotdog" like paste is much easier to digest, and could be better for you than plain chicken *IF* they didn't insist on rolling the nuggets in bread to be fried in partially hydrogenated oils, and dipped in flavored corn syrup. I don't understand the cardboard, I would expect stainless steel tubs or some food grade plastic.

I think this is great, the place looks really clean. better than I would have expected.

Meat ain't pretty till its cooked (IMHO)

3. minneapolis J on March 2, 2009 at 16:44

It looks pretty awful to me….

4. Richard Nikoley on March 2, 2009 at 13:47

We used to butcher both chickens and rabbits when I was a kid.

Yea, couldn't possibly be "food" like that making america fat, diabetic and heart diseased. It's the "artery clogging saturated fats" and cholesterol.

To that, I say: Occam's Razor.

5. Helen on March 3, 2009 at 00:27

Ew! Ok this is even worse because when I first looked at the picture I was like mmmm strawberry icecream and then it turned out to be chicken…grim! But still (frighteningly) probably not enough to put me off chicken nuggets…

6. Richard Nikoley on March 2, 2009 at 19:48

Jim:

You have a point. Though I prefer rustic type sausages, i.e., more corse than your average hot dog, as long as the processing is mechanical and not chemical (solvents, as they extract frankenoils), then it's just a different form, really. I think Nathan's all-beef hot dogs are good food (I haven't looked into preservatives, additives, and such, however — haven't had one in a while). Point is, some people have a tough time with organs, offal, etc., and having it all ground up together, with lots of fat, is a good way to access that nutrition in a (very) tasty fashion.

Jim, buddy, you're gonna be your own expert before long, if not already. Shit. Could never kick your ass in Windows Server in a million years, and before long, you're gonna know more than I about nutrition, if you don't already…

7. Eric on March 9, 2009 at 12:07

"the place looks really clean…"

LOL. Are you referring to the garbage can sitting in the background, or the fact that they're pouring it into unlined cardboard boxes?

8. buy instrusta antivirus on April 16, 2019 at 18:54

I don’t think I’ll be able to ever un-see this. That is disgusting.

9. b1tcch boi on June 13, 2019 at 14:03

u all retards or something this obviously fake

• Richard Nikoley on June 13, 2019 at 14:07

No, it’s just that you are a moron, which means you’re too stupid to recognize when you’re ignorant.

This is actually what extruded chicken for nuggets looks like before for forming and cooking. The pink color is from blood.

Now, take your ignorant ass out of here and go fuck off.