Lottsa Links

How about a few links as I mull over my next post, which will be a sort of overview of my personal progress and some things I've learned recently and modified.

– How about a cure for gray hair, maybe even baldness via stem cell stimulation? Dr. Mercola explains: "So the idea is that by stimulating the stem cells with special polypeptide signals you may be able to reverse this process and keep both your hair color, and your hair. I’m actually beta testing one of these polypeptide signal topical therapies right now, and my hair is slowly starting to come back in…and most of the gray is disappearing."

– Dr. Mercola, again, this time on cancer. "And though this article doesn’t mention it, well in excess of half of the cancers worldwide would simply disappear if vitamin D levels were optimized." And what are optimal levels? Well, opinions vary, but my own research leads me to believe that you want 60-80 ng/mL of 25-hydroxyvitamin D.

And now more on vitamin D, this time presented by Michael Holick, PhD, MD, Professor of medicine, physiology and biophysics
and director of the General Clinical Research Center at Boston University Medical Center.

– Amazing upper body strength. Attention: the background music isn't work safe and may be offensive to some. So, you may want to keep the volume low or off. (I forgot who sent me that or where I saw it, so thanks).

– Lard, one of the kings of wonderful fat, is making a comeback. I picked this up from Diana's place, yesterday.

– Finally, reader "Tin Tin Wonder Dog" emailed in to report on a UK family who gets to live at everyone else's expense because they're "too fat to work." Punchline: it's not enough to "live." Yes indeed, bring on that nationalized health care here in America. I for one just can't wait to start paying for all the health problems caused by Big-Agra, its chief sales representative — the U.S. Department of Agriculture — and all its other sales account managers (ADA, AHA, and research whores).

1. Mark on March 23, 2009 at 17:22

Well-timed lard link – I just got done reading this one:

Rendering Lard

I need to get me some pig fat.

2. Gary Katch on March 24, 2009 at 08:23

In the "fat family" article, I found the last line poignant: "We want to lose weight, but we don't know how…" while eating cereal, potatoes, bread, etc.

How many suffering people in this world are bewildered by their condition while eating exactly the way mainstream nutrition wants them to eat?

3. Aaron on March 24, 2009 at 11:05

Very illuminating video by Dr. Holick. I've been taking about 5k IU D3 per day and have been giving about 4k IU daily to my 3-year old daughter. She and I both have a metabolic disorder that makes us sun-sensitive, so we need to get D3 from our diet.

4. Marc on March 24, 2009 at 12:50

Can you share with us the name and source for the Polypeptide you are trying. Would love to get some the hair I have lost to grow back as well as the gray out.

Thanks

5. Monica on March 24, 2009 at 10:30

Tell it like it is, Richard!!

6. Richard Nikoley on March 24, 2009 at 11:04

I get leaf lard from Prather Ranch. Unfortunately, you can only get at the farmer's markets and few retail stores here in the Bay Area, and not my mail order. It is pure, pure white without the slightest porky flavor. The result from that link is about the color of the product over at the local mexican market that they render on site. I don't care for the flavor of the product at the mexican market, but Elizabeth's may be perfectly fine.

7. Richard Nikoley on March 24, 2009 at 12:58

It's Dr. Mercola who's trying it.

8. Marc Feel Good Eating on March 25, 2009 at 07:34

In case anyone needs it…
    Here's a good leaf lard source

It's good stuff.
    Marc

9. Dane Miller on March 26, 2009 at 10:15

I love lard. I love it a lot.

Good Vitamin D stuff. I have been doing some extensive searching for more Vitamin D research, if you come across anything, please let me know. I need more articles.

10. Richard Nikoley on March 26, 2009 at 12:51

Two great resources are the vitamin d council and grassrootshealth.