Random Me

Taken by Bea, earlier today on San Antonio's River Walk.

SANY0050

1. Lute Nikoley on April 15, 2009 at 23:04

I think you need to go get some smaller pants. They look a little big on ya.

2. Chris on April 15, 2009 at 23:39

Looking good.

I'm jealous. The weather is crap here today – sea mist for the last two days…..

3. Amy Wagner on April 16, 2009 at 02:51

Wow its amazing how good yo look and I bet you are feeling on top of the world with your progress and sure are an inspiration to others

4. damaged justice on April 16, 2009 at 04:42

Every day in every way, you're looking better and better!

5. Adam Cilonis on April 16, 2009 at 07:33

Remember back in the day when you didn't smile for pictures?!?!

6. Amie on April 16, 2009 at 08:25

lookin' good!

7. Scott Miller on April 16, 2009 at 08:37

I was just in SA on the Riverwalk last week. Got a perfectly cooked filet mignon and baked potato at Little Rhein's Steak House:

I rarely eat baked potatoes, but I halved one with my dinner partner, and slathered it with real butter, cheese and three heaping spoons of real bacon crumbles. OMG delicious.

8. PJ Vallier on April 16, 2009 at 11:40

Like others have said. You look Healthy. You look Happy. Awesome Pic!!!

9. Jessica on April 16, 2009 at 05:03

You look very healthy! That was my first thought.

10. Erin in Flagstaff on April 16, 2009 at 13:04

Don't you feel that when you do go to sleep that it's a deeper sleep? I rarely wake up throughout the night like I used to do.

11. pooti on April 16, 2009 at 07:46

Wow, way to go! Love the San Antonio River Walk, too!

12. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2009 at 07:56

As it happens, I've inspired my bro-in-law (my age) to give this lifestyle a go. He kept mentioning how much better I look. Ultimately, you yourself are the best advertisement for the paleo/primal/evolutionary/ancestral lifestyle.

13. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2009 at 07:59

Just as good: I FEEL healthy. I feel great. As I was mentioning in another comment reply, my bro-in-law is going to give this a go. In addition to my inspirational appearance, he was really sold on the massive increase of energy. I think he's where I am, falling dead-ass asleep at 10PM every night. Not that going to bed early isn't a good thing, but I rarely ever get that awful just-plain-beat feeling anymore from punishing one's bod with carbs all day long.

14. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2009 at 08:01

Yea, and I'm actually smiling 'cause I feel like it, now!

15. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2009 at 09:03

Hey, Scott, that's exactly where we ate first night here (first table to left at the top of the stairs). I had the ribeye. Wife & I split the beefsteak tomato salad.

Well, hell. Here, I went and blogged it just now.

16. Pam Maltzman on April 16, 2009 at 16:15

Dang, dude, you actually have cheekbones!! Good for you!

17. Andy on April 16, 2009 at 20:17

Richard, the change in your appearance is striking. Glad to see the positive changes.

18. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2009 at 15:10

I've recently been taking melatonin and tryptophan on an empty stomach before bed. If you like VIVID dreams and sleeping 6-7 hours straight, give 'em a whirl.

19. Pam Maltzman on April 18, 2009 at 23:37

If Texas were to actually secede, it would immediately go on my short list of places to go when we can finally leave California. Of course, I would try to avoid the more humid parts of the state.