A Sunday Brunch

Earlier today, I did a twitpic of the brunch Bea, I and friends down the hall prepared. Now, here's the plated version.

Quiche

The quiche was crustless. Seven eggs, a cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup water, sea salt & fresh ground pepper.

Separately, about 10 slices of fairly thin sliced bacon, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/2 small package of baby spinach. I cut up the bacon, got it frying, added the onion, and at the very end added the spinach. Set it out on a paper towel, then all on the chopping block to chop finely.

Melted leaf lard in my fry pan, poured in the egg mixture, dropped in the bacon mixture, then a cup of grated New Zealand grass fed sharp cheddar, and then I gently stirred it all into the mixture.

About 30 minutes at 350 and a 5-minute finish at 400 to get a decent crust on top. Let rest for 10 minutes or so.

1. thania1 on June 15, 2009 at 00:00

Thanks is great is the kind of food I am doing now, mixing veggies and fruits in the same dish. Some how before I had them always sepatate.

Also to say hello, I am following you on twitter and reading your blog , for the past 2 months or so.

2. Michelle on June 15, 2009 at 01:03

Ohh this looks so good. I have been looking for a crustless quiche recipe. I will have to try it with the coconut flour.

Good to see NZ cheese being sold over there too 🙂
    I'm from New Plymouth, New Zealand.

3. Joe Matasic on June 15, 2009 at 05:55

Never tried it with any type of flour. Though I just bought some coconut flour last week. Might have to try again. I used to make quiche my everyday breakfast. Brown a pound of ground meat (any) and beat six eggs or so and a cup of heavy cream. Stir mixture in pie dish and top with cheese. Bake 350 for 50 minutes. I sometimes added veggies and different spices to change it up. Greasing the pan with something will help.

4. Yummy on June 15, 2009 at 13:23

Thanks for the quiche recipe. It sounds really tasty! I sometimes make individual quiches or frittatas in muffin tins for easy breakfast during the week. This combo of ingredients sounds great.

5. minneapolis J on June 18, 2009 at 21:26

Look at that plate bacon and eggs made in a fancy way….that plate is full of FAT. I love it 🙂

6. Troy on July 1, 2009 at 19:37

just made it with mozzarella cheese.

unreal