Admin Notes

I have commissioned an expert team to convert this TypePad blog over to WordPress in its entirety. I can't wait to deliver my parting shot to TypePad over that. For the last two years or so, every single enhancement has come with 2-3 bugs that take months to fix, if ever, and general downgrades.

Whereas, years ago I was able to compose a post wholly in the rich text editor, for the last two years I have yet to compose a post where I didn't have to hand edit html to get things to display right.

Next, the wife & are are leaving San Jose tomorrow AM for Vista, CA to drop off the dogs at her parents'. Then, Sunday, we head down to San Diego to catch a cruise ship for my parent's 50th anniversary, along with all three of my brothers and their wives / SOs.

Should be fun. I'll endeavor to snap some photos of real food assembled from cruise ship fare. No idea what connectivity will be, but I'll do what I can.

We'll be back in full swing immediately after the 7/4 weekend.

1. Janice on June 24, 2009 at 15:12

Have a great time on your cruise!! We are going on one with my brother and sister in law in February so I'll be glad to hear and see what you ate. There's so many choices that I would think it would be easy to keep up with healthy eating. Enjoy!! Loving this blog by the way!

2. Curiousfarmer on June 24, 2009 at 15:15

Have a great vacation!

3. Aaron Blaisdell on June 24, 2009 at 16:03

If you're driving to San Diego, and have time on your way down or your way back to San Jose, you should look me up. I'm right off the 405 in Los Angeles (Culver City, actually) a few miles north of LAX. I can show you some good restaurants in downtown Culver City where you can get quite a good Paleo meal.

4. David - Fat Loss Tips on June 24, 2009 at 19:28

Exciting stuff. Kudos to you for enlisting in some help in the conversion. Which cruise line you going with? I've sailed with Celebrity but I'm sure they are all the same. Tons of prime rib, bacon, eggs, raw vegetables… so I think you'll be fine. Enjoy!

5. Chris on June 24, 2009 at 23:19

enjoy the trip

6. John Keith on June 25, 2009 at 08:05

I'll be really interested to hear how you fare with the food. I was having a discussion with someone else just last week about this very topic. He too is heading on a cruise (to Alaska) and figured he'd just "take a week off." Yikes, there must be suitable food options!

7. Richard Nikoley on June 28, 2009 at 10:46

It's a Carnival cruise and I'm sure there will be plenty of paleo fare.