They Had to Say “Caveman,” Dammit!

Well I suppose I shouldn’t chastise the host of the radio show even before I’m on. See the 10:30 slot. It’s a one-on-one I’m told with Rob Breakenridge. I suppose I’m going to have to work in my criticism of the "caveman" style, if I might.

Breakenridge

So I was very pleased ’round noonish to get an email from Whitney Deane of CHQR Radio, AM770 out of Alberta, Canada. Doubtless fruit of the Maclean’s piece, I’m just really grateful to be able to take part in this new semi-movement in this way.

Food for thought: how many of you saw this coming, I mean really, potentially big? My answer is that I’d not have gotten involved in its promotion, had I not seen it coming. Given the failures of nearly all diets and the only partial success of others (and major part of partial for Atkins and similar, of course), wasn’t it time for something a bit radical…different, and that smacks of both egalitarian for the commies and individualist for the fascists? I jest, of course.

At any rate, before I get started — and I’m a bit bouncing off walls right now ’cause I want to do damn good — you might be able to catch the live stream via the website, here: CLICK. It should start at 9:30 PST or shortly thereafter.

Update: Show notes and a link to the interview.

1. Aaron Blaisdell on March 9, 2010 at 15:35

If it were TV I’d say bring a club and wear a Fred Flintstone outfit. Guess that would be pointless with radio. But at least you can cuss, right? 😉 Just load up on scotch and grass-fed beef before the interview. And congratulations!

• Richard Nikoley on March 9, 2010 at 15:48

I’ll probably have a scotch in me. Best to not have eaten, however. For me.

• Sean on March 10, 2010 at 08:54

Best of luck! (Dont forget the movement appeals to the libertarian who likes the local market ideas haha), been lurking the blog for about a year now, always good stuff. Just finished my first 24 hour fast and a workout to top it off!

2. Kyle on March 9, 2010 at 16:13

Nice work, us Albertans will hopefully be tuning in. I’ve been tuning the people at work who chastise me onto the Macleans piece and your site as well.

3. JUPITER BOONE on March 9, 2010 at 16:27

CAN YOU POST A LINK TO IT’S LOCATION IN THE ARCIVES IN CASE PEOPLE MISS IT LIKE ME MY WORK COMPUTER IS A PIECE OF CRAP WITH OUT SOUND

• Chris P on March 10, 2010 at 07:26

Your caps lock button seems to be stuck too.

4. Suzan on March 9, 2010 at 16:37

I have been waiting for the Paleo way of eating to become well-known and popular. Think of all the people that might change their habits and start eating healthy as a result of the radio show. Very cool.

• Lute on March 9, 2010 at 17:53

Yeah, how about getting invited on Oprah, she’s got a huge audience.

• James on March 9, 2010 at 18:33

Oprah’s got too much grain/pharma advert. $$$ coming in to allow us a voice.

• Kiran on March 9, 2010 at 20:16

She’s big on soy too. I don’t see her being paleo friendly.

5. Jeanie on March 9, 2010 at 18:47

You go, Richard! Woo Hoo!!

6. Rob Breakenridge on March 9, 2010 at 21:54

Ha! Blame Whitney… she put the schedule on the web 😉

Thanks again for coming on

• Richard Nikoley on March 10, 2010 at 15:23

It was a pleasure, Rob. You are a different breed as a talk show interviewer from what I’m used to here if the US (which is why I don’t listen to talk, anymore — except the occasional NPR — which is funny because I’m totally anti-state (yet another part of the advanced course in the paleo lifestyle). Question is, am I anarchist because of paleo, or ther other way around, having been that way politically for a couple of decades.

At any rate, thank for the podium. I posted a few thoughts here:

7. Lute on March 9, 2010 at 21:56

Great job on the radio interview Richard, awesome. Wonder how many listeners he has.

• shel on March 9, 2010 at 22:06

Lute, he’s pretty big.

8. shel on March 9, 2010 at 22:01

i just heard you on Breakenridge here in my province. he’s one of the better radio hosts. he has a libertarian bent, by the way.

how many of us saw it coming? i did. i knew it would be the next SWPL trend. whether it will be mainstream from now on is speculation.

• Lute on March 9, 2010 at 22:20

Thanks Shell, is he Nationwide or local?

• shel on March 10, 2010 at 21:23

he’s Alberta-wide, but particularly southern Alberta.

9. ReachWest on March 10, 2010 at 07:23

I just caught the tail end of the interview – damn, only got the last 5 minutes.
    I live in calgary – so Rob Breakenridge is a local radio station for me – kinda odd coincidence.

Any chance you’ll be able to post a link to the audio of the interview?

10. […] Subscribe ← They Had to Say “Caveman,” Dammit! […]