So Many Meatza Varieties

And here’s another one, canadian bacon & mushrooms. Lots of mushrooms. First, I chopped a few crimini very finely and added them to the sauce. Then, I chopped up a few more very finely and mixed them in with the mozzarella and then for a final bit of mushroom madness, added slices on top.

Ready to head into the oven. Remember to click on the photos for way higher quality.

Canadian Bacon Mushroom Meatza
Canadian Bacon & Mushroom Meatza

And here’s the finished deal.

Meatza
Meatza
Meatza 2
Meatza (Artsy Fartsy Pic)

So there you have it. Make yours today. Instructions right here.

1. Chuck O on May 19, 2010 at 10:28

The only problem with the MEATZA, is i eat the entire thing everytime at one stitting…so thats usually my 1 meal day…

Looks Great!

2. JUPITER on May 19, 2010 at 10:29

That is great, i like it so much that my wife is going to make me an all meat birthday cake for my birthday, with meat icing and meat candles.

3. Chris Sturdy on May 19, 2010 at 10:59

This looks awesome! Who needs meatloaf when you have “Meatza”! I’ll have to give it a whirl. Maybe a smaller version, just for me, until I get the rest of the troops on board.

4. Janet on May 19, 2010 at 12:19

I was just thinking about making pizza. I’m now going to have to make meatza. Love the name.

5. epistemocrat on May 19, 2010 at 13:28

Looks fabulous; I’m hungry!

6. Organic Gabe on May 19, 2010 at 15:45

Hmmm, yep, looks great.

7. Karen C. on May 19, 2010 at 20:01

Which one has been your favorite so far? They all look great!

• Richard Nikoley on May 19, 2010 at 22:40

Gotta go with the pepperoni. Just something about it and in that case I don’ even want to spice up the ground beef.

My fav conventional pizza has always been pepperoni, either with onion or black olives. Simple.

8. peterlepaysan on May 20, 2010 at 04:52

hey this sounds like a fun variation on meat lof/ meat patties/ rissoles.

9. Sean on May 20, 2010 at 08:00

When I was in high school I was a cook at a rather decent pizza restaurant (Showbiz, a high-end version of Chuck E Cheese that went bankrupt) for a year. In that time, I never even came close to getting sick of pizza. I consider the occasional real homemade pizza (and lasagna) to be an allowable sin, especially since my 3 1/2 year old son loves to “help” make the dough. I’ll skip the potatoes that have gotten you into so much trouble with the paleo-zealots, but take the occasional gluten hit for the greater good of my tastebuds and bonding with my son.

• Sean on May 20, 2010 at 08:24

Actually, I make potatoes for my son and will have a few myself, cut into wedges and deep fried (at low heat) in lard, my paleo-ish compromise.

10. Deb on May 20, 2010 at 11:15

You must’ve read my mind: I was planning to make meatza for dinner tonight. Thanks for the extra inspiration!

11. Ken S on May 20, 2010 at 12:17

Hey Richard – great to bump into you last week at Trials. I’m diggin the Meatza recipe and pics! It’s got my mouth watering!

12. Andrew U on May 21, 2010 at 06:26

I made this for dinner last night, amazing. I even passed it off to the family I’m staying with as “Maetza,” a traditional Lebanese dinner of thanks.