At the Beach

Arrived yesterday in Monterosso after a drive from Rome. Lots of fun.

Just a simple post from my phone.

photo1

photo2

photo3

1. Erika @ Dr.TriRunner on July 24, 2010 at 05:53

Wow. I don’t like the sentiment of “jealousy” … but you bet I’m feelin’ it!

2. Primal Toad on July 24, 2010 at 07:10

This is too awesome Richard. I love how you can easily blog while on vacation with the new iPhone! Technology sure does come in handy. I am incredibly jealous of you but I see myself doing the same thing soon 🙂

3. Elizabeth on July 24, 2010 at 12:00

Lovely…

4. Lucy on July 24, 2010 at 13:56

We stayed there in 2004. It is beautiful there. We loved our time in Cinque Terre. We also spent time in Tuscany, Napoli, and Sicily…

5. Gabe on July 24, 2010 at 16:54

Nice photos! I was feeling that sense of deja vu all over again, then I remembered coming out of that very tunnel as a callow 21-year-old backpacker.

Having made peace with the occasional white potato carbage, will you cave and try any of the local pasta?

• Richard Nikoley on July 24, 2010 at 21:23

I don’t know about pasta, but I have sopped up the odd bits of olive oil with a morsel of crusty Italian bread here & there. For the most part it’s quite easy to eat Paleo with all the amazing seafood. Can’t get enough of the fresh calamari and octopus in olive oil. The octopus has the texture of lobster. Amazing.

6. CaribbeanVacationer on July 27, 2010 at 11:23

You won’t get the tint to your skin that you will get in the tropics like Puerto Rico , that is for sure , Richard. Miami can even give a better tan.

• Richard Nikoley on July 27, 2010 at 11:36

The darkest bronziest tans I’ve ever had are from the high desert. But I’ve gotten good tans in tropical places as well, like Thailand and Philippines.