MovNat; Summersville, West Virginia

Simple title, eh? But that’s where I’ll be, flight time in 10 hours.

I’ve got to get packing, but then, I’m a 5-minute pack kinda guy. Only, I’ve been corresponding with Erwan and we’ve mutually worked out coolness. For the first time ever that I’m aware of, a participant (me) is going to do a little side work to benefit the both of us.

I’m bringing an HD camera, laptop (normally forbidden), cigarettes (kidding), and with what is apparently crappy wifi, we’re going to try to mash a little video (original sound), add some pics, some commentary, and send it out to you daily at FTA. Wadda deal. Free.

It’s worth doing. After all, we’re there to work. I’ve been obsessed about it the last week and increasing in intensity gradually.

Wanna see whaddI mean? Check out Melissa McEwan.

Well, for the meantime, check out the videos at Erwan’s MovNat. And I’ll catch up with you as very soon I can. Note: Beatrice & I leave for France/Italy three days from when I get back. When we return, a 14th annual camping trip a few days after. I’m going to be tied up a lot. (Side Note: I’ve got like 150 unanswered emails from you wonderful readers. I really am at a loss about what to do about that and if you don’t hear back from me KNOW that I read and appreciated every single one and some will make their way into the blog, one way or another, in time — I don’t delete until I know I’m done.)

1. Woody on July 11, 2010 at 20:55

I’m really jealous right now. I looked into going to one of the workshops this summer, but it didn’t work out. I hope you have fun and definitely keep us updated. Enjoy your wifi in the woods.

2. Marc on July 11, 2010 at 21:07

So exciting, I am very interested in seeing these videos. On a side note, givin your recent blogs on shoes, which near barefoot option will you be taking on the trip?

• Richard Nikoley on July 11, 2010 at 22:21

All of them. In the bag already.

3. michael on July 12, 2010 at 04:15

Richard,
    Have a great time! I am really exited to be able to read your/see your posts of MovNat. That and the “China Study” thing thats simmering on Denise’s blog. I wish I could go to a MovNat thing. I love those videos.

4. JP@PrimalJournal on July 12, 2010 at 07:06

Richard,

Great Idea! Can’t wait to read it all!

5. Luke M-Davies on July 12, 2010 at 07:13

It’s times like this I’d like to be in the States instead of the UK. The primal movement is a little slower to take off here!

Looking forward to your regular updates!!

6. Ned Kock on July 13, 2010 at 07:26

Just came back from a trip to Europe myself – Belgium and Holland.

Btw, the other day I showed a MovNat clip to one of my sons, and he laughed at me. I wrote a post about it:

I wish you and your wife a good trip Richard! Take cash. I had a hard time using credit cards during my trip.

7. Bay Area Sparky on July 13, 2010 at 20:21

Good luck and have a great time, Richard. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about MovNat.

8. Primal Toad on July 18, 2010 at 17:38

Have a great time Richard!

1st video… 2:06 to 2:16… is that for real?!? I would NEVER do that!

• Richard Nikoley on July 19, 2010 at 07:50

I’ll cover more about Erwan’s particular skills in the final post I’m drafting (video mashup is holding things back). Essentially he’s a Cirque do Soleil acrobat & gymnast all in one. Even if he were to trip which is highly unlikely, he’d never go over the side.

It’s a low risk move combined with high danger. As a comparison, so is flying in an airline. Low risk, statistically, but very high danger if stuff goes wrong.