Leangains: Intermission

Yea, yea…I know. I’m behind again in getting the next post out, so for those of you not following Martin’s blog regularly (and why not!?), here’s a sample of the results those who follow his methods of diet, IF, and lift heavy get.

Danielle
Danielle

The before was only from last year. Read the whole story here on Martin’s blog.

1. Matthew on December 1, 2010 at 05:53

That is an amazing transformation, particularly after having a child and dealing with her sons medical difficulties.

I’d say though that competition photos are not a great way to judge someones everyday appearance and they always look a bit strange to me. The bright lights, tensed muscles and so much tan make for a rather artificial picture. This photo on her website gives a better idea of how that lean and muscular look appears in a more normal setting –

• Melissa on December 1, 2010 at 06:27

Yeah I agree. Bodybuilding is a weird culture that involves hideous orange spray tans, poffy hair, and ugly costumes.

• Martin Berkhan on December 1, 2010 at 10:25

Melissa,

I agree. I have a hard time relating to the whole setup on contest day – the tanning, posing, etc. Then again, I have no issues helping competitors out. Going through the process and seeing/experiencing the transformation is what’s interesting.

• Sue on December 1, 2010 at 14:55

Its interesting that she did it with fasting. I’m doing a fat-loss challenge at the moment where they insist you eat 5-6 meals per day. I think it can work but I just feel hungry all the time. I think I’ll go back to missing breakfast – I never feel hungry then.

• mystic on February 13, 2011 at 15:19

Dont forget the coconut tumor looking implants. We have forgotten what true beauty is. I also cannot stand the dumbass poses thy have women do. Posing like they weigh 300 poumds with lats that won’t fit through the door and stiff fingers like they had a stroke.

2. Jan on November 30, 2010 at 16:53

Impressive…but it looks like her bikini is made out of purple koosh balls.

• Pip on December 1, 2010 at 10:21

You owe me a new keyboard.

• Jan on December 3, 2010 at 16:00

Ah – my work here is done, then.

3. Jason Sandeman on December 1, 2010 at 08:05

Well, I would have to say that she looks very hot right now, even if she could break me in half! I am seriously impressed with her, and how much she has gone through with her little “bear”. She is a definite inspiration to find out about the IF way.

4. William Marcum on November 30, 2010 at 17:51

Amazing transformation, and it shows the power of eating right and doing more focused work. Of course to interject my opinion, I think she was a lot sexier prior to leaning out and bulking up.

• mystic on February 13, 2011 at 15:08

Then you need standards. She.looked a typical American pig in her before photo. Nothing sexy about a gut.

5. Richard Nikoley on November 30, 2010 at 18:01

“I think she was a lot sexier prior to leaning out and bulking up.”

No shit! Wow, it really is a chocolate and vanilla world.

• William Marcum on November 30, 2010 at 19:17

Haha, To be honest, I find women with more curves, and less muscle attractive. Thankfully for us there are women of all types about.. ahh choices are great.

• Martin Berkhan on November 30, 2010 at 19:42

Who the hell cares about your choice in women, William? How is that even remotely relevant to Danielle’s results? Do you feel threatened by women who are in better shape than you, perhaps?

Always the same shit, I’ve seen it before whenever some female shows up in amazing shape. Some damn cretin comes and feels the need to tell people about his taste in women.

• NomadicNeill on December 1, 2010 at 00:18

Wow Martin!

William is just giving his opinion on what he finds attractive.

Good for her to get the results SHE wanted, doesn’t mean other people can’t say whether they find it attractive or not.

• Martin Berkhan on December 1, 2010 at 01:53

Contain yourself, Neill.

I was just giving my opinion on what I thought about his interjecting opinion.

Good for him that he likes his women with more cushion, doesn’t mean other people can’t say whether they find that relevant to the discussion or not.

• NomadicNeill on December 1, 2010 at 02:03

The term “cretin” was a bit too much IMO.

• Martin Berkhan on December 1, 2010 at 02:37

Fair enough.

• Aaron Curl on December 3, 2010 at 07:42

Funny stuff. Her transformation is very impressive! A finely tuned woman like the above is flat out awesome. But “my” taste in women isn’t what it’s all about either. Good job Martin, you know your shit. And congrats to the super hot chic.

• Bonnie on December 2, 2010 at 12:02

It gets old when you can’t do anything that involves your body, as a woman, without random men chiming in and giving their opinion of whether they find it/you sexy or not.

Women don’t get into bodybuilding to become more sexy to the majority. We hear CONSTANTLY that big or cut muscles on women are ugly, masculine, disgusting.

• Aaron Curl on December 3, 2010 at 07:49

Well then, I’m here to say keep muscling up cause it’s pretty damn HOT!

• mystic on February 13, 2011 at 15:10

Of course he is threatened. That,s why he.prefers women that are fat like he is.

• Joseph on December 1, 2010 at 09:51

“Wow, it really is a chocolate and vanilla world.” Yes, it is. If my wife wanted to look like Danielle, I would support her 100%, but I honestly find her more attractive as is (untanned, with a good bit of padding compared to Danielle’s after picture). I don’t pretend that my (irrational) preference ought to determine anything for anyone, but I am not going to pretend like it isn’t there. Maybe some of us are hardwired and/or adapted to prefer different physical traits for reasons outside our consciousness. (I could bring up the Willendorf Venus statuettes, speaking in a Paleo context, but I am refraining!)

What is definitely true, regardless of anyone’s preference, is that too little muscle mass is dangerous for humans, as is too much fat mass. Women (just like men) should be encouraged to workout and adjust their body composition to the point that feels right to them, individually. Some are really thin and feel great. Some are thick (muscle and/or fat) and feel great. In my experience, the really beautiful ones always feel good (have energy, have bright eyes, move with confidence). It is an n=l endeavor. I am sorry if this perspective makes me a hopeless misogynist or a cretin.

• Sam on December 1, 2010 at 18:43

Here’s a vote for splitting the difference, not that anyone’s asking . 🙂

That said, while I find Martin’s own physique amazing (and incredible proof of his understanding of training and diet), even it is rather bizarre to my eye.

• Sam on December 4, 2010 at 07:03

Nevermind the above, her transformation is perfect. What alienated me, I realized, are the conventions of bodybuilding contest display and the oil. Without the weird tropes of contest posing, she’s utterly gorgeous:

Here’s another example from Martin’s blog. This woman looks gorgeous in real life:

but looks very weird in contest display mode:

6. Erik on November 30, 2010 at 18:13

Sometimes I wonder if I’m weird for finding abs and some muscle on a woman more attractive. Glad to know I’m not alone in here.

I mean, I love curves (don’t bother with that skeleton-skinny stuff). But I like those curves to be *functional*, y’know? Greater expression of a woman’s physical potential gains draws greater appreciation from me.

7. MountainDew on November 30, 2010 at 18:24

Yeah, the results are impressive. Like my women somewhere between the before and after. Still, she looks good!

8. Pam Maltzman on November 30, 2010 at 19:51

Well, I’d like to go to the Leangains website to read about it… but twice now, my browser hung up on it and I had to close it down… let me try again later.

I think she looks good… lean and muscular but still looks like a woman. Bet she feels a lot better being fit.

• Martin Berkhan on November 30, 2010 at 20:24

Some people report having this problem and it’s always with Internet Explorer. What browser are you using, Pam?

• VW on December 1, 2010 at 04:50

I use IE and have had big-time trouble with your site. Switched briefly over to Chrome and had no troubles.

• Martin Berkhan on December 1, 2010 at 10:27

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do about the IE issue.

• LAM on December 2, 2010 at 06:46

I’m on Firefox and I have the same problem.

• Jarrett on December 4, 2010 at 00:55

FWIW I use Firefox and visit Leangains everyday and have never had an issue.

9. josh on November 30, 2010 at 20:40

I been trying the leangains approach just for a few weeks and I’m already feeling leaner and stronger, Thanks Martin

10. Owen on November 30, 2010 at 20:57

Wow, Danielle’s an inspiration; what an incredible transformation!

11. rob on December 1, 2010 at 03:47

I’ve incorporated Martin’s methods as well with great results, been tearing up the pullups. Now when I see people doing isolation work on their biceps I just shake my head.

12. Steve Parker, M.D. on December 1, 2010 at 05:30

Anyone agree with me that the photo on the right is pretty heavily “photoshopped,” making her look unrealistically slender?

-Steve

• rob on December 1, 2010 at 05:47

Lol, there’s another shot of her on Martin’s site where she isn’t tanned/oiled, looks the same, she doesn’t need to photoshop her pics.

• pfw on December 1, 2010 at 06:30

I think the tanning/oiling done for the competition is probably what makes it look kind of weird. Competition photos of physique athletes have always struck me as “weird” looking, since you rarely see someone walking around virtually naked with a deep tan and covered in oil, flexing every muscle as hard as they can. Those same athletes look much more normal when they’re not on stage.

She looks to me like a woman with very low bodyfat, not photoshopped. Maybe martin can comment on whether she maintains that year round via IF/Leangains protocol or if that was a special competition effort.

• Sue on December 1, 2010 at 14:50

I agree about the tanning and oiling – it looks weird but I suppose that’s the way to show off definition better. Another lady called Kristine Weber looks really weird when all tanned up but a picture of her without tan looks fabulous. I’d kill for a body like that.

• mystic on February 13, 2011 at 15:16

Competition standards are completely.absurd, looking like a peice of beef jerky with raccon eyes and way too low bodyfat….not to mention the steroid problem. I miss the.days.when fitness comps and bodybuilders looked good when they competed.

13. Lauren Grosz on December 1, 2010 at 08:09

The Leangains sight has a lot a interesting information. I find it refreshing because so many lifters are into the 6 meals a day approach, which drives me crazy. My concern with Martin’s regime is that there appears to be lots of powders. I’m very skeptical of getting my nutrition via shakes. Richard just curious if you’re getting BCAA and casein in the forms he recommends.

• Richard Nikoley on December 1, 2010 at 08:56

I’ve never used casein. Some whey sometimes, but not much anymore. When I remember to do it, I take the BCAA pre-workout.

• golooraam on December 1, 2010 at 09:58

I don’t digest whey very well. but I recently end a couple meals a week with a half a can of organic coconut milk and micellar casein from Cytosport. Yesterday instead of using coconut milk, I used organic canned pumpkin from TJs and it was delicious. Filling, takes the edge off, and it has some nice fiber and nutrients. (after my lamb tartare and lard baked potatoes of course)

• Jon Cole on December 1, 2010 at 10:47

When I was in my local giant food store earlier this week I came across Almond milk. Is that an acceptable substitute for the protein/carb/ casein problem of regular dairy? I think there was only 1 gram of carbs per 8 oz. serving. I love dairy but seem to be hampered in weight loss when I consume milk. I’m looking for a better substitute and I’ve had trouble finding a local dairy farmer for the raw stuff.

• Martin Berkhan on December 1, 2010 at 10:10

I don’t know how you got that impression, as I’ve gone out of my way to to NOT recommend protein powders and shakes over whole foods.

BCAA for fasted training is my only recommendation as far as protein or amino acid supplements goes.

• golooraam on December 1, 2010 at 10:18

totally true Martin – I have been reading your site for years and you always emphasize real foods – I do enjoy your great protein pudding recipes though for an after ‘real food’ dinner dessert

• Lauren Grosz on December 1, 2010 at 10:32

Martin, I didn’t say you recommend protein powders and shakes over whole foods. It’s just that you use them to being with. I’m simply trying to learn. If you want casein why not just drink a small glass of raw full fat milk, for whey – how about making you own or getting it from a farmer? Not trying to be a bitch, I’m simply wondering. I want to begin fasted training, but I really have an aversion to synthetics. I don’t know anything about BCAA. I’ll be 45 in April and have sculpted a very nice body using IF while making sure my meals are loaded with real animal fat. Always looking to take things to the next level.

14. rob on December 1, 2010 at 11:00

I use whey protein and creatine and have gotten really good results with them. I use the whey because I want protein and I really don’t want anything other than protein. The nutritional profile for one ON Gold Standard Whey serving is

protein 24
    fat 1g
    total carbs 3g

I don’t think there are many foods with that good a profile and also mixing the powder with water is a lot more convenient than most foods.

I try to get at least 150g a day of protein, preferably more, so two servings of the whey takes care of 1/3 of my daily protein, the rest I get from eating substantial amounts of animal flesh for dinner.

I’m more results-oriented than philosophically-oriented so the fact that I’m consuming a manufactured powder means nothing to me. It produces good results, just as consuming primarily animal flesh rather than grains produces good results, so that’s what I do.

15. Paul C on December 1, 2010 at 11:34

Congrats Danielle on your achievements and for showing so dramatically what can happen in a short time when you make your hormones do what you want them to do through nutrition, fasting, and hard work.

16. Daniel on December 1, 2010 at 12:41

I love doing the leangains approach on my WO days, but on my rest days I do spread out the eating a bit more. I have sworn off any and all supplements for the most part… I used to do the immediate post-workout whey shake, but I feel much better now just waiting for the ravenous hunger to set in. The hour or so between workout and feast feels amazing… must be the growth hormone boost. I will say however that I have been doing the BCAA pre-workout and it really does give me a significant boost in performance. Another thing about the whey was I think it was causing me some acne-type issues. I need to try that protein “fluff” at some point or another though.

17. John on December 1, 2010 at 14:09

Some of the comments for this post are incredibly petty and demonstrate why it’s much safer to just show male transformations.

18. LisaW on December 1, 2010 at 15:41

She looks FN awesome. I’m a lesbian and I probably wouldn’t sleep with her either before the transformation or after – but geez, that’s the last thing on my mind – because you have to admire her tenacity and determination and her dedication to her sport / goals.

I’ve been doing LeanGains now for about 3 weeks. The transformation is amazing. Granted the first 7-9 days were tough for me, but now totally digging the fasting. I don’t weigh myself anymore – no need to, who cares what I weigh, when I can start seeing my abs reappearing. I’ve also adopted Martin’s workout strategy (as much as I can from gleaning from this web-site and his). I’ve gone from 6 chins @ BW to 6 chins @ BW + a 5k DB tucked in my pants. Can not wait to strap a 10K plate to my weights-belt 🙂 My deadlift 5RM has gone from 106K to 112.5K in 3 weeks as well. Plus doing incline situps with a 20K plate is the way I roll now 🙂

Thanks to Martin and thanks to this web-site.

Oh the best thing about fasting (or just eating 2 main meals a day) is that I get to shout myself a massive slice of chocolate cake once or maybe twice a week….or maybe 3 🙂 . AND NOT FEEL GUILTY

As i know those calories are well accounted for. And I deserve it!

• Sue on December 1, 2010 at 17:00

Yum, to the chocolate cake. The not feeling guilty is so important. Guilt has made me continue an eating spree for weeks. You know the “I’ve stuffed my diet now might aswell just continue eating junk”.

19. Matty on December 1, 2010 at 18:30

I don’t care what anyone says… for most people a transformation like that is about looks.

I lost 50+ pounds. Did I tell myself it was for my health? Yes. Did I say I’d feel better all around once I lost the weight? Yes.

Did I begin the process because I wanted to look more attractive? Absolutely.

Maybe it’s my paradigm, but it’s laughable to think that at the end of the day it doesn’t boil down to looking your best and most attractive.

And I’ve never met anyone who minds being called hot. This country needs to get over it’s obsession with misogyny. People fuck. Alot. It’s on their minds… um… always? Free the animal indeed.

• Richard Nikoley on December 1, 2010 at 18:48

Thanks, Matty.

She’s fucking hot any anyone who doesn’t think so…well…I have suspicions about their linpedness.

Ha!

It is truly funny, the recoil from a women who grabs life by the balls & squeezes.

You go, Danielle.

PS: I never ever liked virgins or inexperienced women. Let other dumbshit guys get “that job” outta the way. Then I’ll take over. Thanks.

• Victoria on December 2, 2010 at 10:05

hahaha-love it

So 42 virgins isn’t you’re idea of a reward? Shocker.

20. Joe Schultz on December 1, 2010 at 20:56

Lean and healthy is one thing, but fake tanned, and man-faced is another. This is not a natural paleo look, quite frankly if she is IF ing to get these results, she should at least drink water. Paleo is supposed to be for health, but it looks like she aged 10 years. I mean really look closely at her face in both pics, she hasn’t increased her health, only the size of her biceps and abs. I’m not impressed.

• aroumell on December 2, 2010 at 06:11

it’s part of the “sport/competition” of bodybuilding. Dehydration during the last 2 days of competition plus extra carbs pulls subcutaneous water from the skin allowing more detail. if you saw her picture less than 24 hours after the competition she will probably have lost the sallow face(she appears much healthier than many of her competitors likely would). the fake tan is because powerfull spotlights focused on stage wash out paler skin, the judges wouldn’t be able to see that she had achieved around 10% BF or any of the detail in her physique, making standing on the stage to compete a waste of time. it’s similar to why anyone who ever sits behind a camera for any kind of broadcast gets a coat of makeup whether they want it or not. competing in bodybuilding is not for most, as you can tell by the comments, but then again, neither is competing at the elite levels of any sport for that matter, because of the amount of effort it entails. if she got her ifbb pro card doing IF, its hope for others that masochistic dieting protocols aren’t required for phenonmenal results. I personally can only hope to get to the level I can compete for a pro card, but I am getting great results with IF myself, even considerable strength gains while fasting, and should I ever reach elite levels if/when I would compete, I would revel in the fact I had done it differently than the rest of them.

• Hugh Anderson on December 2, 2010 at 07:15

Nice response. Knowledge once again trounces know-nothing and tactless opinionating.

“This is not a natural paleo look” <—- stupid shit paleo enthusiasts say

• Greg on December 2, 2010 at 10:31

Aroumell –

Whats your workout schedule like? Also, do you try to eat a specific amount of calories on your workout days? I’d like to start doing IF…so as much info you feel like giving would be appreciated.

• aroumell on December 2, 2010 at 14:17

monday- back/biceps, wednesday-legs, friday-chest/triceps.

Everybody is different and recuperates differently, I’ve used other splits and change things occasionally but this is a staple. I actually enjoy training fasted because I don’t bonk halfway through a workout as fat is my main energy source. Exception is similar to Martin’s suggestion about BCAAs, but I ingest 15 g preworktout, 15 during and depending on volume of the workout, 15 g afterwards. I haven’t counted calories in a long time, I try and focus on protein, carb intake. I feel best overall under 200g carbs (mostly potatoes or lactose from milk), and recover best when I eat 300g+ protein.

Been making solid gains and losing fat quickly by alternating days with fasting. 24 hrs, dinner to dinner most days, 30-36 hrs overnight every other week. So some days I’ve eaten before training and not others. Since I have to eat a considerable amount of meat to get to 300g+ daily I also use whey protein but my body likes dairy(I live where meat is 3X more expensive than other places). I also eat copious amounts of saturated fat because of the amount of meat but it’s a good thing.

I don’t eat “paleo” but I prefer to cook 90% of what I eat and am gluten intolerant, in other words, paleo sites offer a lot of great info for people who want to live and eat healthier and if you’re smart can still be implemented while striving for your athletic best. And Richard has some great ideas for cooking and recipes.

• mystic on February 13, 2011 at 15:25

Then they need to turn the stupid lights down rather then forcing people to look like burnt toast. Look at Pumping Iron, plenty of light and no.outrageous tans. You could see their definition just fine. Plus they had the perfect amount of leanness to show off AND look good. It was called the “golden age” for a reason. Everything has been in decline ever since.

• DamnDirtyApe on December 2, 2010 at 15:11

Where did you get it in your head that she was eating Paleo?

Are you under the assumption that IF is a”Paleo” thing? It’s not.

Fitness/bodybuilding competition isn’t about health. No professional sport/activity is about health. Her goal was to lose body fat and gain muscle, which she did. IF was just a tool to get there.

I doubt she’d be impressed by you either.

• Poisonguy on December 3, 2010 at 02:31

I with you, Joe. Too much of a good thing is what I see. But kudos for the hard work and dedication–that’s first rate. And to each his/her own.

In addition to a before and after pic, it would have been interesting to see a middle-of-the-process pic.

21. Monica on December 2, 2010 at 16:40

I agree. She looks very different — and fantastic and healthy — in the picture on her website that Melissa linked above. To some of the guys above, get a clue. I am not into the bodybuilding thing, but the thing is, the bodybuilding picture is not what she looks like every day. Take a look at this picture instead and tell me this woman isn’t smoking.

Danielle, if you are reading, you are totally smoking, but no one needs to tell you that. Screw the whiners. I would love to look like you by next year!

• Poisonguy on December 3, 2010 at 02:43

Very nice pic.

22. B. Dalton on December 2, 2010 at 14:41

his country needs to get over it’s obsession with misogyny.

Um, actually thanks to feminism, there is alot more misandry going around then there is misogyny. As for super muscular women, I don’t think it is misogynist to suggest that that type of look is not in line with the beauty template for women that most men possess and is probably hard-wired by evolution.

This girl built herself a nice body by body-building standards. Is this something women really should be doing? Looking like men. I don’t know. It doesn’t do anything for me.

• Hugh Anderson on December 2, 2010 at 21:32

You don’t get it, this has nothing to do with misogyny or misandry. Simply put, a picture of a female does not grant you the right to trot out your inner 14 year old and announce to the world whether she “does anything for you.” Go surf over to “Hot or Not” and have your fill of deciding which girls “do anything for you.” Then come back here for grown-up time and leave your “woe is me the world is full of misandry” limiting beliefs at the door.

• Poisonguy on December 3, 2010 at 02:34

Someone seems insecure about his choices. Quite the teenage reaction right there.

• John on December 3, 2010 at 12:26

“As for super muscular women, I don’t think it is misogynist to suggest that that type of look is not in line with the beauty template for women”

What kind of pathetic specimen of male physique do you have to be to think that photo is presenting a “super muscular” woman?

• Monica on December 3, 2010 at 12:34

Exactly. Strip all the skin and subcutaneous fat off any person and you will see muscular definition, to a greater or lesser degree. Much less if the person is “skinny fat” or very obese, and more if the person is of normal weight and fairly healthy.

Preparing for these competitions gets rid of subcutaneous water, etc. It’s not what the person looks like all the time.

23. Skyler Tanner on December 2, 2010 at 15:12

I especially love how people can understand that a magazine cover is a whole lot of “fluff”: photoshopping, selective posing, wind-swept hair, terrible posture to accentuate physique strengths. These people then drip their brain out of their head when looking at these photos as if she’s going around every day coated in spray tan, oil, huge hair, vaseline on her teeth, standing “relaxed”, totally shaved, dehydrated…same shit different forum.

I think she did an amazing job of getting competition ready and earning her pro card. Fuck the haters and likely excuse makers for their own lack of progress.

24. Mallory on December 2, 2010 at 17:17

haha i dont understand the drama…. shes a bodybuilder…her REASON for all of this is FOR THAT BODY, it’s her job. she is good at it, she looks amazing. i dont think richard meant women should look like this but with the right discipline, and LeanGains, it is possible.

whether you think shes healthy or attractive or not is really heresay, she doesnt walk around all months of the year looking competition ready. that is damn hard work for a chick to do, i think she deserves massive ccomplishment credit

• Richard Nikoley on December 2, 2010 at 17:31

And it’s not even BB, it’s figure, a much saner deal in the first place.

25. Travis on December 2, 2010 at 17:26

Awesome transformation and some amazing discipline and hard work. Kudos to Danielle!

26. Erik on December 2, 2010 at 18:31

RE: calories, there’s no reason why IF should lead to a calorie deficit. My single “meal” each day often tops 3500 calories, consumed over the course of a few hours. Yesterday, for example, the first course was a pound and a half of beef liver plus a quarter pound of bacon and some onions (a couple tablespoons of butter and some coconut milk were involved as well). That alone was up in the 2500 calorie range. A square of 86% dark chocolate with almond butter, the rest of that stick of butter (6 tablespoons=600 more calories), some sauteed broccoli, a couple fried eggs topped with cheese, and a tablespoon of cod liver oil probably added up to over 4000 calories (more than usual, it was a workout day). Despite being a pretty small guy, I managed to fit all that food without feeling bloated or overfull. Rather, I felt pretty good about myself, and about the fact that I’ve added about 1o pounds of lean mass in the last month with an approach informed by folks like Richard and Martin, despite being a chronic hardgainer.

27. Watcher of the rye on December 3, 2010 at 22:01

For all the opinionated folk – take a look at her myspace page. Her competition look isn’t how she actually looks at all. It’s not how any body builder or figure competitor actually looks. Unfortunately many people seem to believe that people in competitions such as this are trying to look their best. Not the case at all. They are trying to exaggerate their figure as best they can because the competition motivates them to do so.

28. BigMancini on January 21, 2011 at 00:26

It’s totally amazing to me how some people can deny themselves the experience of seeing somebody truly achieve something and make a total transformation of their body.

These people really miss their opportunity to see the means to getting their own physiques better – be as it may if they don’t want to look like a figure competitor.

Maybe I should point this out further – the fact that she’s now a figure competitor is not really the point here. This is the case of not seeing the forest because the trees are in the way.

People, take control of your inner chatter and open your eyes and SEE – Danielle has made a massive transformation that is nothing sort of miraculous. And you people discard this awesome method (IF/Leangains) in your egotistic mind on the basis of not liking her looks on the competitive stage – that’s just stupid.
    Sorry, but it is.
    You might not know that you’re discarding this method for bettering your physique because you have already subconciously labeled the end result as something undesirable per your particular preferred template of aesthetics.

Now, if you’ve gotten past your ego and your subconcious labeling and opened your eyes – you might actually realize that you are presented with an opportunity to take responsibility of yourself with evidence of the capability of the method.

That’s my 2 cents worth.

And also I would like to shout out to Richard, you got a great blog going in here – just recently found it (through MDA) and have been scouring these posts like Joe Regular in a buffet after skipping one meal on a Monday.

Much love.

29. Richard Nikoley on January 21, 2011 at 11:39

Thank you much BigMancini. I really appreciate it.