Public Service Announcement: Paleo Diet Study

Real quick, to help spread the word:

I wanted to let you know about an opportunity to participate in a Paleo Diet study. Dr Cordain, author ofThe paleo Diet is researching the connection between diet and autoimmune illness. He’s looking for volunteers who have an autoimmune disease and have tried a the paleo Diet for at least two months. The study won’t be overly demanding. It’ll involve an interview, questionnaire, and medical records if you’re willing to provide them (this last part is optional.) Of course everything will be kept confidential. If you’re interested in being part of the study, contact Dr Cordain’s graduate student Trevor Connor (Trevor.Connor@colostate.edu). With your help we can show how strong the link is between disease and diet and hopefully help a lot of people live better lives.

(via Robb Wolf)

1. Nicola on November 4, 2010 at 10:51

Email sent. Thanks for spreading the word

2. anand srivastava on November 4, 2010 at 10:51

That two months limit might be a problem for my brother.
    He has Hashimoto’s, which was discovered very recently, and he has started on a Paleo diet last month.
    He did get his tests last week and the tests were normal. He will need to get the Antibody tests done, which will be done after a couple of months.

I am asking him to contact, maybe his data could be of use.

3. pfw on November 4, 2010 at 11:30

Year and a few months with Crohn’s. Email away. I forwarded this to a few other crohnsies I’ve found trying dietary approaches which fit the paleo criteria.

4. Bushrat on November 4, 2010 at 19:30

Awesome. About time a study like this was done. I will post this over at MDA so they can see it.

Richard are some of my other comments getting caught up in your spam filter?

• Richard Nikoley on November 6, 2010 at 19:08

Bushrat:

Indeed they are and I have no idea why. you are the only commenter that’s consistently happening too (there may be one other). This goes back. I’ve checked several weeks ago, and neither your handle nor IP is in my ban or even moderation list. Some days ago, maybe a week or two, some of your comments went through, now they are being held up again.

Are you using any sort of software, plugin or service to comment rather than submitting via the form on the blog? I employ hidden fields that bots will fill in, but those are just trashed, they don’t go to the spam folder. So I have NO IDEA what’s causing this.

At any rate, I approve all your comments once I see them. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget and don’t hit it for a few days at a time.

Feel free to email me if you don’t see your comment posted right away and I’ll release it. In the meantime, I’ll open a ticket with my tech guys.

• Bushrat on November 6, 2010 at 20:48

Thanks Richard, I know this happens to me on other sites too. I wonder whether my email address comes across as spammy or whether its something to do with the university computers I use.

5. Rattus on November 4, 2010 at 19:31

Hey, I’m posting this over at MDA so they can see it. About time a study was done.

Richard I think my comments are getting caught in your spam filter.

– Bushrat

6. AllanF on November 4, 2010 at 21:04

Um, selection bias?

…just sayin’

• Richard Nikoley on November 4, 2010 at 21:19

Well, we don’t know the design yet, nor whether paleo folks will be compared with others in the study not on paleo. Nor, whether respondents will be randomized for participation. And, he didn’t ask only for people who have shown improvement in their condition.

I guess well see.

• pfw on November 5, 2010 at 05:20

I was thinking the same thing, but since I have no idea where he’s going with this I didn’t pass judgment. For all we know he’s collecting case studies.