Another Shameless Hang Gliding Video

I’m back.

Well, yes, back at home and, and, for the first time in a month, not for a 2-3 day stopover…not until the next gig. No deal until The21Convention. That should be fun and I’ve been preparing. How? By getting my 20 sumthin’ on. Why? How would you get ready to talk to a room full of 20-sumthin males, interested in how to make their very best pussy play for life?

Does that make light, or is it really real? I’m not even sure, so I’ll hold ’em, for now. I want to present my 50-yr-old perspective without having had the slightest interest in checking into theirs, purposely. I’ll risk it. To my ethic, that’s the point of it.

Yesterday afternoon I had a little fun and creative spirit doing the last post with video. That was some fun and after finishing it around 4pm or so I thought I might just hang around with the family, toss back a few, and vegetate. Instead, I decided to go fly once yet again.

It’s only a minute & eighteen. Rock surprise, again. In total, the flight was about 40 minutes and I’m glad that after almost passing it up due the preparation and tear down that takes 1 hour for a 30-40 minute flight in this case, that I just went & did it anyway.

I’ve enjoyed putting a couple of these videos together. It’s rather interesting to pick a music selection you like, plop it in, adjust just right…only to play back and think WOW, am I really that cool?

And that’s why I stopped long before I got to that point. 🙂

1. Bay Area Sparky on July 11, 2011 at 21:51

Way to stick the landing.

• Richard Nikoley on July 11, 2011 at 22:18

Optical illusionm, sucker! 🙂

2. Chris on July 12, 2011 at 18:55

Incredibly awesome and I can only imagine how liberating. Thanks for the links but I checked in my area and the closest instructors are in Chicago. I will keep my ey eout though.

3. rob on July 12, 2011 at 06:35

What I would tell the youngsters is that when you are 50 pretty much every woman in the universe is going to look good to you so don’t be so picky.

• CG on July 12, 2011 at 06:43

Oh Rob,
      If that were only so true; at least when you’re sober.

4. Primal Toad on July 12, 2011 at 06:59

Richard… you are starting to piss me off!

You are having too much fun my friend! 😉

Where did you get the idea to start hang gliding? I’ve never done it before and would have rather died then attempt just a few years ago. I want to get into it. I’ll say next year I want to attempt hang gliding.

Any advice for a first time newbie who has more curiosity then Curious George himself?

Keep having fun. You most definitely deserve it. Excited to start reading more bull shit posts though.

• Richard Nikoley on July 12, 2011 at 12:26

PT:

Well, I knew about HG from a young age, having seen it as a kid off Peavine Mountain right where we lived. This was in the 70s when the sport was new and there were tons of people getting involved. Many pioneered with their lives. While there are still deaths, it’s no commonplace and in terms of people hours, less death than skiing, for example.

It was about ’96 or so that I thought about it seriously, looked in the YP and turns out there was a local shop, and the was the beginning of the story.

5. Tony T. on July 12, 2011 at 10:49

Good riddance man. Your posts are a mockery and you have slowly eroded your position as one of the best paleo bloggers. I am dropping you from the blogroll and have indicated that others do the same. You have not catered to your audience, and you proudly said “Fuck them” if they don’t like your stuff. Well, guess what? You did have a responsibility to tell us if you were going to segue into crude posts about pussy that have nothing to do with paleo living and everything to do with your looming mid-life crisis. All crass, no class. Goodbye.

• Richard Nikoley on July 12, 2011 at 10:54

That’s the spirit, Tony.

Been Jonesing for a comment like that for a while. It’s part of the evil plan. 🙂

• Richard Nikoley on July 12, 2011 at 11:39

Oh, and Tony. If ever you get tired of having your biases boringly confirmed, over and over and over, chances are I’ll still be here, making my usual mockery.

Been here doing that, on & off, since 2003. I see no need to stop now.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2011 at 16:02

And Ya, Tony T.

Since my posts are such a mockery, I thought I’d go ahead and mock you, in a post all its own. Top’O th’blog, right now.

Aren’t you special?

Commenters aren’t really taking a liking to you though, I must warn. The latest suggestion is that you need to head to your local pharmacy instanter, for a tube of Vagisil.

Love laughing at your total expense, BTW.

Oh, and go fuck off.

6. Beth on July 12, 2011 at 12:46

By all accounts the dog seems safe in this video.

7. Beth on July 12, 2011 at 12:48

Though obviously ‘I’ the viewer can’t see what’s going on apart from what can be seen in the frame of the camera person.

8. Beth on July 12, 2011 at 12:51

It might be interesting actually to film the dog alone in one of your hand-gliding expeditions, the title could be ‘Nicoley and hand-glider, in the eye of the dog’.

9. Mark on July 13, 2011 at 19:31

Looked like a high flare and near stall at about 20 ft up. Enjoy but be careful out there, don’t want a favorite blogger pack it in.

• Richard Nikoley on July 13, 2011 at 19:35

Mark, I think you are talking about yesterday’s video which was definitely an airspeed to altitude conversion with near stalll. I’ve been flying a low performance wing for a while where you can get away with that. Well, I got away with it this time too, not as gracefully.

10. […] with her own blog, sporting a cute profile pic of herself, rings in; comment on my last macho hang gliding post, complete with Led Zep "Whole Lotta Love" music and women (that's plural) "you need […]

11. Tracy on July 21, 2011 at 04:21

Gawd, that looks like fun. Always wanted to do this… well, ever since I flew an ultra light and thought ‘amazing… but if we could just get all of this plane out of the way…”

Is it hard on the arms?

@TonyT – gasp, clutch your pearls, and run the fuck on outta here Granny.

• Richard Nikoley on July 21, 2011 at 09:52

Not hard on the arms typically, unless you’re in big air.

12. […] RSS ← Another Shameless Hang Gliding Video Hang Gliding is So Macho: Chicks Need Not Apply; Don’t Even Try […]