Countdown to The 21 Convention 2011, Orlando, Florida

Next Friday morning I’ll be hitting the road; first driving up to San Francisco Airport, then getting groped & fondled by TSA perverts, onto being herded like cattle and packed in like sardines, and finally to arrive in Orlando and this year’s 21 Convention where I’ll be speaking Saturday afternoon.

Here’s the schedule. I’ll draw to your attention that my longtime Paleoish blogging buddies Skyler Tanner and Keith Norris will be bringing the high intensity exercise end of the whole Paleo equation. Here’s the one minute event trailer which is pretty cool.

I’m still working up my presentation, which is billed as: Getting the Most Out of Your 20s and Avoiding All The Mistakes. It’s going to be styled after this presentation last year by Tim the Right Hand Man, The Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your 20s. His is mostly about mistakes to avoid in the context of relationships with women, but also incorporates things like money, credit, education; and mine will be a paleo version that’s primarily about Real Food — but will also incorporate attitudes and philosophy from a Human Animal perspective. The highly religious and those breathless about the next opportunity to vote the next set of parasites and whores into public office will be offended. I promise.

I’ll be heading back Sunday evening.

1. Chris Tamme on July 19, 2011 at 05:58

Looking forward to your presentation. I just threw some thoughts on paper about always being the fat kid and hating it. I accepted it and through my 20’s and early 30’s remained miserable because of it. Lots of things I know I would change in my 20’s if only I knew them then.

2. Skyler Tanner on July 18, 2011 at 16:53

Hey Richard thanks for the shout. Too bad we won’t cross paths until the AHS, but I’m sure we will make up for it with booze-powered celebration. 😉

• Richard Nikoley on July 18, 2011 at 17:22

You can count on it. Bring your drinking cap because I don’t even feel the slightest buzz before drink 4-5.

• Skyler Tanner on July 19, 2011 at 04:28

I’m generally a light drinker at home but for whatever reason drinking out tends to hit harder for a similar number of drinks. We’ll be on our on “paleo” island, ostracized but having more fun. 😉

3. green on July 18, 2011 at 19:26

the trailer really has me interested. I’m in my mid twenties and have been reading your blog for the past year…it’s been great and while I share neither your perspective on religion nor the perspective against which it is defined, I’ve extracted a ton of incredible info here and it’s definitely had a huge effect on how I conceive of and realize manhood and how I live day-to-day. Are there going to be media available for those of us not in Orlando? Thanks.

• Richard Nikoley on July 18, 2011 at 20:03

Hey Green.

All I’d ask you to do is examine who you believe what you do, think what you do.

Who taught you there was a big daddy in the sky, and why? To whose advantage did that accrue? What if you’d been taught that you’re on you own, man, and how might that have made a difference in you life.

So, I can easily care about you but I don’t give one flying fuck about your infant/childhood imdoctrination and my only real purpose in such scheme is only to get you to understand it for what it is.

There will likely be videos and DVDs of speeches at some point going forward.

4. green on July 18, 2011 at 21:26

I accept the practice of examining the contents of one’s mind, what one holds dear, what frightens. I engage in this every moment of the day. Nobody really taught me there was a big daddy in the sky, so I guess the advantage was mine for not getting stuck in that concept. I think I am on my own but not in the sense that I am not responsible for my actions and must bear their consequences whatever they may be. I don’t respect any ethic that comes from the mind of an other (in theory), but in practice, well, I have to hold down a day job at the moment…(slavery)

It’s interesting to think about how else one could have grown up; that sort of contemplation has led me to important insights numerous times.

I agree, I don’t really give a shit about your up-bringing either, I’m just interested to hear what you and those other dudes have to say about living life.

Here’s one question for you from one animal to another…could you recommend a good pâté? and do you think it’s as good as liver, nutrient-wise?

5. Richard Nikoley on July 18, 2011 at 21:46

Ha. Could not have dreamed of a better response, Green.

Pate? You’re not going to like this, but go live in France as I did for two years. Pate & Cheese and Charcuterie out your ears. 🙂

6. green on July 18, 2011 at 21:53

Hah! I actually studied in France for a year…the French figured it out a long time ago and they’re just doin’ it…

7. Mimi (Gingersnaps) on July 19, 2011 at 17:28

Have fun on your trip! … and yes for a split second I saw Norris and thought “CHUCK?!”

I love the topic of your presentation. I just turned 21 and the end of my college years is starting to weigh on me. If you post a recap, I look forward to your snarky and sagely advice.

And thanks for the shout-out! Those hang gliding videos were super cool.

8. […] posts about the 21 event here and here. […]