Not Quite The Human Zoo

I realize not everyone has a chance to run their life this way, but hopefully you can take a bit of inspiration from it and get someplace like it some day.

So this is my new office. I work just about every day right here for a few hours. Fast Wifi, and there’s none of the work I do that can’t get done (Skype, VOiP soft phone, cell phone). And I can go for a dip or bathe in the sun any time I want.

photo 1
Slaving Away

I posted this before, but this is where I have been writing almost all of my blog posts as well as my other writing projects.

Stand Up
Stand Up

Well, back the the grind…

1. Chris on July 28, 2011 at 13:15

You conveniently forgot to mention the Hot Chicks again. Let me guess – trying to improve your testosterone levels for the sake of an experiment and to report back to your readers? 😉

2. Lyle on July 28, 2011 at 14:10

Damn, how do you read that screen? Even with a little shade, I find glossy screens to be a nightmare to work with outside. I can’t wait for pixel qi transflective screens to be a real option on laptops.

• Richard Nikoley on July 28, 2011 at 14:40

It just doesn’t show up well on the pic but at the highest setting of brightness or one or two clicks less, it’s quite fine. Tradeoff is I can get only 5-6 hours on a single battery charge and not 8-9. I adore my MBA (I replaced an MBP with it and could not be happier). Best, fastest machine I have ever owned. Intense video is the only thong that will bog it down a bit.

• Paul on July 28, 2011 at 15:34

I’ve a non-glossy MBP 08. It works perfect outside, even under the sun.
      But Richard, isn’t it too hot in california for a Macbook? I live in central Europe, quite cold right now, but still my MBP gets super hot. That’s why i had to repair it 2 times.

• Richard Nikoley on July 28, 2011 at 15:51

Paul, I keep it in the shade and the only time the fan comes on is if it’s 85F or more outside, or video. No probs.

Do you have the unibody aluminum? You realize that the entire chassis is a heat sink?

• Paul on July 29, 2011 at 04:07

yep, the new models are probably better in terms of cooling

3. gharkness on July 28, 2011 at 15:44

Hee hee….rubbing our noses in it, huh? (after the previous “rich man” comments”)

You are living my goal! Except mine will be looking at the water off the back of a cruise ship!

• Richard Nikoley on July 28, 2011 at 16:41

Internet sucks on cruise ships, so you’ll either need to be really rick so it doesn’t matter, or filthy rich enough for your own yacht. Either way, I’ll cheer.

4. Shanta on July 28, 2011 at 23:40

Uncle Marty better not come to Europe where the very young children frolic and play on the beach in the nude and most of the young girls are topless, all whilst photos are being snapped.

And I hope he never ‘protects’ my children with such laser sharp vision. What a creepy bastard.

5. Richard Nikoley on July 29, 2011 at 11:37

You’ll notice I deleted all of the threads surrounding that outrageous nonsense of there being kids in the picture. Two reasons:

1. I didn’t like seeing my friend Amy Alkon caught up in it on my account (she was outrageously smeared as well).

2. Apparently the proprietor of the other blog the guy is posting to is letting them stand even though totally irrelevant to the post, and I prefer not to call attention to that blog or have links to it.

Onward.

6. Organism as a Whole on July 30, 2011 at 10:44

This past Tuesday in Pocatello, Idaho, some parents saw an old man taking pictures of children in a public park. They approached him, yelled at him to stop, and immediately called the police. When officers arrived, they discovered the man had been taking pictures of his grandson, whom he had brought to the park to play. An updated media report — that’s right; a local television station ran a story about a suspicious man before anything had been confirmed or investigated — eventually declared that police [were] no longer worried about the man, and he is not suspicious. Which is doubtless a relief to grandfathers, aged uncles, and prematurely gray-haired men everywhere.

7. Primal Toad on July 31, 2011 at 05:17

I am currently working in Mackinaw City. I can take a dip in the pool anytime I want. I have a 1-2 mile walk (or drive) to Lake Michigan. I can drive over the Mackinaw bridge which amazes me everytime.

I can take a ferry for $19 to Mackinaw Island which I will be doing on Monday or Tuesday.

Right now I am sitting in the breakfast room watching everyone fill up on shitty grain food… oh boy.