Real Results Video Interview – Paleo Parents – Over 200 Pounds Lost, Part 1

This is part 1 of a two part interview that covers the wild transformation of a family of five over the last year and a half since they went Paleo.

Paleo Parents
Paleo Parents

I sat down with Stacy and Matthew last week over Skype to talk about their transformation both in terms of fat loss and other health improvements, such as depression, attention deficit disorder and behavioral issues with their two older boys. This first part covers how it went for Stacy and Matthew over the 15 months since Stacy stumbled on paleo while researching intolerance to dairy.

Rather than quote from their story, you can read all about it here on their Paleo Parents blog. And here are their posts on their individual transformation: Stacy, Matthew. I think you’ll agree that it took quite a bit of courage for Stacy to put herself out there like that. It’s a credit to her commitment to help other parents and their families.

So now watch and listen to their description of their journey, including a number of other before and after pictures.

Part 2 will be about the amazing improvements in the body compositions and behavior or their two older boys, Cole and Finian, and how different the infancy of Wesley was as compared to the others, since he’s been “paleo” since birth.

Here’s the link to Part 2.

1. Sarah Madden on September 6, 2011 at 09:13

Oh wow! Bravo to this whole family. Stacey in particular has a wonderful glow that seems to be characteristic of paleo dieters.

A-maz-ing.

• Stacy on September 6, 2011 at 09:28

Sarah, thank you so much. I certain feel an inner glow – amazing what eating FOOD can do!

2. Peggy The Primal Parent on September 6, 2011 at 09:15

Awesome!!!

• Stacy on September 6, 2011 at 09:38

Thanks!

3. Patty on September 6, 2011 at 09:18

The changes in both of your faces is incredible!

• Stacy on September 6, 2011 at 09:30

I particularly love that Richard spliced tired sitting Matt with buff lifting kids over his head Matt. That’s exactly how I feel our life has transformed!

4. Monica Hughes on September 6, 2011 at 09:49

Didn’t watch the video, but WOW. Awesome.

5. Misty on September 6, 2011 at 11:47

I love hearing stories like theirs! I have a history of ADHD myself and lost a tick when I discontinued gluten. I wish all parents would realize they have more control over their childs behavior with simple food changes. My childhood could have been much different without gluten, margarines and colorful breakfast cereal.

We’re so quick as a society to medicate and never do we put the pieces together that it might be the food.

I now advise parents that when that report card comes home if you haven’t looked at the raw materials put into that little body, the report card is no more the child’s fault, rather the parents.

• Stacy on September 6, 2011 at 15:32

Misty, we go into more detail on that in our 2nd video – but we essentially changed our children’s future by implementing nutritional changes and removing processed foods from their diets. They are – behaviorally – not the same children anymore, and we’re looking forward to seeing that being showcased on Thursday so that more parents can understand how all the chemicals, refined sugars and overly processed ingredients are causing little bodies to go haywire.

6. chuck on September 6, 2011 at 14:15

simply a great story

7. Dana on September 7, 2011 at 11:40

Very inspiring story. When a family can make the change together clearly it bonds you even further. Congrats to both of you! Can’t wait to see part 2!

• Stacy on September 7, 2011 at 14:26

Dana, I think that’s exactly right. Matt and I will be renewing our vows on our 10 year anniversary in January and are definitely more happy and bonded than we’ve ever been before!

8. Seth G on September 8, 2011 at 04:51

“You are not lean or ripped but now in the normal range of a human being”

Wow, quite the charmer.

• Sue on September 8, 2011 at 17:53

That’s the point – you don’t need to be lean and ripped to reap the health rewards of paleo. Stacy was morbidly obese now in a healthy ‘normal’ weight range.
      Great job Stacy and Matt.

9. Stacy on September 9, 2011 at 06:24

Seth,

Honestly it ended up being much more “gentle” than I anticipated from Richard 😉 I hope we all understood it as Sue is saying. Paleo doesn’t have to be just for elite cross-fitters, which is what I think most of the bloggers might appear to be from the public’s eye (even though quite a few have had their own drastic transformations). It changed a morbidly obese woman who wasn’t able to enjoy or even really live life into an engaged and happy parent – which I think we can all relate to.

10. Sensa on September 13, 2011 at 15:18

Wow! what a dramatic change! Matthew looks even skinny! There are tons of diets, cookbooks, pills etc.. Why did you guys choose Paleo??

• Stacy on September 14, 2011 at 18:37

Paleo just made so much sense to us logically, we’re science oriented people and the idea of applying nutrition as science just clicked!

11. How We Blog | Paleo Parents on April 11, 2012 at 08:43

[…] our 2 part video interview with Richard at Free the Animal was a big catapult into a larger audience. Getting our 200 pound lost post and How to Keep Your […]

12. Phil on April 23, 2012 at 15:08

Wow! Your kids are super lucky to get to start their life with an educated and healthy take on food. I’m 6″5 and I weight about 400 pounds. I just started the paleo diet and I’m super committed. So far I haven’t had the crazy cravings that I usually get with other diets. Can’t wait to see where this lifestyle change takes me.

13. […] with not only themselves, but their kids, I decided to do a 2-part interview series. You can see part 1 here, and part 2 here, including my silly commentary on the whole […]