30-Day Clean Paleo Challenge Update 1

The biggest surprise about my post last Saturday announcing my latest insanity was how many people signed up to go insane right along with me. I’ve lost count, but there must be close to a couple dozen from the comments. I suppose the only valid conclusion one can draw is that this won’t hurt very much, will likely help in many ways, and it could be fun.

Ill advised, but I spent the weekend being decidedly not paleo, not even a little bit. I went through nearly an entire large pizza (including cold leftovers for breakfast on Sunday) and oh, yea: I drank pretty much like a fish. Saturday afternoon we got a call from some vegetarian friends, who are also French Canadians, wanting us over for a meatless dinner. It worked out OK. The meal was generally very good, if not what I’m used to, and I’m always a good guest anyway. I never turn my nose up at anything. Vegetarians and vegans serve a good role in creative ways to do various plant foods. …And the mushrooms were super awesome. Mushrooms really out to be in the meat category, when done right.

Sunday was pretty much boozing from the start of football at 10 am, through to the 1pm games and on to Sunday Night football. Go 49ers!

In the evening, I “ovened” a whole box of beaded calamari from Costco. Made a dipping sauce with full fat Greek yogurt combined with a very spicy tomato catsup.

…Earlier, during the afternoon, I got wind that my young 20-sumthin’ next door neighbor was doing some gun maintenance and so I took most of mine over and we had a firearms show & tell.

Guns
Guns (what the MSM would call: “an arsenal”)

As an aside, I think that the “gun control” — which means quite a different thing to me — debate is rather like the gay marriage debate in the US: people simply fear what they don’t know and have no experience with. I grew up with guns all over the place, including loaded guns on my grandparents’ bedside tables (that holstered .38 snub-nose revolver was one). Beatrice and I have a large number of gay & lesbian friends. So shit, a huge portion of the antagonism in America is simply inapplicable to us, because we have no fear of either.

Personally, I want to see more competent people armed around and about in various places because, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away. [/digression]

So it was along about the evening on Sunday when I had to make preparations to begin. Not too seriously though, as this is all in good fun and should be held to that principle always. So I did nothing, really. But at the same time, I considered what real changes I’d make. Well, one is that I would endeavor to actually eat a morning breakfast on non-fasting days, just to see how it would go. Monday morning was a small coconut milk smoothie with an egg yolk and a small bit of frozen berries. That was next to a 4-egg plain omelet cooked in ghee and herbed with dill. No coffee. Just water.

I had lunch, too.

Lunch
Lunch

Crock pot pot roast with onion and fennel bulb; and a small sweet potato. Again, that’s green tea on the side (not scotch).

All in all, it was an easy day. In the afternoon I nibbled on a few of the thumb sized carrots, then went shopping for additional supplies to cover most of the week. I did end up getting some raw pecans and raw hazelnuts for salads & stuff. For dinner, I cooked up some mini grassfed beef burgers with onion and then did a coconut milk massaman curry for added pleasure.

Dinner
Dinner

I left all the beef fat in this time, as you can see. Without using a starchy thickening agent, it is what it is. It was accompanied by another sweet potato, a big one, and I only ate about 2/3 of it.

Potato
Potato

These sweet potatoes are really growing on me. For lunch, I just nuked it. For dinner, I did them in the oven at 400 for about an hour.

So there we go. We’re off & running. Those who are participating, what did you do?

Update Number 2

1. Ricky H. on November 8, 2011 at 11:17

Richard,

I’m off to a nice start too. I went a bit crazy over the weekend by cleaning out a bit of Halloween candy my 8 year-old didn’t hide well enough. Then, I had one last 20 ounce Coca-Cola during the Sunday night game. It is always amazing how after just a day of paleo, I feel so much better. Last night I slept great and feel decidedly lighter. Looking forward to seeing 30 straight days effects. Thanks for getting this going and giving me the jump start I needed.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 11:31

Oh, thanks for reminding me, Rick. We saw a movie on Saturday afternoon and I had a child size buttered popcorn and a bof of Butterfinger candy. Weird with the candy. I thought I would enjoy it more than I did since I haven’t had any in so long, and the first couple or three were delightful, but then after that, just a bit heavy and laborious,

2. scott on November 8, 2011 at 11:19

Don’t forget the starting pic.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 11:33

I didn’t take one. I have quite a few that I’ve taken weeks previous that are exactly the same. But I might take one anyway, starting weight is 185.

3. Jeanie on November 8, 2011 at 11:22

Looks great! Could you please share your coconut milk smoothie recipe? Is it simply coconut milk and an egg yolk? Also, did you put anything on your sweet potatoes?
    Not fond of curry, so what else would you do with the beef patties?
    This is fun to watch. Interested in seeing what the others are doing, too. Thanks, Richard!!

• Harvey Morrell on November 8, 2011 at 11:46

@Jeanie,
      From Richard’s Liquid Fat Bomb Smoothie Post (https://freetheanimal.com/2011/08/liquid-fat-bomb-smoothie-the-ultimate-energy-drink-that-will-blow-your-mind.html):

1 cup full fat coconut milk (I like Native Forrest)
      1/4 cup water
      2 raw egg yolks (don’t eat whites raw; cook them to destroy avidin, an anti nutrient)
      1 scoop whey protein (I use vanilla Primal Fuel)
      2/3 cup frozen berries (I like the medleys)
      Blend it and consume. I save the whites, scramble them in a pat of butter and add a bit of grated parmesan for flavor, no salt.

• Jeanie on November 8, 2011 at 11:50

Thanks, Harvey. I had seen this post before, but was just wondering if it was a smaller version, say without the protein powder. Love those fat bombs!

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 11:49

Jeanie:

The smoothie recipe is here, only without the protein powder and it was a small version.

When you say “not fond of curry,” do you realize there are hundreds of different kinds, and “dose makes the poison?” I can put curry in a dish and you would never know it, but you might ask ” what’s that?” Or, I could make it powerful and hot.

Curry of various sorts, both powered and paste are to my mind the most wondrous and powerful things in cooking because I can make thousands of variations. Red curries, yellow, green, massaman, various Indian curries and so on, endlessly.

Just by varying the dose you can come up with completely different dishes.

But if not, just grill or broil ’em. You can never go wrong with that, but I would advise a few things:

1) make sure your ground beef is at room temp. Set it out HOURS in advance.

2) Go as hot as you can.

3) Only a few minutes per side. If you’ve taken care of #1, then you should get a nice pink in the middle.

• Jeanie on November 9, 2011 at 16:20

Thanks a bunch, Richard. Bought some massaman today and we’re going to try it with chicken.

• Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2011 at 16:36

Just so you know, here’s my marching ways:

Massaman/Red/Panang: Beef & Lamb
      Yellow: Chicken & Pork
      Green: Fish & Shellfish

4. Jake on November 8, 2011 at 11:26

1st day? Rather boring…no energy. Reminds me of the first time I went paleo. I’m cutting out a lot of processed gluten free products though, so I deserve it. Lack of sugar = 10 day adaptation process (n=1).

Did the sweet potato thing too. Bit of coconut oil brushed on it, sprinkled with sea salt, and put on a foil lined pan at 400 for an hour. Best sweet potato I’ve had!

Actually, it’s funny. I just realized that we both ate curry for dinner. Good stuff. And when the cravings hit? Just about the only thing I want…

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 11:59

Jake: I used ghee on mine, but I’ll be using coconut oil soon enough.

5. slesca on November 8, 2011 at 11:28

I’m joining and did the exact same thing this weekend- some pizza, some wine, some halloween candy. Perfect to get it out of my system before this week. Yesterday was easy as I was occupied with work for about 12 straight hours. Hard boiled eggs, Quick lunch of canned tuna with homemade olive oil mayo. Dinner of 1 1/2 grassfed hamburgers w/ avocado; steamed veggies. Boring but satisfying. Oh, and a few banana chips (really, just 3!) that were cooked in coconut oil. Today: tuna, eggs, beef jerky. Just ignoring the pie in the break room.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 11:52

slesca:

i’ve seriously been considering whipping up a big batch of mayo. Tuna is so easy on something like this, and having the option of mayo really helps.

Did you do raw banana in coconut oil? Now there’s an idea. I have no prob with bananas, in reasonable quantity. I might do a whole one, sliced.

• slesca on November 9, 2011 at 07:09

I’ve never done it but am picturing some sort of paleo bananas foster… clearly, a great idea! You should definitely make some mayo. I like to use it liberally when I make it, because, hey, you don’t want it to go bad first!

• Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2011 at 07:18

Something I’ve wondered about but have yet to try is to use the basic ingredients of mayo, but without making mayo, in some dish that you would use mayo in.

For example, deviled eggs. Instead of mixing mayo with the hard or medium boiled yolks, how about just toss in one raw yolk, some lemon juice, a bit of mustard, and then oil until you get the consistency you want. Could potentially work with tuna or chicken salad as well, which are about the only things I need mayo for, anymore.

6. Sean on November 8, 2011 at 11:49

Sweet potatoes are pretty awesome prepared any way. My goto method for preparing them lately, peel and run them through the V-slicer to make french fries (raw sweet potatoes are tougher than white potatoes so you have to sort of slam them through not to get stuck), then dice the fries into squares. Throw in pan of lard or whatever healthy oil, they only need about five minutes, then turn off the heat, tilt the pan and move the potatoes to the top, drop an egg on them, letting the residual heat cook it and scramble with the potato. Scoop out, add some grey salt and eat–total time around eight minutes. I usually add some Sriracha chilli sauce but that’s not strict Paleo. Diced up leftover meat can be added as well, sweet potato hash.

7. rob on November 8, 2011 at 12:20

Yesterday I had grass fed ground beef that Publix has started carrying, dinner today is going to be 1 1/3 pounds of sirloin steak and steamed broccoli.

I feel like something the cat dragged in, ate, and then puked out. Plenty of energy on day one, exhausted on day two. Got a short run in this morning and 50 minutes of back work at the gym but I skipped doing pullups/chinups, just didn’t have the energy.

Going to take a few days to adjust to not having my big serving of rice with dinner.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 12:21

I’ve never had a 50 minute workout in anything, at least since reading Art 4 years ago. 20-30 minutes max, and only 1-2 times per week.

But make it count.

• rob on November 8, 2011 at 13:38

Yeah I’ve read a lot about high intensity training. I’m sure it works great but my problem is the only time I am totally content and at peace with life, the universe and everything is when I’m at the gym … to me it is nirvana … there is literally nothing that I would rather be doing … so when a person suggests that I cut down on my gym time I’m like “Dude, you’re trying to take away my nirvana …”

When I was younger I got the same effect from endurance sports but for some reason now weight lifting is easy and endurance stuff is hard.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 14:43

Rob, I do more high volume. Lift like I mean it for reals, and get the fuck out.

I hate those peopoples, so maybe that’s it.

• rob on November 9, 2011 at 05:14

I had the problem of not liking the people at the gym, lots of middle aged and older guys who were there to ease their loneliness and pester the women … switched to a gym that is full of young people who take training seriously, and I love it, nobody ever talks to me. Nothing worse than someone trying to converse with you at the gym.

• Kamal on November 8, 2011 at 15:37

Understand that, Rob. Often my gym time is like meditation to me. But 50 minutes on back, wow, you’re not doing yourself favors, especially if you’re Paleo. I quit long workouts after reading Art as well and am in better shape to show for it.

Instead, look at it this way – quality of time vs. quantity of time. Make the shorter nirvana time count. You’ll even appreciate it more.

• rob on November 9, 2011 at 04:59

I don’t see the point of limiting my favorite thing to do. Yesterday was actually an abbreviated workout, I usually do over an hour, 45 sets.

If your favorite thing to do was knitting and somebody told you “You should spend less time knitting, it’ll make you a better knitter,” would that make sense to you?

• Summer on November 8, 2011 at 18:43

New guy at gym has been going to 2 crossfit classes a day, like it was normal and good, saying he’s been getting good results and some guys will go 4 times a day… what an idiot, you’re really going to go for a 1 rm deadlift twice in the same day? I tried to say no one recommends that and you need rest, but he is just so new and cocky…

• Sean on November 8, 2011 at 14:13

Rob, if you are tapping out, surely you can add some more carbs? Sweet potatoes or whatever.

• rob on November 8, 2011 at 14:39

I will at least a couple of days a week but the thing is over three years ago when I first started this and realized there was an alternative to falling apart and dying (I couldn’t walk a half mile at the time, words cannot describe the condition I was in), I set a goal of being in the best shape of my life when I turned 50, and I have less than 11 months to go, so I’m pulling out all the stops. It’s a totally ludicrous goal and I know I won’t achieve it but what the hell … to me every day that I can even try is a gift.

• Sean on November 8, 2011 at 15:05

The goal doesn’t strike me as ludicrous at all, but aren’t healthy carbs sort of orthogonal if one is exercising a lot? No, not orthogonal but helpful or necesary?

• rob on November 9, 2011 at 05:02

I tried healthy carbs and what I found was that it creates a circular equation, I was eating so I could train harder and training harder so I could burn off what I had eaten.

I’m planning to eat a substantial amount of starch two or three days out of the week, that should be enough.

• Dan Linehan on November 8, 2011 at 16:47

Safe starches for the win. Do those count as squeaky clean paleo though?

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 21:33

Absolutely. Sweet potatoes are 100% pure.

Don’t let the low carb zealots tell you anything different.

8. Tricia on November 8, 2011 at 12:24

Changed your mind about the nuts? I’ve been meaning to do this for months, but keep putting it off . . . start telling me how super great and awesome you feel and how that last little bit of fat melted away without any extra effort . . . maybe that will get me motivated! Hope to hear lots of good things! (or do I??)

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 12:47

Yea, changed my mind about the nuts. but only as a light sprinkle on salads and one other app I’ll get to in the course of things.

• Primal Toad on November 8, 2011 at 17:48

Nice. I tell people to use nuts and seed as condiments. I have not been doing that with almonds this week but most of the time I do follow this advice of my own!

9. BabyGirl on November 8, 2011 at 13:11

Be careful about going cold turkey on the booze. Don’t want you going all Amy Winehouse on us.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 13:28

Seriously, BabyGirl? Did she die of the DTs? I go off booze regularly, from time to time. Cleansing?

Do you have any idea?

10. Ron on November 8, 2011 at 13:37

Breakfast – bacon & egg(3) scramble w/ onions & bell peppers (cooked in pastured butter). Morning smoothie with 3 tbsp ground flaxseed, banana, strawberries & 4 tbsps coconut oil.

Lunch – Didn’t have any… wasn’t hungry

Snack – Handful of macadamia nuts

Dinner – Leftover beef stew w/ potatoes & carrots (a decent amount!)

Evening snack – 2 coconut oil balls

Exercise – 10 120-yd. uphill sprints (barefoot), numerous handstands/handstand pushups

• Primal Toad on November 8, 2011 at 17:53

2 coconut oil balls? Explain please…

• Ron on November 8, 2011 at 18:12

Toad, see the comments in Richard’s 1st post… I posted the recipe. 1 or 2 is all I need to ward off any post-dinner cravings.

11. Glenn on November 8, 2011 at 13:40

Like others, went a little crazy over the weekend, but not way over the top (rye toast and home-fries with the Sunday omelet; some popcorn; some sushi and edamame; mac nuts; cheese and nut-thin crackers; didn’t hold back on Manhattans Saturday or gin martinis on Sunday…). Kitchen is left pretty cleaned up other than a little leftover red wine that is going to have to get dumped.

Doing great these first couple of days, and am feeling optimistic about the whole month. Really needing this, so thanks for the kick in the butt — been really really off message the past year and have put on way way too much weight. There is no way this isn’t going to help with a decent reset!

12. Rip on November 8, 2011 at 14:16

If I had to go vegetarian, mushrooms would be what i would replace meat with. Especially when fried in butter with some garlic.

13. EMF on November 8, 2011 at 14:17

I made a crock pot pot roast this weekend. Awesome. Seared a 2 lb chuck roast and a beef shank (with marrow) in a cast iron pan with bacon grease. Plopped the shank in the crock first and set the roast on top of that. Then added beef broth (canned), sliced onions, garlic, couple splashes of red wine vinegar, and thyme. Cooked low and slow for 8 hours. Nothing beats low and slow cooked fatty meat.

What is your crock pot pot roast recipe?

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 14:46

Emf’ just try plain red wine next time.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 14:49

My recipe varies, generally just the roast with some onions and if I have on board, a fennel bulb or two. But that’s brainless, what’s important is what you do when done, which again, varies,

14. LXV on November 8, 2011 at 14:26

Went to the Ohana restaraunt at Disney’s Polynesian resort and made a right pig of myself. Fortunately most of the pigging out was on grilled shrimp and chicken wings. But the rest was on fresh-baked bread and a truly epic bread pudding. Then a whole 2 liter of Mtn Dew on D&D day.

Between the effects of canola oil on my stomach, soda on my nerves, and wheat on everything else I was more than ready to clean up my act today.

15. Gene on November 8, 2011 at 15:41

Are those yams or sweet potatoes? I thought sweet potatoes are redish color?

16. Grouchos_tash on November 8, 2011 at 15:58

Breakfast – 3 Duck eggs scrambled with chopped apricot and pecans

Lunch – Pork Chilli with crispy bacon to ‘garnish’!

Snack – two pecan ‘nakd’ bars (just cold-pressed fruit and nuts)

Dinner – Steak and salad with galic butter dressing

Snack – Black coffee and half a small bar of 70% chocolate

Dinner 2 – two mackerel fillets

🙂

17. Mike Gruber on November 8, 2011 at 16:21

What?!? No AR-15 clone? Not sure if that qualifies as an “arsenal” or even a “cache” without the requisite scary black gun. And no 1911 either. Shame. 😉

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 21:30

I do want a 1911. But I love my Sig 40 S&W

18. Dan Linehan on November 8, 2011 at 16:46

Nice guns.

I’ve been thinking about getting a glock as a starting pistol. Everyone seems to love their reliability.

• Josh S on November 9, 2011 at 10:24

Glocks work! Ugly as sin but they are tanks. My carry guns alternate between a Glock 17 and Glock 19. 🙂

• Glenn on November 9, 2011 at 10:57

I actually like the look of Glocks (have a 23), but *really* love the looks of a Walther PPS (just bought a 9mm — hopefully will be picking up by the weekend!).

• Glenn on November 9, 2011 at 10:58

Both are great functioning too!!

19. Marc on November 8, 2011 at 16:52

Thank you Richard, didn’t acknowledge yesterday but decided to also take part.
    Last night was some shrimp and chicken sausage with onions and asparagus.

This morning after 20 minute work out and 1/2 mile run ate a few bites of boiled sweet potato and 3 small slices of left over meat. Very little food as I’m just not very hungry after work outs. Lunch time more sweet potato about a 1/3 of a large one , some left over steak about 3-4 ounces and half an avocado.
    Dinner, again shrimp and sausage with asparagus and orange pepper and 2 egg yolks.

Like you Richard I will eat when I’m hungry and won’t when I’m not. Just not all that hungry today. I also will add a daily dose of Hindu pushup. About 20 3~5 times a day.

20. 11/09/2011 » CrossFit Mount Laurel - on November 8, 2011 at 17:29

[…] 30 Day Clean Paleo Challenge Update, Free the Animal […]

21. the cottage child on November 8, 2011 at 17:38

Uhhh….I drank an entire bottle of wine and ate a handful of almonds. Not paleo, unless you count it as an exercise in grief and it felt like what I wanted – a childhood friend passed yesterday. I like that my stomach is hungry and my head hurts a little. Normal feelings are good, I wouldn’t have known that a year ago, before I’d been shaken out of my sugar induced fog.

Everyone’s menus sound so good. It’s nice to read about folks really enjoying food, rather than hyperventilating over it.

22. Primal Toad on November 8, 2011 at 17:55

I think I might join you all… I announced a 21 day challenge on my blog but have not been following it… I’ll have to announce my failure on friday night and my consumption of way too many nuts but I’m motivated to go 100% paleo…

With me though, I need to spend as little money as possible on food right now – weird situation – I may be eating a crazy amount of potatoes, bananas, eggs, grass-fed butter and some grass-fed ground beef… but I’m 100% ok with that… it will be a fun experiment.

Ok, I’m doing it!

23. Myree on November 8, 2011 at 18:30

I knew you HAD to pro second amendment! I knew there was a reason I liked you!!! I have my concealed permit and carry a rasberry ruger lcp. 380….then me and my hubby have a 6ft tall safe fully loaded with our arsenal lol

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 21:40

I have a small 380 up at my cabin, but I forget the brand.

24. james mooney on November 8, 2011 at 19:35

nice cottage child! I started my sunday with 18 holes of walking golf, and two fat tires. Monday, no food until after work and lifting and made a crab and cheddar stuffed flank steak with some vino. Today was cedar plank salmon and a BOTTLE of pinot. Love the wine, love the beer, love the jamesons- as long as not to excess it aint gonna kill me…. and it actually keeps any kind of hunger at bay (at least for me), and keeps the blood sugar low.

25. Kevin Hughes on November 8, 2011 at 20:44

I started on Sunday and its just like old times. The big surprise is how hungry I’m not. I had a busy day on the road today and completely blew through lunch; didn’t even think about it. I love the coconut milk massaman curry idea. I’ll find a recipe and give it a go. This was a great idea Richard. Funny how just a little inspiration can go a long way.

26. Al on November 8, 2011 at 21:15

Folks (Richard included),

I’m not all about paleo and this your your deal, but I’d like to make a few observations because I don’t understand:

If this is our natural diet, and is delicious and we thrive on it, then why this “diet mentality” need to raid the pantry prior to beginning?

And what have you been eating that some are going through withdrawals?

And why are we not eating only when hungry until full?

I was thinking of joining in but then realized that a) I don’t wish to give up booze; and b) I only eat meats and leaves, so giving up booze is my only possible change.

I’m all for this, but truly don’t get the mentality at some times.

-Al

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2011 at 21:47

Al

Not really a diet mentality in my case (and no withdrawals – I felt great Monday). My reason for going off the reservation over the weekend was for fun, see how I could handle it, and to see how much weight I could gain. Which was 3-4 pounds, but probably a lot of fluid retention.

• Al on November 9, 2011 at 21:27

Rich,

I sorta figured that out when you said it was ill-advised. But I can’t stand feeling like you do after a weekend like that – weight gain or not.

That’s just my two cents.

27. Steve on November 9, 2011 at 04:54

How did you make that curry? It looks great. I love cooking curry dishes, but this looks like something new to me.

• Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2011 at 07:12

You can get various Thai curry pastes as a local Asian market: Yellow, Red, Green, Penang, and Massaman. They all prep about the same. You melt the portion of paste you are going to use in whatever cooking fat (coconut oil, ghee, whatever) and then add your coconut milk, bring to a boil, add the food. Simmer, done.

28. Steve on November 9, 2011 at 10:30

I had some red curry paste. Melted that into red palm oil, added some coconut oil, and reheated some leftover rump roast (which was rather dry last night) in it. I liked it. More importantly, I have a new, infinitely variable way of reheating leftover meat or jazzing up vegetables, burgers, or more. Great idea, Richard. Thanks.

29. […] Posts RSS ← 30-Day Clean Paleo Challenge Update 1 […]

30. Stone Age Mom on November 9, 2011 at 11:43

I’ve been half-assed paleo since early 2003, and right now I’m on day 17 of a Whole 30. The longest I ever went with “pure paleo” was 23 days last year when a Superbowl Party thwarted my efforts. I made it through a playoff party, but I was taken in by the moment.

This time around, I’m including plenty of homemade bone broth, a bit of organ meat, raw oysters, and some seaweed here and there. I think it’s helped me feel really even-keeled.

But half-assed since 2003 isn’t so bad for me–at 35 years old, my body comp is pretty spot-on, which, considering that every other member of my family could be labeled obese, isn’t such a bad thing. What I’ve noticed with “super-clean” is that my sugar cravings go way down after about 5 days and I feel much more “free” to not think about food if I don’t feel like it. Also, my skin is glowing and I have lost a few pounds. I also have more energy and sleep better. So all-in-all, I think it is a good thing to see what “optimum” really feels like.

31. […] RSS ← Blogiversary 30-Day Clean Paleo Challenge Update 1 […]

32. […] reading Richard’s post  I just felt compelled to join him for some reason. My motivation was to also vanity, as I saw a […]