Subscribe to My Free Newsletter and Feel the Hype

OK, so see over to the right, I now have a signup for a free newsletter where you can be an “insider” hype-hype-hype, you get the inside scoop before anyone else bullshit-bullshit-bullshit, and you don’t want to miss out on this hype-hype-hype. ….And oh, the offer is only good for the next 48 hours bullshit-bullshit-bullshit, so do sign up right NOW! hype-hype-hype.

I suppose that style of marketing-by-lying will be around as long as people fall for it. But the real story is that I’m asking for your permission to allow me to email you now an then — but never more than once per week. In exchange, I’ll throw you a bone from time to time that’s not otherwise on the blog, or before it goes up on the blog.

That simple. And I won’t share your email with anyone but my dogs.

So, may I have your permission to include you among the other subscribers?

1. rob on November 10, 2011 at 12:48

Just so long as you don’t send me ads for penis enlargement supplements, I get enough of those as it is.

2. Jim Arkus on November 10, 2011 at 12:58

That was the most honest mailing list pitch I’ve ever heard. Sold. But when I went to sign up it told me I already was. I’m kind of curious as to what I signed up for in the past. =P

• Richard Nikoley on November 10, 2011 at 13:03

Yea, Jim, so when I built the list a few days back I added all the emails already subscribed for getting all blog entries by email, as well as those subscribed to one or more comment threads.

My first email out to the list will explain this in detail and provide copious unsubscribe links for anyone who wants off.

It was a weigh the balance sort of thing. I have to consider, given there were more than 1,200 people subscribed to various comment threads that such would include a number of people who took a peek at Paleo and have now forgotten about it, and a slight nudge may be a welcome thing.

3. Shirtless Nation on November 10, 2011 at 13:40

This world would be a better place if more people would be like you Richard.

Best sales pitch have read lately 😉

4. Steve L on November 11, 2011 at 19:34

Count me in.

5. Primal Toad on November 11, 2011 at 19:34

Nice sales pitch. You got me beat by about 200 newsletter subscribers. Time to get it on…