He “Woks” the Talk and Talks to the Wok

Every now and then I see something that simply must be shared immediately. But more than that, promoted.

Since I’m not the only one with a great talent for entertaining those who show up, I often like to highlight those with far less talent, but who try hard. …Are you kidding me?…because, I don’t kid myself; this guy needs his own show—like, right now. Even if I hate him.

Here’s what you’re going to do immediately. You’re going to watch both of Nacho’s cooking videos. Why are you going to do this? You’re going to do this because 1) they’re fucking funny as hell, and 2) because you don’t want to be a fucking idiot who misses out.

Is that clear enough?

Funny jump cuts galore. Silly references. Bad English puns in a Spanish accent. In the end, watch them because, like me, you’re going to hate the mutherfucker for having the nerve to assemble so much fresh creativity in a paleo cooking scheme.

The first is a Chicken Curry. He didn’t prepare enough, though. He had to retreat to the basement for his wok. Watch for that. See? Dumb.

Here you go: Nacho Rubio or, as he tags himself in my comments, El Gourmet Espartano.

The second is a Seared Tuna with Gazpacho.

Alright, give him plenty of hate love in comments. He deserves it.

Oh, yea, he also has a blog, bit it’s in fucking Spanish.

1. Angelo on January 17, 2012 at 15:21

Ummm…yeah, he needs his own show. Freshest concept I’ve seen in the Paleo world in a long time. As our numbers grow, a few creatives are bound to show up for the party.

Damn fine camera work, too. And not to mention, the eating with my eyes made my mouth water.

2. Scott Miller on January 17, 2012 at 15:31

Great personality. Hope he gets his due and finds a huge following.

3. Tin Tin on January 17, 2012 at 15:41

Gazpacho looks great. Interesting spice choices look like they’re worth trying.

4. Todd on January 17, 2012 at 16:17

I’ve never seen a blender/heater all-in-one contraption before. That’s pretty damn cool.

5. KJ on January 17, 2012 at 17:32

Seriously! A blender that also cooks things? No effing way!

6. Primal Toad on January 17, 2012 at 18:16

I remember seeing the Tuna Tataki video during the Primal Blueprint challenge back in September. His personality is contagious. Yes, he most definitely needs his own show! Love it.

7. Chris on January 17, 2012 at 19:45

Ha ha, I’ve been watching his stuff for a while. He’s hilarious.

8. El Gourmet Espartano on January 18, 2012 at 02:00

Oh, my… I can’t believe this! It’s so great! Thanks Richard, no one calls me motherfucker like you do, hahaha… I was asleep when this began (not “vegan”, of course), as you people probably are right now, you know time difference and all… So, what a great awakening!
    I’m really glad you enjoy the videos and thanks everyone for your words, of course I’d love to have a show (you know with a budget and all that…) but even though I get many LOL from people here in Spain is not easy, maybe I should move to the States, hahaha…
    Anyway, thank you, thank you, Mr. Nikoley for the post and everyone for watching.
    About the blender… I’m surprised you don’t know it, it’a a particular Brand and I wouldn’t like to advertise, but… Vorwek Thermomix. It’s very well know here in Spain, quite expensive and, maybe because of that, quite common as a wedding present. When I moved with my girl, she already had one (although she hadn’t been married…) and first I looked at the goddamn machine with fear, it’s an evil apparatus I thought, and it is, what we are getting on well bit by bit as you can see. And indeed it’s evil, the motherfucker can do almost anything but ice-cream (and I mean freezing it, because it makes the cream…).
    Thanks again and I let you know when I make the next video.

• Jasen on January 18, 2012 at 16:41

Nacho,
      Gracias por compartir sus recetas con nootros. El pollo se ve delicioso! Lo voy a preparar este fin de semana. Ud. es muy gracioso y me gusto mucho su video. voy a inscribirme a su blog.
      Felicidades

• El Gourmet Espartano on January 19, 2012 at 11:04

Ey, Jasen, gracias!
      Qué bien entrar en contacto con la comunidad paleo hispanoparlante “del otro lado del charco”
      Un afectuoso saludo!

9. Richard Jones on January 18, 2012 at 05:54

That. is. hilarious. … and curiously great! I love it. Keep it up Nacho. 🙂

Thanks for linking it up Richard.

10. Jeff on January 18, 2012 at 07:21

Great post. I want one of those machines, bad!

11. Rob on January 18, 2012 at 08:55

Those are hilariously awesome & awesomely hilarious. Well Fucking Done Nacho! And thanks!

12. becky yo! on January 18, 2012 at 11:17

Looks like there’s a less cool Cuisinart version of the Thermomix called the Blend and Cook Soup Maker but the reviews are pretty mixed. Bummer.

• Richard Nikoley on January 18, 2012 at 11:21

There’s a vitamix looking thing they demonstrate at those booths when you go to a county fair & such that juices, blends and heats up soup & such.

13. Steve-O on January 18, 2012 at 11:26

Holy Crap! I want to be Nacho when I grow up. Or maybe when I become Emperor Of The Universe I will just hire him to be my personal chef.

14. dr. gabriella kadar on January 18, 2012 at 17:05

Way back in the early 90s I bought a Sumeet. It was great. http://sumeet.net/

The machine he’s got looks very interesting except for the fact that the top bounces.

I used mine to death….. the smallest container had bits that cracked off after more than 10 years. I could have just had that part replaced but didn’t. It did a fabulous job grinding spices and making spice pastes. I didn’t use it to ‘cook’ although allegedly it could do that too. It did the jobs much more neatly than his machine.

15. Jacqueline on January 19, 2012 at 01:14

I’m in love 🙂

16. Clarissa on January 19, 2012 at 07:12

Hola Nacho,
    ¡Que bonita y deliciosa parece tu comida! También me gusta mucho tu energía y chistes. ¡Muy bién hecho! Voy a tratar la tuna este verano cuando hago gazpacho de nuevo. Gracias de traer un poco del sol de Madrid aquí a Oregon donde está lloviendo sin parar. ¡Buena suerte!

17. Allen Halverson on January 19, 2012 at 09:45

Very entertaining videos and inspirational too. Thanks for sharing Richard and thanks to Nacho for creating them. Keep it up!

Alright… I think I’ve just about exhausted all the nice I have in me for the day but it was worth it.

18. El Gourmet Espartano on January 19, 2012 at 11:06

Thank you all guys for all that love comments, I’m still wainting for the hate ones, hahaha…
    Gracias, Clarissa y todos los que habláis español!

19. Rusty on January 19, 2012 at 21:02

Wow, the curry looks very nice. I never thought of blending everything together like that. I’ll have to try it!

20. Tracy on February 17, 2012 at 15:29

Late to the party but… *swoon* love this guy. LOVE.

21. Coconut Curry Chicken with Broccoflower Couscous | sirhc.us maxim.us on February 23, 2012 at 20:22

[…] by a post on Richard Nikoley’s website, I’d been thinking about trying Nacho Rubio’s curry chicken […]

22. Lara on May 22, 2012 at 22:16

I haven’t watched the fucking vids. Should I? Just axin’