Heading Out

Taking the rest of the day and weekend off and heading out of town, since I’ll be turning 51 on Sunday.

Circumstances could be better. The bit of possible food poisoning incident I blogged about the other day appears to have morphed into a full blown head cold, with all the usual symptoms. But that’s just the way things roll, sometimes.

Seeya.

1. Tuck on January 27, 2012 at 14:28

Happy Birthday!

2. John on January 27, 2012 at 14:54

Chil Rich, and throw in a little malt, for medicinal purposes of course

3. BabyGirl on January 27, 2012 at 16:56

Richard, whenever you circle back around to blogging after the Birthday Bacchanalia, I’d love to hear your thoughts about this: middle-class woman who traps, butchers and eats squirrels in her Seattle backyard

4. Tyler on January 27, 2012 at 17:14

51? I don’t believe you.
    Happy birthday either way, though. 😉

5. Keith Sanvidge on January 27, 2012 at 18:25

Have a happy birthday. Try to keep it paleo-ish.

6. james mooney on January 27, 2012 at 23:46

two big macs, fries, 9 nuggets for the drive, a side of big mac sauce, sauna and sleep all day…. never fails

7. grace on January 28, 2012 at 08:27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR SO YOUNGGGGG!!!! Have a great celebration!

8. Razwell on January 28, 2012 at 10:18

Happy Birthday, Richard. I hope you enjoy it.

9. Dan on January 28, 2012 at 12:54

You look great for 51 dude!!!! Hey I wanted to let you know two things. Firstly, do you have any idea how low your carb intake is? Secondly, this is Dan from Darwins Table, and I have recently started low carb and found that it works better than when I was on paleo (13 pounds in two weeks so far). BUT when I was on paleo I ate lots of fruits and veges. Now I find myself not doing that and the weight loss is so easy and thoughtless. Im wondering if your weight loss was in part due to the carb restriction? Any thoughts?

10. Amy on January 29, 2012 at 05:38

Hsppy Birthday. Hope you feel better. Glad to know I’m not the only person eating Paleo that still gets sick. 😉

11. Bay Area Sparky on January 29, 2012 at 07:56

Happy Birthday, Richard!

12. LadySadie on January 29, 2012 at 12:22

Happy Birthday! Mine is Monday…we’re putting my candles on a Meatza!!!!

13. LXV on January 29, 2012 at 15:32

Happy birthday, dude! And here’s to many more happy and healthy years.

14. Richard Nikoley on January 30, 2012 at 08:21

Thanks all for the well wishes. It was a weekend of epic weather in Carmel, CA and I was able to get the cold under control by Saturday afternoon so had a great time that evening with a little bar hopping & dinner. Walked the beach with the dogs both Saturday and Sunday in 70 deg sunny skies. Took the long way back via 17 Mile Drive, Pacific Grove & Monterey. Then some friends fixed dinner for us last evening. Just perfect.

15. Jasen on January 30, 2012 at 09:14

Happy belated birthday Richard!