A Gnollish Meal and Discussion with J. Stanton

Yes, there was the interview. That was the morning after these photos, that Beatrice snapped candidly over dinner. I myself was so absorbed, that I didn’t even know about them until I updated her computer shit this afternoon and found them on her iPhone.

IMG 2626
Listen J, Points Come Together.
IMG 2631
J…VAGINAS…Come Together!
IMG 2634
Whaaaat?
IMG 2639
Here, J, Eat More Meat. You’ll Get it.
IMG 2641
Alright. OK, You’re Right.
IMG 2649
…Can We Talk About Vaginas, Now?

Mr. J. Stanton is the perfect guest.

1. Ann Marie @ CHEESESLAVE on June 18, 2012 at 22:06

Vaginas? Huh? What?

I am out of the loop.

• Richard Nikoley on June 18, 2012 at 22:13

Ann Marie.

Laf. You are by no means out of the loop.

Homework: how guys can get nutrition from cunnilingus. I’m kidding. Bit only kinda. Clearly, women can get nutrition from fellatio and swallowing, but I’d be interested in hearing the other side,

🙂

• Paul on June 19, 2012 at 01:05

Depends which way they wipe?

• JoshS on June 19, 2012 at 07:47

Probiotics and B12!

• rob on June 19, 2012 at 04:30
  2. Ann Marie @ CHEESESLAVE on June 18, 2012 at 22:07

PS: I want to come to one of your dinner parties. And you are hereby invited to one of mine. Or many.

• Richard Nikoley on June 18, 2012 at 22:15

Ann Marie

I hope you’ll be on Cambridge. if not, I will absolutely be keen on meeting you and getting a collective meal together someday.

3. Tom on June 18, 2012 at 22:47

I’d love to see you do another (long, please!) video interview w/J. Stanton, and break it up into a series of posts.

But that’s just me. 🙂

4. Tom on June 18, 2012 at 22:52

Hell…I think you should see if Denise Minger will be in the Bay area anytime soon, and interview her, too!

5. Lara on June 18, 2012 at 23:38

Yawn

• Richard Nikoley on June 19, 2012 at 01:44

“Yawaaaan.”

Just imagine what I think of your blog.

• Robert on June 19, 2012 at 06:49

That it is the best things you have ever read?

…but wait, what blog?

6. Pauline on June 19, 2012 at 01:32

You do get the feeling of a wonderful atmosphere of food, wine and great conversation. Glad we could eavesdrop and enjoy – the photos tell the story. Thanks to Bea for taking the pics so those of us who live in distant lands get the full sense of the occasion. Also wish there could be more video, even if this broken up into smaller clips.

7. Richard Nikoley interviews J. Stanton | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page on June 19, 2012 at 01:41

[…] Nikoley interviews J. Stanton Richard Nikoley interviews J. Stanton 5'8" 227lbs Oct 2010. May 2012 185 lbs. Goal is 175 then assess. […]

8. steve on June 19, 2012 at 04:18

J. smokes?
    How fucking cool is that. As a smoker myself, I’d love to hear his thoughts on smoking in respect to paleo. In the vain of paleo, I switched to American Spirits about a year ago as they’re all natural, no additives.

• Ken on June 19, 2012 at 06:39

> J. Smokes?

Only for hormesis. 🙂

• Richard Nikoley on June 19, 2012 at 07:04

It was after dinner cigars with port wine,, to be clear. At that time of night, about 9-10, only thing open was the mini mart and all they had were those mini cigar thingies.

• steve on June 19, 2012 at 07:29

So you guys were blowin’ down some blunts?
        Sweet. 😉

• Ed on June 19, 2012 at 07:31

There’s nothing wrong with mini cigars. According to Jethro Tull, “A small cigar can change the world” –Ian Anderson, “A Small Cigar” (1975). Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zdPvkzIPd8

• J. Stanton on June 19, 2012 at 12:57

“J. smokes?”

Only cigars — and only on special occasions where a cigar is appropriate.

I see an important distinction between the ceremonial use of intoxicants, practiced by many ancestral cultures, vs. the frequent use of intoxicants to either get you through the day (e.g. coffee, cigarettes) or help you forget it (e.g. alcohol). The first is paleo: the second is what you do when you’ve been dispossessed or enslaved by agriculturalists.

JS

9. Pauline on June 19, 2012 at 08:34

Hi Richard, I have been reading a recent article in Gnolls.org and cannot view the comments. Are you able to view them? or are they closed for public viewing?

• J. Stanton on June 19, 2012 at 12:05

Pauline:

Do the comments not show up after the article text when you’re reading an article on its own page? (It should look like every other WordPress website.) I haven’t heard of this happening before…please contact me through the Contact link and let me know exactly what you’re seeing (or not seeing).

And yes, the comments are also shown as forum threads…but you shouldn’t have to sign in to read them (or even to post them) via either method. Again, please contact me and let me know what’s happening.

JS

• Pauline on June 19, 2012 at 23:57

Hi there, sent you message through contact link – I can view article but comments are ‘off’, can only view the comments on forum thread. Has this anything to do with internet use in the UK?

10. Pauline on June 19, 2012 at 08:37

My first impulse is I dislike joining anything officially and if I have to sign in everytime I want to read comments that will be enough to turn me away.

11. Pauline on June 19, 2012 at 08:48

Found the where the comment threads are. Richard I must say that your blog has always been sweet in terms of easy to read and view comments all in one place. Must be one of the many reasons that we all keep rolling in like the tide…