Animal Parts

Well, I’ve taken the tumblr plunge.

For some time I’ve checked out various people’s tumblr posts and have always tended to like the micro blogging aspect of how most people do it (far more elegant than Facebook, a bit more panache than Twitter). Often, it’s just a photo or image, no ‘splainin. I’ve often wanted a more personal blog that’s open to the public, and that’s easy to update. I started one on iWeb, using MobileMe, but I did like three posts and that was it. And now that Apple has discontinued MobileMe, I figured I’d give tumblr a try.

I’m using the cleanest, most minimalist theme I could find.

My tagline?

The place where Richard Nikoley posts the shit he loves or hates. Always in small bites.

Yep, little blurbs here and there. Lots of photos, some with a relation to paleo health, many not, some randomness. A paragraph or two now and then, or maybe a short video clip to piss you off. Anything I can do to piss you off is worth it, in my book. Love & hate, baby. Life is to short to be irrelevant.

Alright, check it out if you like: Animal Parts. It’s surely not much yet, so feel free to call me a wanker in comments because I surely deserve it for promoting it well before it’s worth a shit.

1. Rhonda on July 16, 2012 at 22:58

Hey, Richard, make sure you download “Missing e” It’s a browser add-on that’ll make your blogging experience on Tumblr much better. (The name: It’s the missing letter E from Tumblr.) Here is the link to the Missing e Tumblr blog; you can get the download from there. Note: You will be warned over and over and over again by Tumblr (the Tumblr staff does NOT like Missing e) that Missing e is a horrible thing to have on your computer…don’t listen to them.

2. Chris Rusho on July 16, 2012 at 23:13

Being that a Tumblr site is more a stream of consciousness than a collection of organized thoughts, and is about as in-the-moment as it gets, it’s kind of worth whatever shit it’s gonna be worth right out of the gate. So promote (and/or wank) away, I say.

3. Amy Haines on July 17, 2012 at 04:36

Nice. The dog photos are precious, but my favorite is proof that God and Spiderman exist. If it wouldn’t offend so many of my religious family members, I’d steal it for FB.

4. Carlos Morales on July 17, 2012 at 06:15

Glad to see you’re taking the plunge. My tumblr (http://thelastdays.tumblr.com) kind of went from paleo rantings to a full on atheist/anarchist domain, which I’ve found to be much more fun.

5. Lily on July 17, 2012 at 06:53

This is *so* weird! I signed up (again) for Tumblr right before checking my g-reader and coming here. Soooo strange.

I was an early Tumblr and deleted (and/ or forgot my old account; oddly, the post via email addy was still in my contacts) that account years ago–srsly. Years.

One of my good friends started using Tumblr and I see his x-posts to Twitter, so it got me interested. It’s vastly different from when I was using it. It’s a LOT like Posterous (which was recently bought by Twitter). I tend to hate anything with loud and large FB integration (was an early adopter there, back when you had to sign up with a .edu addy but finally left it at the end of 2011 because I got tired of hearing myself complain about it) but more popular. You need a level of popularity to make social media work, so…Tumblr seems to be doing that WELL (now).

6. Pauline on July 17, 2012 at 08:21

Hi Marie. I watched the most fascinating program on BBC on digestion. Here is a link :
    I cannot think of food in the same way after some of those photos taken inside digestive system with a tiny camera.
    Here is another brilliant link on digestion by JStanton, the best info too –
    Fascinating stuf.

7. Pauline on July 17, 2012 at 08:21

Posted in wrong place. She be on previous article. Typing from iPad

• marie on July 17, 2012 at 23:41

Fantastic Pauline, thank you, this is just the sort of thing I was looking for. I remember Stanton’s post now. …and I envy you your BBC 🙁

8. […] got a micro-blog off and running, as I trumpeted yesterday…and, well, let's just say I'm impressed with the individuality and anarchy of the thing—as […]

9. tim_lebsack on July 24, 2012 at 13:46

We could call you a wanker at your Tumblr blog also if you’d activate Disqus comments.

• Richard Nikoley on July 24, 2012 at 14:57

And after I just followed you on tumblr, and I hardly follow anyone. 🙂 Most, new followers, I go through at least 2 pages of posts to see if I want to follow as well. I followed you without even scrolling. Your last three posts.

Nope, reactions are fine. I don’t want comments on that blog.