SamePlate.com: Meet Your Paleo, Primal, LC, or Caveman/woman Match

You already know Jeff Nimoy from the bread post (there’s another loaf in the oven right now—with mods—and it looks very promising).

Anyway, in addition to being The Cooking Caveman, he’s also the founder of SamePlate.com, a dating site dedicated to initially matching people by their food and dietary preferences. Damn fine idea, if you ask me. From this man’s perspective, there’s got to be nothing worse that a date that’s a picky, finicky eater. …Except a vegan; but then, I repeat myself.

Here’s the press release. An excerpt:

LOS ANGELESSamePlate.com is the first and only dating site in the U.S. that matches couples based on the food they eat (or don’t eat), as well as the diet they follow. Founded by Emmy Award Winning writer and producer and CookingCaveman.com blogger, Jeff Nimoy, SamePlate.com helps singles to find successful relationships through the one thing we all have in common…food.

Go have a look at the rest of the background, and by all means, share this around the Paleosphere. …And yes, there are categories for paleo, Primal, Caveman, LC, Atkins, etc.

We need more paleo babies or our plan for world domination will get seriously behind schedule.

1. Sean on July 17, 2012 at 13:34

At first I thought, ‘Stupidest idea ever.’ But with some reflection I thought, ‘Someone who eats a paleo-ish diet is probably someone who is willing to buck conformity so there’s probably a lot of other shared interests’. It’s not a coincidence that so many paleos are also libertarians (or even sadly misguided anarcho-capitalists like Richard), just as most vegans seem to share a hard left political ideology. So diet could be an interestingly useful filter for mating prospects.

That being said, if you have to use an online dating site, I believe you are fucked. Call me an internet reactionary but I see trying to score a date or mate online as a pathetic bridge too far that will never be crossed or will be crossed at a terrible price. In theory the internet ought to be the perfect venue for finding a mate, market clearing values, etc. In reality, mutual attraction is composed of rather intangible components that we are often unaware of (if you’ve ever argued with someone you just met for an hour then ended up fucking like weasels in a closet you know what I mean).

• Carlos Morales on July 17, 2012 at 13:40

Meetup.com has been pretty fucking amazing for finding friends and more than friends through finding communities of likeminded people, which is very difficult in religious/statist areas – namely, San Antonio. I honestly have met the majority of my real life friends by online networking sites. Put simply, if I had to meet people through my work or through the bar scene, I’d be very let down.

• Sean on July 17, 2012 at 14:06

I think there’s a big difference between networking sites and dating sites.

You seem to be talking about using the internet to meet like-minded people locally, this is a great use of the medium. You are implying that you are hooking up also through this medium, but you also talk about communities. Are you getting dates from this or interacting with communities that end up leading to dates, because that was really the point I was making.

2. GiGi Eats Celebrities on August 23, 2012 at 20:15

I’m on this web site! Love Jeff (Nimoy)! 🙂 I will be on an ABC spot for the site too!! WOO WOO! I truly believe in it! I am going to find me a mate! Anyone single reading this comment? LOL

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2012 at 20:18

GiGi

I think Jeff pointed me to your site. Good work.

Good luck, and I think its a great idea.

3. Maureen O Donovan on February 17, 2017 at 07:59

Is there any chance that, out there somewhere, there is a nice, emotionally mature, late sixties, early seventies man, who is following, partially or wholely the Paleo lifestyle?, if you read this, please get in touch with me, my name is Maureen and I’m in my late sixties.

• Maureen O Donovan on February 18, 2017 at 12:15

Is there a chance, that, out there somewhere, there is a nice, emotionally mature, late sixties, early seventies man, who is following, partially or wholely the Paleo lifestyle, if you you read this please get in touch with me, my name is Maureen and I’m in my late sixties.