Aren’t We All Suckers for a Great Inspirational Story?

I am.

That’s pretty much in the Must Watch category. Hell, I didn’t even take time to vet it to make sure I wasn’t being pwned. Then again, I saw Life of Pi over the holiday and enjoyed being pwned by a nonetheless good story.

Regular blogging to resume shortly.

Update: Here’s a 2-minute Good Morning America story on Arthur Boorman.

Diamond Dallas Page Helps Arthur Boorman with DDP Yoga- Good Morning America (SD) from Dallas Page on Vimeo.

1. Preston on November 26, 2012 at 09:15

It was very inspirational.

I salute the man for not giving up and reclaiming his strength and health.

2. Elliot on November 26, 2012 at 09:23

Arthur Boorman’s story on Good Morning America (item #4)

• Elliot on November 26, 2012 at 09:30

Note that on the GMA segment, it shows him teaching a yoga class.

The scene with him running at the camera sends chills up my spine every time I see it.

• Richard Nikoley on November 27, 2012 at 07:49

Thanks Elliot. Added that 2-m segment to the post.

3. beans mcgrady on November 26, 2012 at 11:28

Very awesome. I wonder what he ate.
    Doesn’t really matter how he did it, just that he did. It is amazing how resilient a body can be.
    Thanks for sharing, brought a tear to my eye.
    Physically or psychologically, we can overcome so much.

4. Gene D on November 26, 2012 at 11:59

If this had been me it would have taken great restraint to not go knock every tooth out of those doctors’ heads after all this. Good for him, amazing transformation.

5. rob on November 26, 2012 at 12:31

I saw “Life Of Pi” on Thursday and damn near went and saw it again on Saturday, they should give Ang Lee a special award for keeping movie theaters relevant.

You have to see it on the big screen, and you have to see it in 3D.

• Richard Nikoley on November 26, 2012 at 13:04

Yep, did both. Big screen 3d and the 3d was not overplayed.

6. CWeld on November 26, 2012 at 12:45

When he breaks into a sprint, all those feels. I’ve seen this guy’s story a couple times now, and it always gives me chills.

7. blahblah on November 26, 2012 at 14:28

How dare you make me tear up Richard. Im a mans man! Whatever he ate, exercise is an amazing blood sugar lowering tool. My dad who is on insulin, had highs near 200 for a week and was worried he might have to up his meds. I took him shopping for about 45 minutes of gentle walking and it finally normalised. He’s a believer now that he can see you don’t have to do uphill sprints to get benefits from movement. He claims the more gentle activity doesn’t spike his hunger either. Win win.

8. rob on November 26, 2012 at 14:36

It captures the joy of having a body that functions well. You can talk science until you are blue in the face, have your blood analyzed, eat a diet that over several decades will hopefully result in your telomeres remaining good and lengthy, and none of it will ever approach the joy of having a body that functions the way it is supposed to function.

9. Rich7252 on November 26, 2012 at 16:20

I watched this video, and thought; Man I hurt, but not as bad as he seems to. This video gave me the impetus to get back into the box again, and just work with the pain, or around it, but get through it. Thanks Richard.

10. gabriella kadar on November 26, 2012 at 18:40

Wow!

11. Dane on November 26, 2012 at 18:57

Now I know why I loved DDP back as a wrestler when I was in middle school. I love hokey, sappy shit like this.

12. aminoKing on November 26, 2012 at 23:16

Awesome! I’ve got immense respect for military and ex-military servicemen and women. I’m glad this one found the help he needed. Just awesome!

13. Resurgent on November 26, 2012 at 23:25

Richard, Here’s another worth a watch:

• Richard Nikoley on November 27, 2012 at 07:52

Great story Resurgent.

14. Barry bliss on November 27, 2012 at 06:53

That guy’s a bad-ass.

15. gabriella kadar on November 28, 2012 at 19:33

I watched the few minute video of the wrestler dude instructing. On the website for DDP. Dude talks a LOT. But I’m open minded on this whole thing about ‘not like your momma’s yoga’. If anyone here buys the DVDs, can they please give their opinion and experience with this? Thanks.