Nobody Should Be President, But Ron Paul is Da Man!

tumblr mfwyd0Tiye1ro6eouo1 500

Just retired U.S. Representative, Dr. Ron Paul, is 78 and delivered about 4,000 babies before taking on a less worthy endeavor. There was no doubt that he’d never succeed to become President.

The interesting times we live in, eh? Moron on parade, now. Barak couldn’t hold a candle to this man in a million years.

Note: I’m totally assuming this is a fake deal. Nothing on Snopes, yet, or even in the news. Nonetheless, it is “cool.”

Update: As expected, just a lookalike that someone used. Still a great pic though and I’ll bet Ron Paul would think so too.

1. A.B. Dada on January 18, 2013 at 17:58

Best fauxto and headline ever.

• Bill on January 18, 2013 at 18:24

When I saw the headline, I thought this was instigated by you A.b. “Da”

• A.B. Dada on January 18, 2013 at 18:25

Haha, Bill, not this time. Someone out there has more wit and humor than I do.

Damn it.

• Bill on January 18, 2013 at 18:38

When is Marilyn Kline Ackerman going to chip in here? Come on Marilyn. You have the answers. Get on the ball.

2. Steve on January 18, 2013 at 18:03

Definitely looks like Ron but it’s really a member of the “Optimalists” health club in Belarus, http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/icy_days_and_nights.html

• Richard Nikoley on January 18, 2013 at 18:06

Yea, I actually hit publish before I finished and when drafting the last para, that I could not confirm it, I saw ABD’s comment and I’m like “what the hell?” Fine time for that to happen.

I didn’t believe it for a second because it would have been all over the news, but it does make a good story.

• A.B. Dada on January 18, 2013 at 18:26

Guess Dr. Paul wasn’t as interested in cold thermogenesis as we previously had thought.

3. Joshua on January 18, 2013 at 18:07

But all old white guys are lame!

4. Henry on January 18, 2013 at 18:19

Um, cold much? I’m surprised the photo is real at all.

5. Jacky on January 18, 2013 at 18:28

Well, well, I thought your were a-political, or anti- I have been a follower of and rooter for Ron Paul for many years. Not perfect, but a real man of conviction, so of course he couldn’t fit in to the DC crowd. This ice breaking thing is new–wonder if he belongs to the Polar Bear Club? Hmmm. Doesn’t seem out of character for him though, breaking the ice, that is. Hope is it more responsive than most of his ventures as such. Thanks for posting. I like it.

• Richard Nikoley on January 19, 2013 at 07:43

Jacky

Ron is one of the only politicians I made an exception for, just thinking he ought to go back to honest work like delivering babies. The rest should be drawn & quartered.

• Richard Nikoley on January 19, 2013 at 07:47

….or, in the words of Diderot:

“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

6. CatherineakaCate on January 18, 2013 at 19:30

I have this very cool old school picture of Ron Paul in his uniform, on his bike, with Rand at about 18 months, balancing sans helmet on the frame. Dr Paul was hot as hell back in the day! Not a Marine, but you can’t have everything. ( Other than that he is perfect, I’d say)
    Paulites should find the image, it’s a keeper. I have it next to *we know who,* on his girly bike with his crash helmet.

7. CatherineakaCate on January 18, 2013 at 19:35
  8. Simon Carter on January 19, 2013 at 11:30

Bullshit politics aside, that photo of a naked old man with an axe chopping the ice is one powerful image. It immediately reminded me of this photo of a woman in England clearing ice from a pond so, she could swim, goddamnit:

Powerful images of “powerful people” Strong, determined, don’t give a shit what anyone thinks I’m going to do this.
    Great inspiring images.

• Richard Nikoley on January 19, 2013 at 11:32

Yep, Simon. When I saw it, even with the Ron Paul bit (but really, there’s a parallel there in terms of DC politics and what he was always about) I knew I had to blog it. One of those things.

9. Joe on January 18, 2013 at 20:34
    • Richard Nikoley on January 19, 2013 at 07:54

Thanks Joe

I figured it was certainly a look alike, but I guess hasn’t been out long enough to be debunked as not being Ron Paul. Awesome pic though. I bet Ron would think so too, instinctively.

10. The Quilter on January 18, 2013 at 22:28

If it’s not Ron…will you call him a big fucking liar?

Still sore…

• AminoKing on January 18, 2013 at 23:07

Quilter. Still sore, eh? Take a nice long ice cold bath. That should fix it!

• Richard Nikoley on January 19, 2013 at 07:39

Only if it turns out Ron put it out there himself.