Unbridled Deconstructionism vs Synthesis and Dot Connecting

Suppose you ate a vegetable and there was some sort of trace toxin or anti-nutrient in it. Just imagine having a toxin or anti-nutrient in a vegetable. I know. It’s hard.

But, supposing you could, you could write a blog about that.

You could even write a New York Times piece about that. Oh. Wait. That’s about meat, again. So sorry. Can’t seem to find a current, mainstream article about this-or-that toxin or anti-nutrient in any plant where, if isolated and ingested with abandon causes Bad. Shit. To. Happen.

…I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that Bad. Shit. found in red meat is really Really. Bad. Shit. I actually haven’t read the article. Have you? Silly. Time waster. You see, deconstruction is easy. Or, in the words of Sam Harris the other day, in a post most paid no attention to because It. Wasn’t. About. Diet.

A general point about the mechanics of defamation: It is impossible to effectively defend oneself against unethical critics. If nothing else, the law of entropy is on their side, because it will always be easier to make a mess than to clean it up.

Everything I post is pretty much about everything I post. It’s. All. Connected.

The bottom line is that any and all critiques of basically real food are properly dismissed out of hand for the violation of evolution. I could go on and on, but we’re still locked into the Christianesque notion of Original Sin, whether explicitly or more commonly now, culturally and implicitly.

…the haunting fear that someone, somewhere is having a good time. — H.L. Mencken

Or, people seem to have this unnatural, carnal desire to consume flesh, whilst shunning the ethical purity of vegetables unless accompanied by meat and its juices.

Sinners.

But we see it everywhere, even in paleo. …An example of an unbridled deconstructionist. She’s actually got a gig to speak at the next conference of the very Society she’s been smearing since its beginning. And not only does she smear the Society itself rather than lift a finger or key-on-board to promote it, she refers to it as “Instestral,” and then deconstructs it further when called on it, with meaningless distinctions.

Further. She has, over the years, attempted to deconstruct and smear an enormous percentage of her fellow invited past and present speakers to the event. She found a “toxin.” There’s an “anti-nutrient,” there. Carole Simpson’s CarbSaneR is just dessert. Eddie, a UK LC diabetic—who helps people—is also lending a hand and making fun of her and her sycophants: Carbsane blog Grashow the Gimp returns to the fold!

Copy of Gimp Grashow kissng butt

Punchline: Evelyn’s AHS13 Presentation in Atlanta is to be about beans. Oh, and in addition to Evelyn regularly sockpuppeting her own comments, Grashow looks to be a neighbor, family member or friend.

What does that mean? Just this. There are basically three ways to go in this deal.

1. You’re a lazy ass who always takes the easy route. you only pick nits, criticize, and deconstruct what #2 are doing. The existence of #2 is the only reason you can exist in the first place, much like parasites require hosts. You hide the fact that you are incapable of distinguishing largely good from largely bad. You’re a killer of babies and hate even bathwater that comes from clear running natural springs.
  2. You have a well developed or practiced sense of blinders. Like a workhorse, you just march and pull forward. You generally ignore critics and march on. This enrages critics (#1), and you just march forward again. Eventually, critics find other more willing targets to validate their lazy efforts, just like any parasite searches out the most abiding host. Sisson & Wolf are prime examples, here.
  3. In contrast to #1, you don’t just feed off #2 and try to weaken them, you rather look for things to synthesize, highlight, integrate and build upon the value they have already created. The goal, being to promote them further so you have more good to pick from, integrate, build, and help yourself in the process. This is my deal and it’s the way jimmy moore operates as well. We do it in vastly different ways. He, with his all-comer podcast, for example, and me with just about whatever strikes my fancy in the moment—but always with a mind to help build on or defend #2 against the parasites of #1.

It’s simple. And guess what? The vast majority of Paleoish peeps are of the #2 mindset, so I never get bent out of shape when they criticize me for going after the parasites. That’s actually a good thing. There are some who love the drama but even there, by and large, it’s like a movie for them where the good guys (#2 & #3) win in the end.

OK, gotta go get the camping gear ready for the year’s first outing, tomorrow.

1. Nigel Kinbrum on April 11, 2013 at 15:53

“Eddie, a UK LC diabetic—who helps people—is also lending a hand and making fun of her and her sycophants: Carbsane blog Grashow the Gimp returns to the fold!

Are you suggesting that I’m one of Evelyn’s ass/arse-kissers? If so, see Failure to communicate, civil wars and dim bulbs. Have an ice day! 🙂

2. Richard Nikoley on April 11, 2013 at 16:38

” Have an ice day!”

You got that from McDonald, and he got it from me.

3. Nigel Kinbrum on April 11, 2013 at 16:46

I nicked it directly from you (on McD’s forum).
    Did you like my insult “mirror”?

4. Nigel Kinbrum on April 11, 2013 at 17:07

I just read Grashow looks to be a neighbor, family member or friend.

How is Carole getting the IP addresses of people who post on someone else’s blog? That’s creepy, stalkerish behaviour.

5. Inigo Montoya on April 11, 2013 at 17:15

Richard, it would be cool if every once in a while within an article you could link to carbsaner.blogspot.com but with the keyword being EK’s full name (or the EJ-K variant).

Because your blog has so much authority, that would cause Carole’s blog to appear in searches for EK’s name.

The reasoning is that people searching for “Carbsaner” already know about EK’s behavior. But it might be a good public service for people searching for “EK” to learn about that side of her as well.

6. Richard Nikoley on April 11, 2013 at 17:15

@Nigel

I just now read your post, at least the most important part. Sorry, man. I know over the years the topic comes up now & then. Indeed, you have prepared yourself well. That will make it survivable in a less dramatic sense, not easy. Tomorrow I head off for a camping trip to celebrate my mom’s 72nd with my brothers and other family.

Now, I will endeavor to make more of it than I might have otherwise.

Eventual condolences, Nigel.

7. Nigel Kinbrum on April 11, 2013 at 17:26

“Now, I will endeavor to make more of it than I might have otherwise.”
    That’s good. Do the things that you have the power to do and accept the things that you don’t.

“Eventual condolences, Nigel.”
    Thank you. I know that we don’t agree on certain issues, but that’s appreciated.

8. Chaz Gashorrid on April 11, 2013 at 19:25

Beans huh?!

I’m not able to get to AHS13, but when they get the video uploaded I expect to hear some verrrrry loud sound effects coming from the audience.

9. Libby on April 11, 2013 at 19:35

I love this post! I am more sure than ever that #1 consists of folks who have warped relationships with food. Any type of eating plan can go too far with them. They are likely not to blame for this, our culture and other factors set them up for it. Perhaps their personal experience makes them unable to comprehend that others don’t get quite so wrapped up in whether a particular food is “allowed” or not. I am firmly in camp #2. Basically, if I want to eat a potato I am going to, Paleo be damned. My life and my health (mental as well as physical) has been changed so completely by the info I’ve received from this Paleo community…beginning with Robb and then Mark and you and a few others; I am nothing if not grateful. And if I start eating bread tomorrow, I will still be grateful to have found you all.

10. Richard Nikoley on April 12, 2013 at 01:58

@nigel

Yes, love the insult. Not sure when I head it first but long time ago. I signed off to Lyle on The Mean Forum that way and everyone forgot about the dispute and focussed on that? Was that an insult, or a typo?

Regarding those ip addresses, yea. I’ve been saying the same thing about area codes and prefixes on phone numbers for 40 years now. Ominous.

11. Nigel Kinbrum on April 12, 2013 at 04:53

@Richard: First rule of mean forum: Don’t talk about mean forum!

By “mirror”, I meant my blog’s insult mirror. I.E. anyone who insults me is a dim bulb.

12. […] SEE OUR RECOMMENDED BOOKS, FILMS, KITCHEN TOOLS, FOOD, AND DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS AT AMAZON.COM ← Unbridled Deconstructionism vs Synthesis and Dot Connecting […]

13. Eddie Mitchell on April 13, 2013 at 12:56

Check out Carole’s latest take on Carbsane.

14. Nigel Kinbrum on April 13, 2013 at 19:53

Eddie, must you keep linking to that fucking loon’s web-site? My eyes. It burns! It burns!

15. Eddie Mitchell on April 15, 2013 at 03:58

Hi Nigel

Have you read Carole’s stunning dissection of the Carbsane-Gary Taubes debacle ? Does Evelyn look a complete pratt or what ? What a complete hippocrite your Evie is eh !

16. Nigel Kinbrum on April 15, 2013 at 05:31

1) I took a look at it. The phrase “Carole’s stunning *whatever*” is an oxymoron!
    2) Evelyn is not “My Evie”.
    3) You know what’ll happen if you get sarky with me, don’t you? Let’s not go there again, eh?

*prat
    **hypocrite
    Be thankful that we Brits aren’t allowed to bear arms! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3y0CD2CoCs 😀

17. Eddie Mitchell on April 15, 2013 at 10:11

Hi Nige

In case you missed my reply on the lowcarb diabetic blog to your questions.

How do I treat my diabetes ? Well, I prefer to call it, controlling my diabetes. How do you think I do it ? 1. Bags of big pharma drugs and a high starch/sugar diet. 2. Information gleamed from a witch doctors bones. 3. A lowcarb diet and moderate exercise. Answers on a post card.

I have never had a glucose tolerance test. When HbA1c tests show close to 12 the medics don’t usually do a GTT.

With your powers of observation, I am surprised you are not top brass in the Police Force.

BTW Was that some sort of threat “You know what’ll happen if you get sarky with me, don’t you? Let’s not go there again, eh”

Some time ago, I said on this blog “I like you just the way you are Nigel” it was not meant to be complimentary. Most of your ilk make a lot of noise, but say nothing of value. As you said when I asked you what is your cause, what is your mission ? You replied was negative, that is manifestly obvious to all, other than you it appears.

Over to you Nigeepoo.

18. Steve W on April 15, 2013 at 12:01

Why do people insist on (mis)using the term ‘deconstruction’ when what they mean is ‘dissection’.

Deconstruction is separating a ‘sign’ into it’s constituent parts i.e. ‘signifier’ and ‘signified’. Then the parts are re-contextualized/recombined in order to better understand the structure of the original communication/sign.

Deconstruction is a process with a specific purpose. It is concerned with understanding the inherent prejudices or assumptions contained within a ‘sign’ structure.

The latent meaning of the medium.

19. Richard Nikoley on April 15, 2013 at 17:11

I disagree. You might notice I used a qualifier, ‘unbridled’ at the beginning as well as highlighted valuable uses. Dissection is a completely different construct, as well far removed from integration which was the contrast.

Wholly unimpressed, Steve W, and I wholly disagree.

20. Steve W on April 16, 2013 at 11:17

You’re unimpressed with an explanation of your repeated misuse of a term?

21. Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2013 at 11:51

That’s what you think, Steve W. But I like to be impressed with what you think. Not this time, though.

22. Nigel Kinbrum on April 16, 2013 at 15:16

Eddie Mitchell wrote…
    “Hi Nige
    In case you missed my reply on the lowcarb diabetic blog to your questions.”
    I’ve been rather busy the last few days, as you would know had you read my blog. I haven’t read your reply, but will do now.

You wrote “I like you Nigel” in this post and there was no sign of an /irony tag. So that was a lie? O.K. I’ll go back to tearing you new orifices, as that’s how you like it. I answered your question about my mission here, but you had too few working brain cells left to comprehend it, apparently.

23. Eddie Mitchell on April 16, 2013 at 16:00

Hi Nige

24. Nigel Kinbrum on April 16, 2013 at 17:42

Eddie Mitchell said…
    “Hi Nige
    Do you know how I see you ? A sort of sub standard William Sommers, Court Jester of Henry VIII. It has been said Sommers had a marvellous sense of humour. If you can develop yours, you might have a future in the court of King Richard. One thing is certain, you will never be more than a court jester in his Kingdom.”
    1) DILLIGAF?
    2) You had a golden opportunity to tell the world about all of the tricks & tips there are to tackle T2DM. Sadly, you are just another “one-trick pony”. People are better-off reading http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/ , for all the use your blog is. That’s how I see you. A worthless wanker. Touché, dear boy?

25. Eddie Mitchell on April 17, 2013 at 09:15

Hi Richard keep thinking positive and keep up the great work.

While I am keeping Evie’s pet monkey amused, it frees up some of your time.

Starting out on a lowcarb lifestyle ? a few ideas and recipes http://www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/

26. Nigel Kinbrum on April 17, 2013 at 10:52

Was I too harsh?

27. Richard Nikoley on April 17, 2013 at 11:07

Leave _me_ out of your insults back-&-forth unless I explicitly involve myself, which I won’t.

28. Nigel Kinbrum on April 17, 2013 at 11:17

Will do. Sorry about that.
    Eddie Mitchell said…
    “While I am keeping Evie’s pet monkey amused…”
    Self-praise is no recommendation.

Tired of being Insulin Resistant and having to severely restrict dietary carbohydrates? Here are a few ideas which may allow you to eat whatever you want without suffering from post-meal hyperglycaemia, lethargy and/or subsequent hunger pangs Insulin Resistance: Solutions to problems.