Profiling = Using Your Mind, “Racial” or Not

Still away from home so I’ll just pop something up that might be of interest to some. Ever noticed that the idea of “racial profiling” is just always assumed to be automatically wrong? It could be, depending on circumstances; but other times, perhaps not so much. Moreover, what’s often charged as racial profiling isn’t that at all. In other cases, perhaps the most common, it’s merely one single part of a far wider and integrated profile.

Here, Stefan Molyneux explains all the elements for those who care about facts, reason and dealing with things honestly, The Truth About Racial Profiling: George Zimmerman vs. Trayvon Martin.

He also went on Peter Schiff’s show, Media Bias, Racial Profiling and Zimmerman.

The previous video of Stefan’s that’s referred to in the podcast, The Truth About George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, was at 600,000 views at the time of their recording a few days ago and is now approaching 800,000 views, and with a 10-to-1 like to dislike ratio.

I never paid much attention to this whole deal until the verdict. Now that I have, I am astounded at the verifiable facts so-called reputable media have never, ever reported on. And I’m pretty cynical to begin with.

An afterthought: The danger of fists. People have a uniformly false view—thanks to Hollywood—of hand-or-fist to face contact by someone who knows even a little bit about what they’re doing. And I won’t even get started on head buts and elbow punches.

On a different section of the Uniform Crime Report we see that bare hands and feet have been responsible for the death of 4,028 people since 2007. To give you some idea of scale, that makes fists and feet a more popular instrument of lethal criminal violence than rifles and shotguns combined over the same period of time.

Read it & weep, morons, ignoramuses and the generally dishonest.

1. Rhonda on July 25, 2013 at 14:53

Thanks for the fist/punching article. I learned a helluva lot.

A few weeks ago, Howard Stern had Mike Tyson on his radio show, and Tyson talked about hitting someone, throwing a punch, not in the ring, but in a street fight, and how exhausting it is, how it’s not like it is in the movies. Oh well, it kinda ties in with that article, but I’d need to listen to the show again to be sure. Nonetheless, thanks for your posts on this Zimmerman-Martin brouhaha.

2. Richard Nikoley on July 25, 2013 at 15:33

Rhonda, and note that boxers use heavily padded gloves, probably about an inch. It’s assumed this is protect that hands when in reality, it’s to protect both.

3. Contemplationist on July 25, 2013 at 19:13

Richard

I recall a few studies showing that the gloves actually increase fatality rates and they are probably there to decrease bleeding.

• Richard Nikoley on July 25, 2013 at 21:05

That’s too confounded, Cont. It’s supervised, officialed. Offhand, I’d guess that the primarly function of gloves are to protect hands so they can keep delivering blows, and just another confounder since they are far larger than a small fist and more easily defended against with training.

4. Remnant on July 25, 2013 at 22:29

On Stefan Molyneux from Wikipedia: “He is a self-described anarcho-capitalist and atheist. ”

So, why am I not surprised Richard likes this guy? 🙂

Seriously, very good find. His videos are good. I particularly liked the one where he responded to listener responses by reading out the response and then answering them, also on the Zimmerman-Martin situation. Will also look into his free books; he strikes me as a combination of Harry Browne meets Alex Jones.

5. Richard Nikoley on July 25, 2013 at 22:35

You can trust us non- conformist anarchists to always think conformingly alike? 🙂

See, you don’t need a state!

6. TJ the Grouch on July 26, 2013 at 04:27

As retired orthopedist, and boxer (not pro) in my youth, I have to chime in here. The reason for the “taping” and the gloves, initially thought to protect the recipient of the blow, turned out to be the ugly head of the law of unintended consequences. The limiting factor of force delivered by a fist is the strength of the 5th metacarpal (base of the little finger). Unprotected, with too hard of a blow it will break (“boxer’s fracture”) thus limiting the amount of energy delivered to the adversaries skull. Protected, that force can almost double, leading sometimes to death in the ring or soon thereafter. Remember that a long time ago boxing matches could last over a hundred rounds, no gloves to speak of and, to the best of my knowledge, no fatalities. That changed after the introduction of gloves.

7. Larcana on July 26, 2013 at 06:16

Thank you for the link it was most helpful as I had believed the media…foolishly.