Headline: “Stupid Party Caves Once Again to Evil Party”

What a “surprise.”

But evil always trumps stupid, and the thing about stupid is that it is what it does. No way around it, no way to fix it.

That is all.

1. Blank Reg on October 17, 2013 at 10:00

None of this was necessary, and only a distraction. Imagine if none of this had happened to begin with, they just raised the debt ceiling and went on with life. All eyes would be on the Obamacare launch FUBAR right now, and the Party of Stupid would have the high ground all the way through the 2014 election cycle. Now they’re back in a hole they dug for themselves. And the ACA nightmare will almost get a free pass.

2. Richard Nikoley on October 17, 2013 at 10:47

“None of this was necessary”

Perhaps not, in terms of political strategy and maneuvering. Why do you think I’ve all called them the Stupid Party since handed the keys to the kingdom in the 1994 utter rout and then just squandered even the ability to present a measurable difference?

Nope. Dime’s worth is all they want. They want to be re-elected. That sums it up.

The USA ought just file for Bankruptcy in the international court (never been done, they’d have to work that out), liquidate Federal lands to title in the name of China, and see how things shake out.

Wouldn’t that be a hoot to watch, especially from the Stupid Party?

3. marie on October 17, 2013 at 14:49

Meh, can’t tell the difference between them, stupid and evil both.

There is no moral high-ground that makes one ‘just’ stupid, is there?
    I was thinking that supporting the state-protected rule by Capital (in-your-face tyranny) is as evil as supporting the state-protected illusion of a rule by Labor (white-glove tyranny), isn’t it?
    [Of course I don’t mean ‘capital’ alone, nor labor alone for that matter – the enforced state-protection is what reduces either of these things to being abusive and evil].

Historically you see the evils on either/all sides, in fact, the abuses of state-aristocracy and state-capital are what caused the democratic and/or socialist reactions…..which only ever succeeded in changing the gang power.
    Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose, n’est pas?

4. Richard Nikoley on October 17, 2013 at 15:49

“There is no moral high-ground that makes one ‘just’ stupid, is there?”

Laf. I actually wish there was. “Sorry, it’s not our fault. We’re just too stupid.”

Marie, you’re getting “blinded by science” again (which is to say, excruciating technicality over seeing the larger picture). I’m not sure why you’re implying a distinction between capital and labor vis-a-vis D & R that I didn’t make.

Anyway, those terms aren’t intended to be wholly cognitive. It’s rather like calling someone “silly.” it’s just an apt term that applies to a certain context. And if I call someone else “wise,” doesn’t mean they can’t be silly too, or silly people can’t be wise.

Anyway, the Ds are always evil, with zero relent ever. The Rs, some, at least have some good pragmatic ideas sometimes for actually reducing the size & scope of government. But every time they ever have an opportunity to put their foot down no matter what, they cave.

But really, none of it matters. This is merely to illustrate the utter pointlessness and hopelessness of political activism.

5. marie on October 17, 2013 at 17:40

Nope, not really missing the forest for the trees, because when you start talking differences between them, you are talking about the trees.

Agree on the Ds are always evil, just disagree that the Rs, even a few of them, “have some good pragmatic ideas” re.scope of government.
    Of course, that may be because I am more jaded than you 🙂

Yes, none of it matters.
    Not even the terms they use to accuse each other with (such as, capital/ labor – that’s all I meant to imply, btw, that they try to make some sort of economic distinction between themselves). Nor does it matter what terms t hey use for the more likable interest groups they profess to champion (such as, ‘small business’/’workers’).
    All these terms just obfuscate the fact the parties are identical, they use age-old identical means toward an identical goal – they are just different colored engines used to concentrate power.
    So yeah, utter pointlessness of “political” activism.

Meanwhile, blinded by the light (or, “science as a candle in the dark” ) 😀 :

6. Jake Braekes on October 18, 2013 at 06:23

The only way out is to re-radicalize those in the population who understand Federalism. The US Constitution leaves us a way to return the power to the states, thanks to George Mason. We do this through proposal of amendments to the US Constitution that ORIGINATE in the states and not in the Federal Congress. The amendments can correct by law the excesses of the four branches of the federal government, the executive, the legislative, the judicial and the bureauocratic. For further info, I suggest reading “The Liberty Amendments,” by Mark R. Levin. Here is where stupid and evil can be trumped.

7. Kayumochi on October 18, 2013 at 06:47

Big Money trumps both Evil and Stupid.

8. Richard Nikoley on October 18, 2013 at 07:14

Jake, I think the 200+ history of the US Constitution pretty much mirrors the 2000 year history of the Bible.

Neither is worth a shit in preventing sin.

9. Joshua on October 18, 2013 at 08:20

Kayumochi – Big Money is way better than Big Influence. It’s easier to make money than it is to gain influence. Neither one would matter if the state was less intrusive. The state is always corrupt because power over others attracts corruption. ALWAYS. Less power over others = less corruption, and the corruption left matters less.

The sad thing is that Ds and Rs have WAY more in common than they have different in the grand scheme of things. They both have a rock solid hard-on for telling other people what to do. They have ever so slightly different styles of implementing that desire, but in the end the result is much the same. Hence, we are suffering under the 4th term of George Bush.

10. Kayumochi on October 18, 2013 at 08:24

Big Money is Big Influence. Just look at the governor’s race in Virginia.

11. Richard Nikoley on October 18, 2013 at 08:47

“when you start talking differences between them, you are talking about the trees”

Yes, but it depends upon whether you are talking about concrete attributes or metaphorical ones. I’m talking about the latter and you, the former.

The map is not the territory.

12. Jake Braekes on October 18, 2013 at 12:00

Richard, nothing prevents sin except dying and going to whatever you consider heaven, so unless you plan to kill yourself you’ve got to live some place and somehow, so stop bitching and moaning about human nature and do something. Or don’t. It’s your life. Any pussy can do nothing.

13. Richard Nikoley on October 18, 2013 at 13:08

Jake

Oh, please. I’ll extend you a single dispensation. Go look at the top of the blog.

14. Joshua on October 18, 2013 at 13:52

Kayumochi, I don’t know if you ignored my point or I’m a bad communicator. Maybe both/other.

Briefly – in situations where they have successfully “driven money out of the election process” there is still corruption, and the benefactors of that corruption are the pre-existing sources of power. The good ‘ol boys’ network if you will. If money is a part of the election process, then it doesn’t matter who you know, all that matters is the dough, and money doesn’t care about your race or your gender or your nationality or your politics or who you like to fuck. Money is a great equalizer.

“Big money” is still a negative influence on the US, but as long as you’re going to have a state, I prefer the influence of big money to the good ol’ boy’s network.

15. Jake Braekes on October 18, 2013 at 16:06

Yeah, political activism is useless when you are depending on the state of the current political animals, who are creatures of all that DC offers.

Thanks for my one special dispensation, so I’ll give you one too.

So, besides giving up, what is your plan? No plan? Go along, get along? Buy an island? Feed all politicians denuded bread until they can’t move to vote? What? I mean, educate me: do you plan on living in society or not? If not, I understand your position. If so, I don’t.

All I’m saying is that unless a person has more money than god they can’t buy what they want from either the Evil or Stupid party, and no matter who sets up shop in whatever lands there are laws, official and unofficial. The US Constitution never stopped a soul from sinning, but did provide the opportunity for many to become saints due to their own effort, so it may ineffectual now, but there is a way to repair it, by wrestling back control from the Beast in DC.

So, now that I’ve sinned again, well, tough shit. I said what I had to say. You can ban me if you want.

16. Richard Nikoley on October 21, 2013 at 08:26

“what is your plan?”

To focus on the life I _can_ live, not the one I can’t or could.

For example: