Kelly Thomas: RIP, Man. You Were Dealt an Injustice By God, And Then By His Children

Juxtaposition.

Kelly Thomas
Kelly Thomas Before & After

By all accounts, Kelly was indeed a broken or at least, very troubled individual. The Wikipedia page—which is a decent source for this sort of thing due perpetual updating and permalink management—puts it like this:

Kelly Thomas (April 5, 1974 – July 10, 2011) was a man diagnosed with schizophrenia who lived on the streets of Fullerton, California. He died five days after an altercation with members of the Fullerton Police Department on July 5, 2011. Thomas was taken to St. Jude Medical Center before being transferred to the UC Irvine Medical Center, where he was comatose on arrival and not expected to recover. He never regained consciousness, and died on July 10, 2011. [2] [3]

Medical records show that bones in his face were broken and he choked on his own blood.[4] The coroner concluded that compression of the thorax made it impossible for Thomas to breathe normally and deprived his brain of oxygen.[5] His parents removed him from life support five days later, and he died from his injuries on July 10, 2011.[6] Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of involuntary manslaughter; Corporal Jay Cicinelli and Officer Joseph Wolfe were each charged with one count of felony involuntary manslaughter and one count of excessive force.[5][7][8] All three of the accused pleaded not guilty.

So by now, you realize there was a proximate cause to the before and after pic I posted. Kelly Thomas was surely living a high risk life on the streets. Surely, that before & after could have been caused by other street folks, or people who make their livelihood there in the turn between who’s doing whatever they do to stay alive in that particular manifestation of the concrete jungle.

But in fact, though it could have happened like that—indeed far more likely than to you in your comfy home with 2 cars in the garage and 2.5 kids upstairs on their iPads—it happened at the hands of Police that are generally though to be those who protect you from those foregoing potential risks. …Or so the comforting story goes.

Do you have the stomach to see an 8-minute compilation with commentary (here’s the full 34 minutes)? You don’t actually have to watch very much. Actually, just a few seconds.

To taste the ocean needs only a single drop.Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Well, that’s ironic, isn’t it? …I mean, even if you’re a diehard American, police, Thin-Blue-Line fan, a hearter of all that’s military and “adventurous” around the world—either or both—you do always kinda hold to the notion—however “accidentally” wrong might be outcomes, in fact, sometimes—that the aim is, in general, to Protect and Serve?

Am I right? Do I have your premise generally correct?

Ok, then how come these foxes have been on their defense, and lawyered up, for nearly three years?

fullertoncops
Jay Cicinelli and Manuel Ramos – Pillars of Fullerton, CA

I’ll tell you why.

They’ve been on the defense and lawyered up for almost three years simply because some foxes—even those in league with alpha foxes—couldn’t stomach what was going on in the hen house the betas guard for regular, measured and carful predation for advancement in the fox ranks. While foxes guarding henhouses is almost always to the general wing-flapping enthusiasm of hens who get to cluck, peck and scratch every 2 to 4 years; sometimes, it goes beyond the pale. No use in risking even pathetically dumb hens coming to understand the craftiness of even the lowliest foxes. Alpha predators understand this the most.

The difficulty in designing food lockers in Yosemite is that we’ve found there to be a significant overlap between the smartest bears and the dumbest humans.A Park Ranger

But the foxes—even with the best of intentions from dissenting beta foxes and a single alpha fox stepping in—couldn’t put on a good enough henhouse-guarding show. In the end, 12 hand plucked hens side with the crafty meta-alpha-foxes. See, 12 hens, generally selected from the privileged hens (2 fowl-mobiles, 2.5 chicks on henPads, Chick-Fi throughout the coup), don’t care much for wayward hens; you know, those who don’t cluck on queue, perfectly right, go and do what they want…so on & stuff. Those hens who march to their own Chicken God are a general annoyance, anyway. They cluck—and might even pluck and scratch—weirdly, when you walk by. They just don’t fit in.

They’re just henraff.

In the end, it’s as though the foxes are too crafty for their own good. The two beta foxes—Jay Cicinelli and Manuel Ramos—were left to the hens with with good riddance but are now back roaming free as fowl; one, so far, seeking to get his foxy job back.

They; that is, Jay Cicinelli and Manuel Ramos, were found not guilty of all charges on Monday, by a jury. It’s purported to have been a jury of their peers. Well, that’s certainly possible. How connected are the jurors, personally, to the small Fullerton government in various ways and if not directly, via friends and family? Or, was it just a further manifestation of hens letting their favorite foxes off the hook? Or, are the homeless asking for spare change annoying them a bit to much?

I don’t know, but there’s a chilling element to it. This enters dangerous social ground. Observe that you can’t even get a conviction with nauseating video evidence that isn’t even disputed on raw facts—these two guys beat the guy to a pulp, he died as direct result. It all turns on foxworthy legal technicalities and instructions to hens clucking as jurors. Police are trained to keep saying “stop resisting” when they’re beating a face to a pulp, such that every punch is defensible on the grounds of “resistance” when hands go involuntarily up to protect your face or other stuff that’s kinda essential to you life.

…Or, when being jolted by 1/2 million Taser volts at low current, convulsing, and just a bit too preoccupied to obey orders. And where not obeying any order constitutes a valid henfense for anything done thereafter, at foxy discretion.

And so on.

…I kinda have a deeper understanding of the Rodney King Riots of ’92, now. At the time, I thought it was over the top (some surely was, on individual levels). What I didn’t realize is that the video of the beating was such a lottery ticket (I saw it on French TV, at the time).

Now, I realize it was but a mere taste of the Ocean.

This stuff has been going on for millennia. Yes, thousands of years.

Now, you get to see it every day, and there are dozens of examples almost every day. I could post a dozen new atrocities everyday, captures by average folks who are there on the scene doing their part. Keep your phonecam handy out there, folks

Or don’t worry, be happy, hens. You’ve still got your 2 fowl-mobiles in the garage, 2.5 chicks in the rafters, and life is good. You have “protectors,” and who ends up as soup vs. a molting life of bliss turns on statistics and your ability to look just like every other hen…to foxes.

All you have to concern yourself with is that they go after anyone but you.

1. CDLXI on January 16, 2014 at 15:20

Jay Cicinelli and Manuel Ramos need their asses beat just like they beat Kelly Thomas and their bodies dumped at Fullerton city hall. I lived just a couple of cities away from there when the beating to death happened and was sickened by how most of the city officials tried to cover it up, down play the facts , and protect those assholes.

• Richard Nikoley on January 16, 2014 at 16:02

CDLXI

You left out 12 hens. Same thing. Plus, that’s like 14 new places to take a piss, right?

2. Kati on January 16, 2014 at 16:04

That makes me sick and breaks my heart. I have a brother in jail right now and I know that he’s been treated unfairly (was put there by psychotic baby momma lying to police- here in NE the law is always on the side of women, even those who beat men and lie about it). I hope nothing like that happens where he is.

• Richard Nikoley on January 16, 2014 at 16:56

A broken heart is a good one, Kati.

3. gabriella kadar on January 16, 2014 at 17:23

Disgusting and disgraceful.

In Toronto the cops just shoot mentally disturbed individuals and then taser their corpses for good measure. Cops need to have drug testing done on them. I’ve had my own run in with the anger management deprived hopped up pool hall bully whose girlfriend denied him a blow job………or something like that.

4. Martha on January 16, 2014 at 18:00

For a second I couldn’t understand what I was seeing, because today I had also seen a picture of a child that had been at a wedding party which had been hit by one of our drones in Afghanistan, or was it Pakistan? The child was burned to a crisp on his face, hands and legs. I had always avoided looking at these types of pictures, but today, I felt maybe it was time to look at what my income tax payments were doing to others, in the hands of my government. To me, these two sets of pictures are directly linked. I am disgusted, also.

5. Peter on January 16, 2014 at 18:51

I shared a story with you last time you brought up a disgusting case of police brutality, about my friend with an intellectual disability. The abuse continues, as the police have refused to drop felony charges of resisting arrest and assault. This was all total bullshit, as he’s gentle as a lamb. He didn’t have the benefit of it being on video.

Since my last comment, he’s spiraled downhill, losing his job of 28 years in a supermarket, because of absenteeism. Recently, he had a complete breakdown, spending a week in a psychiatric hospital. He’s never had a history of psychiatric problems in the past.

Damn those police officers who stole this man’s life away. I wish there was a hell that they could rot away in forever.

6. Resurgent on January 16, 2014 at 19:23

…Early signs of a decaying society (empire)…!!

7. Dr. Curmudgeon Gee on January 16, 2014 at 23:33

are the thugs acquitted?
    unbelievable.

• Richard Nikoley on January 17, 2014 at 06:34

Yep, DCG, full acquittal. Couldn’t even get them on “excessive force.” Wonder how many of those Orange County jurors were God fearing, police & military loving Republican conservatives.

For me, it’s so damn over the top that my rage turned to cold rage, which is why this didn’t get my typical treatment.

At this point, beyond outright civil war styled violence, I think the thing to do it to make an oath to yourself to never voluntarily associate or socialize with any elected official or anyone who works on any level of law enforcement. Just politely tell them you can’t associate with them, why, and excuse yourself.

They need to be ostracized and made social pariahs.

Give public defenders and criminal defense attorneys a pat on the back. Extend dispensation to other government employees not elected, and not employed by any level of law enforcement.

8. Dr. Curmudgeon Gee on January 17, 2014 at 08:57

so the 3 thugs went back to protect the sheep.

too bad Thomas was white & male & + had such an anglo name. head thug sounds + look properly non-anlo.

9. shtove on January 17, 2014 at 17:58

Terrible. Like the images from Abu Ghraib.

Always reluctant to second guess a jury verdict because the media never comes close to showing the evidence they saw.

But if the jury went all “USA! USA!” after seeing these pictures, maybe it’s an example of the just world fallacy – the victim deserved it because the perpetrator is right.

• Richard Nikoley on January 18, 2014 at 07:58

shtove

It’s in the judges instructions to the jury, basically: resistance is futile. In other words, it is the law that even when being taxed or beaten literally to death, you can offer zero resistance or defense. Doing so absolves the cops of any wrongdoing.

Such laws could be challenged under the 8th Amendment (Cruel and Unusual Punishments), as logically, it’s roughly equivalent to the old test for heretics where when tossed in the lake with a weight stopped to them, unless they didn’t sink to the bottom, they were guilty.

• shtove on January 20, 2014 at 11:18

Couldn’t find the judge’s instructions.

Link, anyone?

10. Natasha on January 17, 2014 at 18:47

Disgusting pigs. No other words for these sadistic swine. They even look like degenerates. If I did not read the story, and only saw the pictures of the two pigs and their victim before they murdered him, I’d think Mr. Thomas is perfectly normal, and the two pigs are the ones with severe mental disorders.
    Sometimes I think the police departments purposefully select sociopaths and sadists to “protect and serve the SHIT out of you”.

11. SteveRN on January 18, 2014 at 00:05

I wonder if the real problem is us. I kind of feel that a lot, not all, but a lot, of people, given power and control, authority over others, are going to abuse it, at least part of the time. I think it is in our nature, to a certain extent. And the job of a cop is eventually going to give almost anyone a “us against them” type of attitude. But society sets up the job to be that way, people want the hard job of protecting themselves and their family’s farmed out, either so they can do more productive things, or just to keep from getting their own hands dirty, taking the inherent risks of the job. I am not saying this to excuse what the thugs did. I am saying this to point out that society holds some of the blame, the same ones who do not want me to have a gun in my home, but want to give all that responsibility to the police, want the government to do whatever it takes to keep them safe from the 1 in a billion chance of dying in some kind of terrorist attack. Give someone power, they are going to use it. Eventually against you. If society as a whole took more responsibility for looking out for you and yours, bullies like this would not have the means or authority to do this and get away with it. My initial thoughts, anyway.

12. Woodchuck Pirate on January 18, 2014 at 14:59

SteveRN,

There is no collective answer, as collectivism is the cause.

In an infinite truth all things will happen, because all things can happen. Gross distortions of reason (such as the mixed economy model) have severe consequences in the real world. One of these consequences is the fiscal insolvency of these pigs’ (and all gov’t employee) pensions per their corrupt collectivist demands. They will not escape. Their hierarchical masters have designs on their genocide. They’ll shed their costumes swiftly when the money dries up, but they won’t be able to hide. Larger animals than they are hunted down with precision. No self respecting anarchist would lift a finger to impede their elimination. And anarchy will be the only hope for anyone looking for help. Here’s a tip, get out of the herd.

“Let the dying bury the dead.” – Amebix

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

13. Richard Nikoley on January 18, 2014 at 15:14

“No self respecting anarchist would lift a finger to impede their elimination.”

That’s anarchy: Or, if you want me to lift a finger to help you or your values, then ask nicely. Accept my answer unequivocally.

14. sasha on January 19, 2014 at 08:20

Check out the case of robert Leone . much worse than Rodney king. Still no resolution.

Summary of video:
    Dashcam of BRUTAL beatings by cops after stopping the wrong man. Pennsylvania State Police pursued Robert for a MINOR traffic violation that he apparently DID NOT commit. While Robert was detained he was nearly killed by the police while they executed their form of street justice. He suffered through 11 hours of multiple beatings. He was tasered at least 10 times. He was also chemically maced. He spent more than 2 1/2 years in JAIL. Robert was charged with felony assault on a police officer because the officer broke his hand when he punched Robert in the head with his fist while he was being detained! This is part of a BIGGER story of police brutality, corruption, and official coverup throughout the Pennsylvania judicial system. This video is chapter one of this story – visit http://worsethanrodneyking.com to watch this story unfold and to participate in the discussion.

After I released this video it quickly went viral. The reaction to this video has been a public firestorm of protests and demands for investigations – and yet the police involved are still on the street. They have NOT been punished in any way. Sadly, not a single politician has taken a stand by publicly speaking up.

15. Mark Norris on September 1, 2014 at 15:54

I started out as a “peace officer” in the late 80s.That was the oath I took, “peace officer”. I soon realized that the police were headed into being “law enforcement”. This change in terminology, coupled with “DWI checkpoints”, negated my oath to uphold the Constitution. Violating many of the amendments I swore to uphold. I bowed out and decided to uphold liberty unencumbered by “official” status. BTW, the flags on our uniforms flew in the “right” direction also.