Micro-Social Medical Insurance and Helping Out One of Our Own

Woman, a PhD biologist, raises over $21,000 in a few days for her husband’s uncovered brain cancer care. Interested? Then read on.

I got an email yesterday.

This is interesting (but sad). Monica, who is a PhD in biology…is doing some amazing Internet research to find out about her husband’s cancer to help to help him…

08697577 5d3e 4f72 9794 6bd83b6b3074 profile
Robb & Monica

When I clicked the link he included and saw the pic, I said to myself, “I know that Monica-sweetheart;” and it’s for a long time, now (back to 2007). Rest assured; she’s been duly—though lovingly—scolded for not coming to me to ask how I might help in her time of need.

Sports fans: she has contributed no less than 250 times to the Commentsphere on this very blog that enriches—or just plain fixes—the posts I write. Most notably, this PhD biologist—who specializes in mycology (mold, basically)—smelled a moldy rat, just like I did, in all that media-hype a while back over various McDonald’s products that don’t spoil.

In a series of YouTube videos, she demonstrated that all you need is what’s floating in the air around you, and moisture, then anything goes moldy. She told me in an email: “you can grow mold on polycarbonate, if the conditions are right.” Do you really have to ask why, in all of those breathless media reports of people hauling out desiccated McDonald’s meals, that they don’t consult with an actual mold scientist? She was amused as she did those videos I watched.

Monica ruined the whole damn story. I bring that up only to demonstrate that she has a skeptical mind and is worth a hearing out.

While Monica is skeptical, she’s also of open mind in a veritable balancing act between conventional medical practice and conspiracy theory holistic scientism. On the one hand, you’ve got a food, drug, medical and State establishment that’s top-down command-and-control for the chief purpose of protecting and enhancing the food, drug, medical and State establishment that throws a prosecutorial bone to teh peopolzez incrementally—such that they’re foolishly assured it’s their interests that are the top priority, and the moonezez and sooper-duper pow3rz don’t matter.

On the other hand, you’ve got whackjobs galore, from every insane corner.

But, has anything been left on the table by either side…either dismissed by the former as unprofitable, or by the latter as unDogly, or unnaturalz?

I think she’s fully competent to try to sort that out, and she has the biggest motivation to do so that anyone can experience in a lifetime beyond saving their own life: trying to save the life of a loved one; a one that’s a piece of you.

I’ve kept you in suspense long enough. Here’s Robb & Monica’s story: A Road Less Traveled – Robb’s Journey to Wellness. I’m not going to excerpt. Either you read the story or you don’t, and this was just another of Richard’s blog posts for you. That’s fine, and I know Monica would say the same. Your choice.

It’s a story of a brain cancer considered incurable in America, 2 months to live—‘we’ll use some stuff to extend you a few months, keep you comfortable’…opioids are off the table though; we have a drug war, and the religious right’s vote is essential. Y’know, the “intention to treat” collectivist catechism (eggs. omelets. break a few. expendables. good of society at the expense of its unlucky individuals…that sort of thing).

Only thing is, there are some long-term survivors of this particular cancer (glioblastoma multiform—GBM) highly correlated with those who do their own research…though not in numbers that would interest a patent filer—the very first thing that gets done in order to enjoy a State-force-backed monopoly on revenues.

I turn your attention to such survival results backed only by such spurious, non randomized correlations—of the sort that will never pass muster with the National Institute of Health. Because of what Monica aims to do in light of her own personal research into what might be viable sans bias—as time is short, resources precious and limited—she’s estimating it will cost about $50,000. Insurance covers none of it—though I’m sure standard pain killers—no opioids though—will be covered for 2 months to whenever.

Thanks, Ocommie! …I mean, since it’s one for all and all for one, right?

…While I would hate it for Monica’s love to stand as an example for what could or might be while not around to enjoy it: this is the future. It is, unless humanity isn’t even worth saving, and someone ought just hit the reset button and try again.

We are social animals. As much as it pained Monica to ask for money from others, she had that potential scorn to weigh against the love of her husband. Add to that, most everyone is conditioned in the collectivist way, which I’ll state without euphemism: just let the government steal it. They know how, and from whom to steal, as stock in trade; or, as mere “Statecraft,” so called. Maybe you’ll get lucky in all the complexity.

The codes for stealing just right amass volumes. Whole billion-dollar industries of tax attorneys and tax accountants—and now, software companies—are built around stealing by a precise code that gets more complex every year, such that “professionalism” is necessarily baked in the cake. It even comes replete with clever penalties for technically stealing wrong, or being stolen from—such as to make stealing and being stolen from so complex as to not even imagine it’s not “just…right.” And no extra charge, so long as you don’t fuck it up. The penalties are usually “minor,” though. It’s like a parking or traffic ticket, when you weren’t hurting anyone.

She’s raised a hefty $21,000 in days, plus hundreds.

So first, I’ll ask you: How can that possibly be, on the veritable eve of balloons falling in a stadium over what a wonderful success Ocommiecare is? Do you doubt that balloons will eventually fall in a stadium over it, in spite of the fact that an administration with billions of stolen or just printed dollars at its disposal can’t even create a functioning website for just Americans that the international Amazon.com wouldn’t just laf at? And this, from a nation that quelled Nouveau Industrial Adventures in the 1940s worldwide?

Well, I digress, and Monica doesn’t want stolen money anyway. She needs some money freely given though, from friends, family and the extended who care. In return, she vows to make everything she has found out public, and for wide publication. And so, you give because you just care, or because it’s important to me and I asked (I’ll be hitting the PayPal too). Or, if that doesn’t do it for you, what if she learns something?

Remember what her skills and abilities are, combined with her motivation. We all want medicine to advance, but would you rather give it to someone who’s going to spend 90% of it on advertising for their State-monoly-patented formula that won approval by your masters, or have 100% of it go to midnight-oil Googling and researching by a PhD biologist with all the skin she has to give in the game? Would you rather it go to 2-martini lunches with knowing winks, nods and huckster handshakes, or to someone for whom it’s literally a matter of life & death; and, uh, she knows what she’s doing?

I know, you have no choice but to “give” to the former, while having complete choice to ignore the latter. It’s tantamount to double taxation. But I’m of a mind that the only way to tame this beast is to become micro-socialists. In whatever way you connect with someone, wherever, it’s that that is your value, the value that you wish to promote. Family. Friends. Friends and family of friends and family. Commenters on a blog you read regularly.

Or from wherever your heart gets nicked.

…Imagine a world where we could all purchase catastrophic insurance plans for cheap. Depending on your personal circumstances, could be 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,000 dollars or more you have to pay out-of-pocket in any given 12 months, before insurance kicked in a dime; but then it pays 100% to the death. Think about it. Simple. Ought to go on one form that only fills half of an 8×11. Suppose lots of people do it, it’s competitive cheap, insurance companies make billions, and we shut our envious faces and clap about it.

And perhaps in that world, insurance companies would be far more open to anything that might work: crowdsourcing, alternative therapies, plausibility…things that just work without a full understanding as to why. Maybe, they’d even lobby to make it such that Monica and Robb wouldn’t have to cross the border from The Land of the Free to one of those Dog Forsaken countries just to obtain an experimental therapy they’ve deemed worth their risk, given the urgency of a crisis that means everything to them, but nothing to a hierarchy of power and influence.

Let’s go bottom line.

1. Please give something. Even if it’s good for coffee during a layover, it’s comfort for them. Lots of small donations are as little valentines and will be appreciated. Please. Just do it.
  2. If you have comfortable means, then consider something along the lines of what you can see in the list of donations. Average $100 is pretty common. Remember that we’re going to receive all information from this, success or fail.
  3. If you are of important means, then well, you already know. Please think hard and search your soul. I know it’s cool to give to illustrious foundations where the rich give to the rich. How about a micro-foundation, where the rich give to the super competent and hungry?
  4. If you are a medical professional or otherwise have specific knowledge in these areas, and wish to help, I can get you in touch with Monica.

Monica will monitor comments and I’m sure, will be willing to look into any ideas she hasn’t already looked into, should you suggest them. Understand, she is on a life-saving mission that the American Land of the Free medical establishment has rendered hopeless per statistics, and profit and loss statements. It’s open only for to-be-journaled studies by players with millions, or drug companies vying for a patent-monopoly, backed by hundreds of millions. So, dozens of players on one hand, a handful on the other.

Just few real players makes it nice and tidy in any centralization scheme.

Please consider helping Monica and Robb.

1. matt h on February 4, 2014 at 20:55

Best of luck Monica and Robb; many people pulling for you. Brain cancer, which took my Dad, is nasty and needs a full-on, smart fight like you two are giving it.

Peter Attia, today, writes about the ‘metabolic quirk of cancer’: loves its glucose, can’t thrive without it.

Perhaps there is something in the list of papers / sources at the end of Attia’s post that might help you:

2. hdob on February 4, 2014 at 21:10

Just today read this in the comments at Peter Attia’s blog:

Sidney Phillips February 4, 2014
    Great article. What have you heard about the link between Glioblastoma Multiforme and active CMV infection? Life Extension foundation has published an interesting article about the link between CMV and Glioblastoma Multiforme. For those patients who have GM and CMV, taking the CMV drug Valganciclovir extended life considerably:

(reply)
    Peter Attia February 4, 2014
    Hmmm, not sure how I missed this in NEJM. Will check out. Seems interesting.

3. meera on February 4, 2014 at 23:59

thanks for the link richard. inspired me to donate. hope they reach their target and can be successful

• Richard Nikoley on February 5, 2014 at 00:09

I should have probably mentioned this but it’s not all or nothing. They get every penny immediately via PayPal, no cut to anyone else. So, they’ve already received your donation.

I’ll have to emphasize that in an edit/update tomorrow.

4. Kate on February 5, 2014 at 05:05

Very interesting. Just donated. I hope they succeed. My father in law, a neurosurgeon, died from this particular cancer about ten years ago. He considered it a death sentence, only agreed to surgery to buy a little time to get his affairs in order.

5. Matthew on February 5, 2014 at 05:26

Richard you should do a post on cbd’s the non psycho actives in weed. A strain called Charlotte’s web is reducing seizures 100x in children w dravets syndrome. Serious medicine and yet it’s schedule 1 federally

6. Jay Booth on February 5, 2014 at 05:30

This is a great article and inspiring story. I thought I remembered reading/hearing something about a Dr. that was doing some GBM research and having some success; I can’t recall his name.

7. Marc on February 5, 2014 at 05:48

Thank you for bringing to our attention Richard.

So Burzynski is still helping people after all these years, (proof of concept?) and you have to leave the country to get the required protocols….grrrrrr.

Donation done.

Monica, best wishes on every possible front!

Marc

8. Wannabe Oncologist on February 5, 2014 at 06:56

Check out Novocure, novel therapy for GBM:

9. rs711 on February 5, 2014 at 08:01

Hi Monica,

First of all, I wish you & your husband the best of luck!

I would never suggest you take the time to look at something in your current situation if it didn’t at least warrant curiosity, plausibility & reason. I should say, though, that I haven’t read through Dr. Stanislaw Bruzynski’s published papers.

The idea is, targeted oncogene treatment (often in conjunction with chemotherapy) via antineoplastons.

“Pro”:

“Con”:

His clinical case reports of success treating gliobastoma’s (or GBMs) are indeed impressive, but they are often led by the proponent himself and are small sample sizes.

I’m an Msc student in Molecular Biochemistry, but am not yet sufficiently confident to claim validity or not of the biochemical principles underlying his treatment without dedicating at least a couple of days to it.

Considering the severity of what you & your husband are dealing with, I still think it’s worth looking into.

I am used to reading scientific papers and synthesising information, so if you have a peak and think further investigation is warranted then I’d be more than happy to help you dig deeper.

Again, best of luck to you both!

10. Bryan L on February 5, 2014 at 08:44

I’m in, although it was just at the coupla-coffees level. It was actually kind encouraging to go the donation website, and see other small donations. I felt I was in good company, and that my small contribution was not in any way out of line.

• Richard Nikoley on February 5, 2014 at 09:54

Thanks for ALL participation and rest assured that this is not asking for a sacrifice. Within means, helping one of our own.

So far, since this post wet up, almost $1,500 has been added. Amazing show of support. You folks are the best.

11. kayumochi on February 5, 2014 at 15:20

If anyone is interested you may want to google “Rick Simpson Oil.” Mr. Simpson has created an extremely pure oil from cannabis with the highest THC content possible and it is saving lives left and right … cancer patients even. Of course, this hero has been persecuted …

• Richard Nikoley on February 5, 2014 at 16:47

Wonder if there’s any epidemiology on long term regular marijuana users and cancer rates.

• Monica Hughes on February 24, 2014 at 18:50

I doubt it would be useful, since the therapeutic levels of cannabinoids you have to take to get rid of cancer are enormous: the equivalent of smoking 100 joints. I think people will find this tragic case study (because the girl died as a result of prior treatment damage) quite impressive.

12. rs711 on February 6, 2014 at 06:18

@RN

Last time I checked (~2 – 3 yrs ago) lung cancer rates were (statistically insignificantly) lower in cannabis users (i.e., no worries). It was all the more surprising considering that burned cannabis has many more cancerogenic compounds than tobacco! If I remember correctly, the study included the ‘European’ type smokers who mix tobacco in with their weed [but don’t quote me on this].

What I am pretty sure of however, is that the epidemiological rates of cancer, mental disorders and other ‘modern diseases’ don’t correlate well at all with cannabis use.

People have died from drinking too much water – there is no recorded death from cannabis, EVER.

This, in addition to its traditional medicinal usage and potential for selectively inducing cellular apoptosis, in vitro cellular ketogenesis (“The Stimulation of Ketogenesis by Cannabinoids in Cultured Astrocytes Defines Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase I as a New Ceramide-Activated Enzyme” DEFINITELY makes it a sane and reasonable option (spanning the gamut from annoying headaches to GBMs…)

• Richard Nikoley on February 6, 2014 at 08:21

rs711 The Euro smokers don’t mix cannabis herb with tobacco, but hashish. Don’t ask me how I know. 🙂

13. Rs711 on February 6, 2014 at 08:53

@RN
    Haha – actually, yeah, you’re right. Now I’ve got incontrovertible proof you’ve reealllyy been to France 🙂
    Funnily enough, recently the Frenchies/Moroccans/Algerians/Tunisians are consuming way more weed than before. Years ago, finding the sticky green was like hunting for a mythological buried treasure…in the woods…without a map…at night.

• Richard Nikoley on February 6, 2014 at 09:21

Never saw so much as a pipe bowl of herb in 2 years. Plenty of little “dark, earthy chocolate bars” though.

• Richard Nikoley on February 6, 2014 at 09:24

You can always tells who’s indulging. One or both of the little inside tabs on their box of smokes will be torn out.

• la Frite on February 12, 2014 at 03:09

I guess you guys have never been to Christiania in Copenhagen (Denmark) … hehe 😉

14. Marc on February 6, 2014 at 15:21

sorry..
    many smoke cannabis and tobacco….
    Richard, I do agree years ago weed was not easy to find in other parts of Europe except for Holland. It’s everywhere now though.

As to the little tabs on their box of smokes missing… priceless!

In regards to my feelings about smokie smoke. It really is medicine. Dose makes the poison for sure in my opinion! Big believer in occasional usage with great benefits, especially muscoskeletal.

Marc

• Richard Nikoley on February 6, 2014 at 22:44

Marc, my experience is 1990-1992. Zero herb. I hope it hasn’t changed much, though. That lighter on the brick, that crumble and mix of the hash and tobacco, then tearing off the tab to make the tube, then rolling it all up–often enough in a 2 zig-zag artistry–was a social experience in everything from just getting together to amazing intimacy.

I’ll never forget the freedom of it.

15. mehitabel on February 6, 2014 at 16:43

just note…best of luck to monica and robb. Please be coldly dispassionate and read rs711’s links about burzynski. I’d get ketotic, read seyfried and attia above, and be less quick to run from conventional medicine. They have a dye now that will fluoresce brain cancer. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/234614.php

ron

16. Monica Hughes on February 16, 2014 at 23:59

Hi everyone — it’s Monica. I’d like to thank Richard for making this post, and all of you — very belatedly — for your thoughts and donations. I’m going to post several links here. The first is from my husband, which will give you some idea why I married him: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robertlechevalier/journal/view/id/52f63bbea689b48d5973d62c

There’s one more in between, but here’s the most recent post on my take on treatments that can be done in the US, mostly legally: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robertlechevalier/journal/view/id/5301ab6aac7ee9c15f329765

I’ll post again soon on the treatments we’re pursuing outside US borders, probably tomorrow.

17. Monica Hughes on February 23, 2014 at 18:29
  18. Gemma on February 24, 2014 at 12:59

And here three radio podcasts about Coley’s toxins, no 751 with Polly Matzinger

19. Gemma on February 23, 2014 at 23:57

Dear Monica,
    I wish your husband and you all the luck on your way to health!

Thanks to your post I surfed through the documents you linked, especially the Gerson diet therapy and from there the Danger Model of immunity by Polly Matzinger, which explains the efficacy of Coley’s toxins in cancer treatment. For those more interested in the topic here a little background info already collected by a blogger Maia in the forum here:

especially interesting explanation in this 1997 BBC document Turned on by Danger

20. Gemma on February 24, 2014 at 04:25

… and as an explanation Dr. Matzinger provided this analogy of the difference between the old model of immunity (tolerance to self/attack on nonself) and her The Danger Model here (Richard might like it):

(…) Q. How does your Danger Model differ from the standard Self/Nonself Model of the immune system?

A. It isn’t really insurrectionary — it’s just a different way of looking at things. Let me use an analogy to explain it. Imagine a community in which the police accept anyone they met during elementary school and kill any new migrant. That’s the Self/Nonself Model.
    In the Danger Model, tourists and immigrants are accepted, until they start breaking windows. Only then, do the police move to eliminate them. In fact, it doesn’t matter if the window breaker is a foreigner or a member of the community. That kind of behavior is considered unacceptable, and the destructive individual is removed.
    The community police are the white blood cells of the immune system. The Self/Nonself Model says that they kill anything that enters the body after an early training period in which ”self” is learned.
    In the Danger Model, the police wander around, waiting for an alarm signaling that something is doing damage. If an immigrant enters without doing damage, the white cells simply continue to wander, and after a while, the harmless immigrant becomes part of the community. (…)

21. Monica Hughes on February 24, 2014 at 18:45

VERY cool. Thank you for sharing.

22. Gemma on February 25, 2014 at 01:39

Dear Monica,

not much else I can do to help you except sharing what I have found. Dr. Pollly Matzinger has written many articles, many behind a pay wall, but she travels around a lot and gives talks and explanations. Search youtube. I do not know if that helps you in the pursuit of the treatment. But it definitely helps to UNDERSTAND.

See this one (why it is difficult to kill a tumour, why it is necessary to keep boosting, what she has been telling to Steve Rosenberg and he would not listen etc.)

and this one (the immune response is tissue specific = should not damage the tissue)

Again all the best you need for both of you

23. Gemma on February 27, 2014 at 05:15

@Monica Hughes

Might be of interest to you (Danger Model and cancer, again)

24. Gemma on March 6, 2014 at 01:46

@Monica Hughes

I read your last post at Caring Bridge and hope you can blast it!

For later on, have you considered anti-cancer effects of exercise? Read for instance here by Doug McGuff: The amazing power of myokines.

And there is more at this blog for you to read, namely what the strength training is about.

25. Monica Hughes on March 7, 2014 at 12:27

Thanks, Gemma! Before Robb was diagnosed and things got crazy, we were actually doing a program very similar to SuperSlow. Robb is doing extremely well now, and the tumor is shrinking. I plan to get us both back on SuperSlow when we return home in 2 weeks. 🙂

Here is an update: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robertlechevalier/journal/view/id/53125c95a589b45c08afe47c

26. Gemma on March 11, 2014 at 01:09

Wonderful news, Monica!

Have you read this?

“Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have discovered that FDA-approved anti-psychotic drugs possess tumor-killing activity against the most aggressive form of primary brain cancer, glioblastoma.”

27. Gemma on March 17, 2014 at 02:16

Monica, I admire your critical thinking and courage to go against the mainstream. You have probably explored and read it all, but just in case, one more tip how to load the shotgun:

“diallyl trisulfide (DATS), a garlic compound, indicated significant anti-cancer effects in glioblastoma”

or here

28. Gemma on March 16, 2014 at 13:57

Hi Monica, did you say you might put your bet on DCA? I noticed something interesting here:

“The idea that lactic acid production is basically just a biological “screw up”, or maybe a failure to function as coherently as possible, the cell does the best it can under bad conditions. The presence of increased lactate in various conditions such as rosacea, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, neurological diseases and cancer might support this idea. It is now starting to be recognized that suppressing lactic acid production can be therapeutic, for example the use of DCA in cancer. DCA inhibits the production of lactic acid by cancer cells, restoring the activity of pyruvate dehydrogenase along with mitochondrial function and increasing apoptosis (Michelakis et al. 2010).”

29. Monica Hughes on March 16, 2014 at 14:05

That’s correct. He goes on and off of it, because he feels like it causes some neuropathy. (This is commonly reported.) After a few weeks of a high dose, he also experienced symptoms common in brain patients: mental spaciness, disorientation, light headedness, and balance problems. I took him off DCA for 2 weeks and recently put him back on at half the dose. We’ll see how it goes.

DCA is highly effective in cancers that are glycolytic. Doesn’t work so well for things like sarcomas, probably because those cancers use fatty acids just fine. All cancers are different in terms of the amount of mitochondrial dysfunction that is present.

You always need to have backups, though. Resistance has been noted to DCA (this can be dealt with in taking other drugs that prevent extrusion of DCA from the cell, though). I’m also considering things (if our current options stop working) such as Newcastle Disease Virus and blue scorpion venom. Probably my first fallback if DCA stops working is cannabis. Robb could never work up to therapeutic levels but if it was a life or death situation he could. He’s also making a Novocure-type device (he’s an electrical engineer… you can’t get this device outside of clinical trials).

30. Monica Hughes on March 16, 2014 at 14:09

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: One thing I can now say with confidence is that NO ONE WITH GLIOBLASTOMA should rely on the ketogenic diet as a way to stop their tumor. PERIOD. In the three weeks that Robb went from post-op (tumor not visible on MRI) to 3 weeks post-op, the tumor grew to 1.5 cm. All while on less than 70 g. carbs per day. He lost 10 lbs. during this time period and was at around the middle of the scale on ketostrips, so this has nothing to do with him not being ketogenic. Read the Seyfried papers carefully. The case study of the Italian woman required 600 calories a day IN COMBO with radiation. Severe caloric restriction is unsustainable. I don’t have a problem with people doing keto diets for their brain cancer, I have a huge problem with people being led to believe it’s a cure.

31. Monica Hughes on March 16, 2014 at 14:14

Also to be clear: it’s not Seyfried that’s claiming it’s a cure. It’s your average Joe who finds popular news reports and has not delved into Seyfried’s papers in detail. Several people have emailed me info about the keto diet, even though I gave them ample details describing how and why it didn’t work for us to stop Robb’s tumor growth. (There is unfortunately some very religious belief in the keto diet out there… that we must not have been doing it right, etc. NO.)

A combinatorial, systems approach is required. It’s the deadliest cancer on the planet. You’re not going to get rid of it with diet. Reason? You can’t lower your blood glucose to zero. Metabolic adjuncts are just that… adjuncts. There are many ways to skin a cat, but again, curing cancer requires a systems approach and not just slowing a tumor’s growth, you have to kill the cells. Lowering your glucose intake doesn’t do that.

32. Monica Hughes on March 17, 2014 at 09:59

I have indeed heard of that! The amounts used (if you convert the molar amounts to what would be required to be ingested and have a transient level the same as what they used) is very large. I have my calculations somewhere; it’s a very large amount of garlic essential oil. However, the cool thing is that treatments are synergistic. He is on about 2 dozen other anti-cancer supplements plus his clinical treatments. I will think again about adding garlic.

33. Gemma on March 20, 2014 at 13:14

Garlic: very strong antimicrobial too, won’t it contradict the Coley’s therapy? Perhaps you need to watch out for the timing.

And today’s news: Catastrophic vacuolisation of GBM cells?

34. Monica Hughes on March 21, 2014 at 14:00

Hmm… I can’t think of why it would interact negatively. Coley’s is a killed bacterial vaccine, the idea is simply to re-set the immune system by exposing it to PAMPs like lipopolysaccharide, etc.

Interesting news! I’ll have to file that in my “potential future therapies” file. I think the promise of small molecules either used for other purposes in the past, or not explored for new purposes yet, is generally very under-appreciated.

35. Gemma on March 22, 2014 at 12:21

Re Vacquinol-1 : It’s almost funny, looks like a very primitive weapon targeting Achilles heel. And the GBM cell with all its sophisticated machinery can’t find a defence?

Re Garlic: Interesting that the study on DATS in GBM cells can be traced back to 2007!

36. Gemma on April 8, 2014 at 01:37

Hi Monica, I hope you still monitor this comment page and that you don’t mind me posting here some more newly found tidbits:
    Gut microbiota and the paradox of cancer immunotherapy

37. Gemma on April 10, 2014 at 06:41

Okay. I’m linking this though I’m not sure if anybody can understand it. Or if it helps in treating brain cancer.
    Jack Kruse, March 2014: http://jackkruse.com/cpc-8-quantum-brain-cancer/