“Life is Ours, We Live it Our Way”

Typically, I use my Facebook to post my randomness, including a selfie now & then. Today wasn’t any different, in the joy of deleting 212 comments from someone who insists on being a disvalue to me; insists that I enjoy it, or tolerate it, or that I take her seriously because she has fingers. Those 212 comments go all the way back to August 11, 2009, four and a half years ago. All to the trash. Like that. Click. Type search term. Select all. Click delete. It was a delight, and none of her life draining sycodouche will ever see the FTA comment section again.

It’s not important, of course. What’s important is the meta-lessons one derives from such actions that, simply, occur to do and then get done instanter. So, I thought about a half second and wiped it all away—just as I did for the other one and her 800+ comments.

Then I Laf.

I’ve maybe listened to and watched this performance two dozen times in the last few days (old fav from Metallica; though, I’m not much of a general fan). It’s a wonderful source of inspiration and strength as I reengineer my life at 53, rooting out every little needless distraction in minutiae. I blogged about part of that just a couple of days ago. It’s a very small part, though. Religion, in itself, is minutiae. In a perfect Richard, He’d never even think of it in 2014, on Planet Earth.

The simple fact is, qua social animal, you need only a few good people in your life that add value to it. You need not a single worthless fuck that sucks value from it, distracting you from being as much of a value to yourself as you can be, primarily; and giving back value to those precious few, just as they have given to you.

Or, get up and go vote. Proudly wear a lapel sticker signifying that you got your 1-in-300 millionth say in your own affairs. Get agitated daily by the quotidien cable news stream, or any other equally worthless thing that doesn’t mean a fucking thing. Or, listen to all the worthless, life draining fucks that so admonish or shame you. They simply don’t matter.

Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
…Forever trusting who we are
No nothing else matters

99% of human problems boil down to an absence of self trust, combined with an obsessive compulsion to seek the approval of the very ones who’ll suck the life and joy out of you. It’s a recipe for failure and unhappiness. Detect it. Dump it. Let them fend for themselves. Hope they starve to death for the attention in the demolition they always seek, as building values is not their forte; that requires talent and conscience.

Resist paying attention to pip-sqeeks and clowns. Message.

Trust in who you are, but make sure and earn your own trust. Love & cherish those who understand.

High middle finger and a Laf to everything and everyone else.

That is truly all.

Update: Well, not quite all, because I immediately put in to practice what I’m preaching. Story here and here with pics.

1. gabriella kadar on March 22, 2014 at 16:24

Looking good Richard. Your buccal fat pads are gone. 🙂 You are looking more ruggedly manly.

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 16:48

Ha, wait until I get out the clippers and clip beard tomorrow.

I think it’s just more genetic. People have always said I resemble more my mom than my dad, and she has chipmunk cheeks too. It’s always funny how a fair amount of commenters bring that up when they want to get under my skin, as though I didn’t deal with it in 4th grade.

Fuck ’em. Then laf.

• gabriella kadar on March 22, 2014 at 18:00

Hm, I need a beard then.

2. LeonRover on March 22, 2014 at 16:50

Hmmm

Variant of “used asswipe”.

And would be the same with an extremely enlarge fistula.

A similar insult in my youth went: ” Yr not EVEN a cunt. A cunt is a useful thing.”

Also homophonic with psycho-

Oh, and I do recognise the surrogacy here.

OTOH, would Eddie Izzard or Oscar resist ?

Nor do Ah!

WildeRover

• LeonRover on March 22, 2014 at 17:03

PS The street synonym in Dublin & Belfast these days is “tout”.

3. bornagain on March 22, 2014 at 16:54

I made a decision for myself that is similar to yours about 10 years ago. Life has only gotten better since. At first I was admonished for my apparent selfishness but later on I found the calibre of friends and associates I attracted were amongst the best I could have imagined. Fools attract fools. Don’t behave like a fool.

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 16:57

Word, and I count my blessings for, as much a fool as I’ve acted from time to time, I still attracted awesome people. Ultimately, I got tired of embarrassing them.

4. Michael on March 22, 2014 at 16:56

Looking good for an obese diabetic cunt!

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 17:16

Ha! Micheal, you win My Internet for the day. Thanks, man.

5. Kate Berger on March 22, 2014 at 18:50

LOL

6. Ginger on March 23, 2014 at 05:17

You started a sentence with a number. I love that.

• Richard Nikoley on March 23, 2014 at 08:26

Ginger, with a percent sign no less, and IT LEADS OFF A PARAGRAPH!

🙂

7. Woodchuck Pirate on March 23, 2014 at 06:28

Richard,

A few like minded people throw more productive synergy into my life than an army of collectivists would ever want to. Back in 2006 I started telling folks “regarding the human race, I prefer the company of chickens”. They always assume I’m joking.

Late 2013 I decided that in 2014 I’d cut collectivists out of my living space. Who needs the betrayal? Tomorrow never comes, today will have to do. I’m done with their mess. Like you I have a theme song that captures my perception of walking away. It’s called “I Hate People” by the Anti-Nowhere League.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

8. steve g on March 23, 2014 at 07:52

Each of us is just one tiny cell in the organism called life, and we are trying to feel our way around with our inconceivably limited senses. We can’t sense most of the universe, but the part I can experience is fucking awesome now that I’ve stopped caring about a lot of shit. The less distracted I am, the more I sense from my tiny slice o’ reality. The more I align with who I am, the more I attract people that enhance my life. I’m continually amazed by what I am not cognizant of.

• Woodchuck Pirate on March 23, 2014 at 08:05

steve g,

1) There is no separateness.

2) Love does not imply pacifism.

3) Consciousness always manifests recognition of interconnectedness.

4) True self emerges as ego dies.

5) Life is existence, life is not an organism, existence is no”thing”.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Abundantlyjoyful on March 23, 2014 at 08:20

Lovely.

• Richard Nikoley on March 23, 2014 at 08:28

Steve g:

Here’s what I went and did shortly after posting this.

Now THAT’s the important stuff. The LIVING. No place I’d have rather been, no thing I’d rather have been doing.

9. steve g on March 23, 2014 at 08:54

It took a betrayal by a loved one to open my eyes. I used to be wrapped up in the way life should be that I didn’t enjoy the way life actually was. And it was due to my attempts to “control” life and avoid pain, much like my mom. But the betrayal taught me that suffering is a part of life and that it cant be avoided, so just enjoy your slice because its not always going to be there. For me, my ego was intertwined with the fear of being hurt by others. Once that fear disappeared, my ego started to fade away.

• Woodchuck Pirate on March 23, 2014 at 09:31

steve g,

Eckhart Tolle explains a distinction between pain and suffering. Tolle discusses suffering manifest from resistance, whereas accepting pain in the present moment allows one to access deeper consciousness. I’ve never found that concept proven wrong, however I have found personal capacity inadequate to accept some level(s) of pain. The human life-form is over-rated. Ego is a biological mechanism of the human brain. When an individual regains the original state of not mis-identifying with a story (ego) about who they are, the amazement of existence within the great mystery returns.

Welcome back… and of course watch your back.

“Get out of the road if you wanna grow old.” – Pink Floyd

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Richard Nikoley on March 23, 2014 at 10:44

Steve g:

In the loss over Rotor, I have gone to great lengths to convey to my devastated wife that embracing the sorrow, the pain is what makes life so very special.

There is no reconciliation. There is no way to correct the balance sheet on a loss like that. And that’s good, because if we are perceptive and live out life that’s ours, in our own way, who would care for reconciliation of a loss? No, you don’t reconcile it, you merely learn to live with it, understanding that nothing in the universe can magically change it from a loss to a gain and if I had more time to chew I think what I just wrote is the essential antagonism between the religious and the non.

Religion, is seems to me, sells the bogus idea that a devastating loss can somehow be explained, made right, even turned into a good thing they call “god’s will.”

• TR on March 23, 2014 at 12:07

Death as God’s will is indeed bogus. Religion can get slippery and subtlety start calling evil good. A reconciliation can settle, over time, into a peace in the heart. And that, is a brick leading to working together for good.

• Wilbur on March 24, 2014 at 12:47

Woodchuck –

Thank you for this reference. I never read stuff like Tolle’s, but for some reason I got the Kindle version. I have to slow myself down reading it.

• Woodchuck Pirate on March 24, 2014 at 13:04

Wilbur,

I do hope you enjoy Tolle’s work. I find his analysis of ego-misidentification at the root of all mankind’s suffering to be true. If one accepts that truth, then the magnitude of dysfunction to be overcome is clearly outside the utility of collective action. The answer is found only at the individual level. It follows that collective egos always seek to sacrifice individual to collective, lest they be cast aside in favor of enlightenment.

Have a very nice day.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Wilbur on March 24, 2014 at 14:44

Woodchuck –

A couple of hours ago, I’d have had no idea what you just said. I am only on page 19 of the book, and understand it and agree completely.

I am enjoying the work immensely. I bought the audio version so I could listen to it in the car while waiting. I was startled when I realized the thinker had disappeared while I simply absorbed the ideas. Freaky. I can see now that some of my less desirable traits are thoughts rooted in the past that are irrelevant to the present. What a wonderful insight Tolle had.

10. Abundantlyjoyful on March 23, 2014 at 09:12

steve g:

Once again, Lovely. Absolutely Lovely.

11. CB on March 23, 2014 at 20:53

Good riddance with regards to V. The gaping cock holster has been silenced for good. Well done Richard.

12. Maddieaddie on March 24, 2014 at 07:07

” you need only a few good people in your life that add value to it. You need not a single worthless fuck that sucks value from it”

Thank you. What a great addition to my morning meal! I like to think that as social animals we exist as individuals but also in continuously forming and reforming groups. When you flock with others, you are them and they are you. I much prefer good company to those who like to suck the life out of the room, because being around that, well we are part of it then.

13. Ginger on March 24, 2014 at 08:31

My friend and I had a great conversation (again) this morning. She’s very smart. She drops pearls, like, “People are either additive or subtractive. As soon as I figure someone out, I behave accordingly.” I never thought of it that way.

14. Todd on March 25, 2014 at 18:54

“What do you suppose will satisfy the Soul, except to walk free, and own no superior?” –Walt Whitman

A lot of good nuggets in this post/comments.

15. […] I simply have the self trust to do it my way, daily. Sorry if some lack the confidence to trust in themselves as much as I trust in me, 53 years and running. Not sorry if that bugs the living shit out of […]