Good Religion. But, I Still Want to Go to Hell

Good Religion:

554736 900044490025005 1273988216 n

A small handful of mind worms:

• Is there a God? No. Is there a god? Yes.
  • If you see The Budha, then kill him.
  • Is the Bible true? No. Is the Bible the truth? Yes.

They’re all basically equivalent, so up to you to connect the dots and figure out what I mean, metaphorically. You’re on your own, with the help of D’Lama, as quarterback. Fundamentalist Christians, Islamists, OT Jews will be totally lost, as they always are. Dumbest of the dumb literalists, just like 3-4 year olds, who wouldn’t understand metaphor if it knocked them out. I know; I grew up around them (the funnies) and they’re hopelessly stupid, strutting around in ignorant hubris, too, unaware of the fact. They’re dumber, more deep-Apalatia-ignornat and far more evil than…fuck. Trust me. …Eventually, I got over my embarrassment by association, and it’s just something I deal with for some family peace and what can pass for love, now. At the same time, there are elements of some individuals that I enjoy a lot. Life update. Is what is. But, I just do it while I kinda hate and loath it at the same time. Life update. I hope it’s mutual.

…I’ll digress. Further. I have female fiends from back in the teen-years-days, who were abused on levels—and I’ve been on the iPhone lately: so, fundamental Christianity is a bunch of limp, micro-dick “men,” afraid of AWESOME female sexuality, even as it was burgeoning. It’s really a complex sexuality that puts men to shame. Rather than embrace its awesomeness as a gift from God, they—Islamists, Christian Fundamentalists, and General Influence Seekers (I make no meaningless distinctions)—have chosen to set themselves up as authorities that other “men” will pussy to, in order to keep the masses of “offending” women in check.

But, we don’t do black Burkhas. There’s that.

My young life was a life of witnessing so-called men, afraid of women, setting in place circumstances to make women as dependent, subservient, and submissive as possible. My young life was an exercise in pussy study; only, I had to wait long to learn about real female pussy. That was once I’d had my fill of so-called men, the pussies of my youth. Thank God for a choice few women. I hope they know who they are, beginning in the early 80s. You sweethearts played it totally cool, logical, and real; by the cards, and in spite of my insuperability. I leaned a lot, and not just between your legs. More importantly, between your ears. I could have stayed broken. Instead, I learned of the wonder of females who haven’t the shame they’re somehow supposed to have. So thank you, all of you. I was so lucky, ladies, to have you save me, 30 years ago. By being Women.

…The propensity of men to suck cock of powerful men (like the nobodies who watch Fox, CNN, the Blaze all the time—sucking cock) is bad for women. Women want honest and forthright men who want them so bad they can’t help themselves. Pretty simple. But men prefer to suck the cocks of other, more powerful men who get the women they can’t. Is there a better explanation, Animals?

What drives men to be such utter pussies, undesirable by women? I mean, why wouldn’t any woman simply suck the cock that pussyboys themselves are so enamored of, rather than yours, “man?”

Let’s shift gears.

…Everyone ought to know a Buddhist, and a Hindu; or, hell with it: a few of each. Everyone ought deny themselves the hubris that’s rooted in the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic ways for a week, or two. A lifetime would be just fine. Everyone who likes going to church ought take one Sunday and go to a Unitarian church. You might be surprised. They’ll welcome atheists and literalists alike, and teach you what worship might be better being. Better. Being. They might, in worship, emotionally channel your passed father, or grandmother, and make you weep deeply all over again, for the love you’ve lost; but just as well, for the wisdom you might yearn to teach so you can know God. Yin. Yang, Deep sorrow. Exuberant elation. Life. Death. Yin. Yang.

Call that God, or some shit.

Or, go to an Approved Institution, such that others finally clap when they finally let you tell them. And, you can genuflect over a silly, imaginary friend, unlike a child. And, exactly like a child. You’ll have more than enough company. There’s that.

I call myself an atheist but I think I’m a strange breed; for, I love Christmas carols and Christ-child Nativity scenes. Please: put one on my front yard and I’ll cry, because that’s God. I’ll never, ever hassle you about the one in the town square. I might even get emotional over it, but it will be over the humanity of the whole thing and not some moron belief in happenings that never happened, and that people take stupidly literally…such as to miss the whole point; yet they’ll delight to get in your face about, in league with the righteous of state: those with whom, and of whom, you’ll enamor to enjoy the company of, and with, in “Heaven.”

Ever go to a party and you hated the people present? Ever go…to…”Heaven.”

I simply don’t believe in a Sky God; never will, and middle finger and lafs, with as much hubris and ridicule as I can muster, mostly because it misses the point and fucks everything up. I’m willing to live and let, but everyone who doesn’t believe the general catechism is adversely affected in the next and current American Theocracy, that even Obama is too much of a little pussy boy to go against—though The Choom Master himself doesn’t really believe a lick of it, and anyone with a gram of a brain knows it.

Accordingly, I want to go to Hell. That’s right. Let’s take your schtick literally, moronic as it is, and just go with it.

Let me ask you, in 2014, given the currency of life on planet earth: you want to go to Heaven with the righteous, worshiping at the foot of a needy God for all eternity, at his feet? Or, you want take your chances and see if you can get Satan to party with you? Carlin, Thorogood…Pinocchio? Lots of fucking cool bands. Surely, makers of booze & smokes. Pimps & fine whores too, of course.

Or, wear a white robe & sandals and sit at the feet of Jesus. You’ll get to tell him about 6 times per day how much you love the fact that his all powerful father sent him to suffer brutally and die over his own failed plan; how all of them are so fucking amazingly disciplined about their omniscience when it comes to lots of people suffering and dying; then, thank him again that you’re such a special, tender, and privileged flower out the 100+ billion that have ever lived on the planet, just because you had the foresight to utter MAGIC WORDS!

Jesus, please give me Hell. Want nothing to do with those insufferable, pretentious fucks; and especially any family members. That would cause me embarrassment.

Nothing Else Matters

All these words I don’t just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know

So close no matter how far
Couldn’t be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
No nothing else matters

Sincere credit to my forever dearest friend in the world, Paul Stiles, who asked me a simple question in email this morning, and this was the only way I knew to answer it. I’ve loved Paul since shortly after he presented himself as a new Ensign in 1988 in my office on the USS Blue Ridge, in advance of going to flight school at Pensacola. Oh, the times we had all over the southwest pacific, about 6 countries. But I won’t titillate you. Use your imaginations.

He’s the author of two books: Riding the Bull:: My Year in the Madness at Merrill Lynch and Is the American Dream Killing You?: How “the Market” Rules Our Lives

1. MC on March 20, 2014 at 22:49

I don’t know about the going to hell thing. If it did exist I’m pretty sure they’ll just throw you in a pit of fire and only take you out once in a while to demon rape you as Satan watches.

Instead go to heaven, and plot to overthrow Jesus. I can’t do it on my own 🙂

• Richard Nikoley on March 20, 2014 at 22:59

How about we let Satan in on the plot, string him along for a thousand years or so, and party with the cool cats in the meantime?

• MC on March 21, 2014 at 00:10

Alright, but from what I’ve read, he’s a trickster, that one. We’ll probably have to dispose of him after we take care of Jesus 🙁

• MC on March 21, 2014 at 00:38

*>:(

(Meant to do angry face, but came out sad, but you get the idea.)

I think this would make a great mini-series. Convince satan of our plan to infiltrate heaven, party in hell, devil plots to backstab us, Jimmy Moore learns of our meetings with satan, tries to warn god, emotional scene, meet Morgan Freeman, Hitler fucks shit up.

• LeonRover on March 21, 2014 at 01:28

The bearer of light is indeed a Rénard.

Oh, and please do not edit the Freudian typo – I leaned a lot, and not just between your legs.

Sláinte

2. La Frite on March 21, 2014 at 02:20

Salut Richard,

For “hell”, it is rather easy: go spend 10 days in a Vipassana center. Paradoxically, it will be the best 10 days of your life (until the next time you try it again 😉 ).

3. Foggy Dude on March 21, 2014 at 03:49

“Further. I have female fiends from back in the teen-years-days.”
    This, Metallica, & the Dalai Lama in one post?

That’s why I love FTA. 😀

4. Merr on March 21, 2014 at 06:12

Nicely done, Richard. Refreshing to see an atheist not rely on the tired straw men of Dawkins, Harris, et al. I was bracing myself for the “religion and science have always been war and we’d have landed on the moon in the 10th century if it weren’t for those dastardly priests and popes ” myth.

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 07:39

Merr:

Thanks. I just had an email with Paul. We used to debate this stuff endlessly, all the time. Yea, I’ve read all the atheist books. Of course, Hitch’s was by far the best, especially for all the literary references.

Funny thing is, it’s sometimes just fun to try to write something as outrageous as possible, but of course with a twist, misdirection, all that. It was more of an exercise that way than anything else. The fact is, I hardly dwell on this stuff, anymore and usually, I just poke, jab and make fun here in there, now.

So, in case anyone’s wondering no, no foaming at the mouth. BP normal.

• Merr on March 21, 2014 at 19:45

I hear you. Hitchens was a good entertainer and ultimately not convincing to me. I’m a classical theist (Aristotelian/Thomist) catholic – ish). I’ve read legitimate atheist arguments, get their point of view and respect their decision. There are times I doubt my position and expect to experience those times throughout life. It’s a mystery. I question whether a lot of today’s atheists have really reasoned out the question of “Why do we even exist at all?” Most seem obsessed with the empirical – category mistake.

Any believer in God must reconcile the fact of suffering first. Kids without any opportunity to change their circumstances die in misery in this world every day and if you *think* you believe in God, you better have a good answer to this question IMO. Arguments about the literal truth of ancient texts are trivial in comparison.

• Doug on March 21, 2014 at 20:08

Reconciling suffering is pretty easy. Uh, we don’t know. The end. One of the fundamentals of believing in God is embracing some humility in the face of the unknowable. Science is great at building bridges. Understanding the human body? Not so much. Understanding the cosmos……how about not at all? Pretty pathetic when the pinnacle of the science tells you there was a big bang and everything was……hey I picked that up in Genesis already. And science doesn’t even pretend to be looking for the “why” it’s all here, or the ethics of being here. Bottom line is religion and myth are billlions and billions times more effective at building your life around than science.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t pursue science, but as Ithink it was Dirty Harry once said, ” A man’s got to know his limitations.”

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 01:21

“Bottom line is religion and myth are billlions and billions times more effective at building your life around than science.”

Doug

Go take a shit in the woods, shiver, and starve to death, then. Pray a lot.

I can accept fantasy. But I will not tolerate hubris over it. Stupidest fucking thing I’ve heard all day. Why I loath religious fucktards.

• Doug on March 22, 2014 at 08:03

A much more thoughtful rebuttal of my position than I was expecting, Rich. Thanks.

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 10:09

“I question whether a lot of today’s atheists have really reasoned out the question of “Why do we even exist at all?””

I think it’s a silly question to ask and it smuggles in a premise, that there exists any reason at all. I know why _I_ exist. I exist for my own sake, and it’s all I need or care to know about it.

5. rob on March 21, 2014 at 07:29

I think worshiping another man is particularly egregious, as religions go.

“Take the wheel Jesus, cause I’ve got a firm hand on your dick.”

6. Joshua on March 21, 2014 at 08:28

Thank you for this: “The Choom Master himself doesn’t really believe a lick of it, and anyone with a gram of a brain knows it.”

My dad’s convinced that Obama’s a secret muslim. I keep trying to get him to understand that Obama doesn’t believe in any god other than himself.

7. John on March 21, 2014 at 08:57

I always enjoy watching Christopher Hitchens videos on youtube. His anti-theist views are interesting, particularly when he’s explaining why not only does he not believe in God, but he hopes there isn’t a God.

I imagine you’re familiar with his views on going to a place where you worship your petty, bitter father for all eternity!

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 09:34

John, yep, absolutely.

It’s really funny, because it seems to me that people never really stop to consider the heaven myth as if it’s someplace they’d like to experience, as described.

Or, imagine that someone was going to concoct the heaven myth from scratch in 2014. You can be damn sure it would be a lot different that the one concocted by 1st century dirt-scatcing savages.

8. Joshua on March 21, 2014 at 09:22

I’m amused that ol’ Tenzin is so religiously humble, but not politically humble.

9. LeonRover on March 21, 2014 at 09:23
    • LeonRover on March 21, 2014 at 09:27

Sowwy, Lynyrd’s.

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 09:35

Leon, well, that’s about the most disturbing thing I’m likely to see today.

• Joshua on March 21, 2014 at 10:59

That’s just so sad and pathetic. I hate the notion of teaching children that embracing your humanity is embracing evil.

Also, purity balls?! Really? REALLY?!

10. Gina on March 21, 2014 at 09:28

If anyone hasn’t read Mark Twain’s Letters from the Earth, run out and get a copy for a hilarious take on these matters.

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 09:38

Thanks Gina. Duly snagged for the Kindle. $2.50. Can’t beat that, though I could probably find it public domain free on the Internet.

• Gina on March 21, 2014 at 16:37

You’re welcome. I think you’ll love it.

• bob r on March 22, 2014 at 10:53
  11. Ralnac on March 21, 2014 at 09:55

“This Compost”
    by Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

Something startles me where I thought I was safest,
    I withdraw from the still woods I loved,
    I will not go now on the pastures to walk,
    I will not strip the clothes from my body to meet my lover the sea,
    I will not touch my flesh to the earth as to other flesh to renew me.

O how can it be that the ground itself does not sicken?
    How can you be alive you growths of spring?
    How can you furnish health you blood of herbs, roots, orchards, grain?
    Are they not continually putting distemper’d corpses within you?
    Is not every continent work’d over and over with sour dead?

Where have you disposed of their carcasses?
    Those drunkards and gluttons of so many generations?
    Where have you drawn off all the foul liquid and meat?
    I do not see any of it upon you to-day, or perhaps I am deceiv’d,
    I will run a furrow with my plough, I will press my spade through the sod and turn it up underneath,
    I am sure I shall expose some of the foul meat.

Behold this compost! behold it well!
    Perhaps every mite has once form’d part of a sick person—yet behold!
    The grass of spring covers the prairies,
    The bean bursts noislessly through the mould in the garden,
    The delicate spear of the onion pierces upward,
    The apple-buds cluster together on the apple-branches,
    The resurrection of the wheat appears with pale visage out of its graves,
    The tinge awakes over the willow-tree and the mulberry-tree,
    The he-birds carol mornings and evenings while the she-birds sit on their nests,
    The young of poultry break through the hatch’d eggs,
    The new-born of animals appear, the calf is dropt from the cow, the colt from the mare,
    Out of its little hill faithfully rise the potato’s dark green leaves,
    Out of its hill rises the yellow maize-stalk, the lilacs bloom in the door-yards,
    The summer growth is innocent and disdainful above all those strata of sour dead.

What chemistry!
    That the winds are really not infectious,
    That this is no cheat, this transparent green-wash of the sea which is so amorous after me,
    That it is safe to allow it to lick my naked body all over with its tongues,
    That it will not endanger me with the fevers that have deposited themselves in it,
    That all is clean forever and forever,
    That the cool drink from the well tastes so good,
    That blackberries are so flavorous and juicy,
    That the fruits of the apple-orchard and the orange-orchard, that melons, grapes, peaches, plums, will
    none of them poison me,
    That when I recline on the grass I do not catch any disease,
    Though probably every spear of grass rises out of what was once a catching disease.

Now I am terrified at the Earth, it is that calm and patient,
    It grows such sweet things out of such corruptions,
    It turns harmless and stainless on its axis, with such endless successions of diseas’d corpses,
    It distils such exquisite winds out of such infused fetor,
    It renews with such unwitting looks its prodigal, annual, sumptuous crops,
    It gives such divine materials to men, and accepts such leavings from them at last.

And commentary: ‘%20Picks%202010/Brenda_Cardenas.html

12. Doug on March 21, 2014 at 11:01

Hell is based on what the Germans call Weltfurcht “world fear”. It comes from eons of staring out into the darkness at night, suffering from nature’s irrational slings and arrows (and yes, watching fire bubble up from beneath the earth). Without it, you’re not human, just like you’re no longer human if you recline on a Lazy Boy all day eating Chef Boy Ar Dee. Well, more precisely, you’re being selected out of what was human, while the genome is morphing into some kind of new, vastly inferior species.

• LeonRover on March 21, 2014 at 11:29

Heil is other people ?? Eh ?

13. Doug on March 21, 2014 at 11:31

I meant to say a new, vastlyinferior species doomed to rapid extinction.

14. Steve G. on March 21, 2014 at 11:47

Shit, I think you might be right! God has played a damn trick on us. If we humans are created in “HIS” image, then HE must be pretty fucked up! And if Satan was against this, he knows that HE is a dick. So it seems that God is testing us to see how smart we really are, lol. Holy shit, He is a fucking comedian and an asshole, just like us. He stares at us every time we look in the mirror. We are either God, an a-hole who stands by and does nothing, or we are satan, a participant and contributor (positive or negative) to the world we called humanity. Oh, and it was the Devil that gave us KNOWLEDGE, no wonder God was pissed, he almost ruined the joke at the beginning of time!

• LeonRover on March 21, 2014 at 12:15

So, which one is Rénard the Trickster – doG or LightOfKnowledgeBearer ?

I wanna see Jack the Joker play him in a Disney production – not Kruse,
      but “Old Nick’s” Son.

He maketh darkness visible.

Sláinte

15. Doug on March 21, 2014 at 12:05

Rich, on a lighter subject I need some RS advice. My background is avg. 2 tbsp PS a day mixed with booch before drinking. Am experienceing high end of results that seem to mirror most of yours energy with calmness, dreams. I have moderate gas problems, some TMI not worth talking about. Solved about half the gas problem with a week off, as you suggested. Ordered some of the recommended probiotics, forget the name. Gas problems stopped completely when I mixed in the pros.

Here’s the issue, and I think you’ve mentioned the same problem, if it is one. When I first started about 2 months ago, I clocked in about a week of 8 -10 hour deep sleeps. Then I started waking up between 2-4 in the morning with too much energy to go back to sleep. This has become a consistent thing, even to the point where I now wake up at 2 AM almost exactly every night after a 1030 fall asleep. I usually get back to sleep around five and sleep 3 more hours. Last night I couldn’t even do that and am operating on caffeine with 3 hours sleep.

Any thoughts?

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 12:34

Doug:

What’s your carb intake?

My sleep has become real weird and I have learned to just not go to bed until I’m truly tired. However, since I have added the probiotics, my sleep requirements have gone down dramatically and I find myself with boundless energy. Since I work at home I have decided recently to ignore the clock. Sleep when tired, work when not.

Other night I was tired at like 8pm, so I went to bed. Woke up about midnight, worked until 5:30, slept until 7. Then I’ll have a couple of nights of pretty normal but I’d say that my sleep requirements have diminished 1.5 – 2 hours on average and I feel great.

• Doug on March 21, 2014 at 13:30

Yeah, I have to start staying up later. I’m fine with the reduced sleep…I think. I guess I’ll just stick with Sinatra’s dictum….you know that one, right?

• Doug on March 21, 2014 at 16:00

Oh right, you asked about my carb intake. Don’t measure anything. Low carb though. Certainly avoid sweets as much as possible, minimal gluten, more liberal with potato and rice, pretty standard loose “cheating” paleo I guess you could call it. Like Coppola has talked about recently, my diet challenge is not relying too much on muscle meats and making sure I’m getting enough veggies, fish and organ meats. The potato starch, though, has been like an earthquake, the biggest diet impact I’ve had since I went on Atkins 10 years ago and almost had a glycemic induced epileptic fit (I made that up). And teh anser to the Sinatra quiz is “I’ll sleep when I’m dead”

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 16:02

Doug see my post that’ll be up later.

• Art on March 22, 2014 at 14:56

I – from time to time – get this waking up in the middle of the night thing too. Others have mentioned the same.

Our presumably fibred-up ancestors are said to have been biphasic sleepers….

• Rook on March 23, 2014 at 12:31

Re thesleep issue, I’m currently looking into starting a polyphasic sleep experiment in the next month or so and came across the following quote on the polyphasic society website:

“Vegan, Vegetarian or Carnivore aside, eating lots of raw vegetables can have many wonderful benefits for the human body by offering the gut fermentable fibre. There is on going research into the hypothesis SCFAs created from the fermented soluble fibre reduces the requirements for REM sleep by saving developing oligodendrocytes from death by apoptosis. This means with higher effective SCFA consumption, you will need to sleep less, just as increasing SWS from ketosis means you will need to sleep less.”

16. pzo on March 21, 2014 at 14:36

Good comments about real women, real men. Have you heard of “vagina dentata?” Teeth in a vagina. Eats up the dick. Which in a way, it does. Eats up the virility of erection, spits it out all soft. When I was in taking a Human Sexuality class in seminary I wrote on that topic, vagina dentata. Ha ha ha….

After a half century of “seeking,” including seminary and a theology masters, I’ve realized that I’m an atheist. It’s the only position that doesn’t require cognitive dissonance. Doesn’t mean I can’t marvel at the mysteries, that I used to live with a ghost, that I have light duty ESP, that I know I have had the universal consciousness communicate with me.

I love watching old Hitchens videos.

• gabriella kadar on March 21, 2014 at 17:07

pzo: ESP is a bitch.

17. Todd on March 21, 2014 at 17:50

Richard, This is my favorite post ever! I too grew up in the fundamentalist South and can relate to all of it, from the pussies to dealing with them for family peace to the dichotomy of enjoying people who actually believe (or pretend to believe) that shit to the love of Christmas carols. Well done sir, see you in hell…

• Richard Nikoley on March 21, 2014 at 21:58

“grew up in the fundamentalist South”

This took place is Reno, NV. But, did my year at Tennessee Temple U in Chatt, TN. 1980. It was a very valuable year of my life. I’ve never had a doubt that Funnies are mentally deranged limp dicks who can’t handle real women, since.

All fundamentalist men are fundamentalist men because they don’t know how to deal with real women.

• LeonRover on March 22, 2014 at 05:43

Do Funnies = Fundies ?

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 08:51

You of all people need to ask, Leon?

• LeonRover on March 22, 2014 at 08:53

Just checkin’.

• LeonRover on March 22, 2014 at 23:54
  18. MC on March 21, 2014 at 21:22

Maybe it’s just cause I’m an outsider and have no idea what it’s actually like in a church, but I always viewed Christianity as a step up from Hindu and Sikh religions, which I have experience with both of them.

Richard makes it sound worse than I thought it was, but I’ve heard some Christian men say they don’t go to church anymore because they feel like there’s an agenda to try and turn them into a pussy.

19. matthew on March 22, 2014 at 04:53

sleep stuff could be changing seasons… not everything directly effected by food daily

20. Alie on March 22, 2014 at 13:16

Ever since you posted this, this particular song has been going through my head:

• gabriella kadar on March 22, 2014 at 13:31

That looks like the Honeymooner’s set. The kitchen.

• Alie on March 22, 2014 at 13:59

Totally does. I send this to the people I love every year on their birthday. Its kind of my thing.

• gabriella kadar on March 22, 2014 at 14:00

Yeah, that’s an American fridge. There weren’t fridges like that in England.

21. Alie on March 22, 2014 at 13:21

Honestly, though, thank you for what you wrote, Richard. Having been used and abused by the church and everyone in it for the majority of my life, your post was thought provoking to say the least. I still manage to maintain faith, but I will have nothing to do with a church of any kind. And the men are just as you describe. I will continue to think about what you posted for awhile…god, this was refreshing.

• Richard Nikoley on March 22, 2014 at 13:29

You’re welcome, Alie.

Moreover, it’s zero surprise to me that 100% of the crap I’ve gotten from this, much of it that never hit the comment section because they were 1st time commenters (who always go through moderation) and I just smiled and hit Delete, were males (I won’t use the word ‘men’).

100%.

Telling, all by itself.

• Alie on March 22, 2014 at 13:53

Ha! Just protecting themselves, because otherwise they would have to grow a pair.

22. […] strength as I reengineer my life at 53, rooting out every little needless distraction in minutiae. I blogged about part of that just a couple of days ago. It's a very small part, though. Religion, in itself, is minutiae. In a […]

23. Tricia on April 25, 2014 at 12:43

Nice post. I’m a recovering Catholic. Always wanted to check out a Unitarian church but they’re aren’t any close by. Nothing Else Matters was “our song” in college and also the song for our first dance at our wedding (the elevator version). I’m not sure what it meant to Metallica for but it sums up both how I feel about DH.

Have you been watching “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey?” He explains how we are made up of the same elements as the stars, the trees, every living thing around us. Something about that makes me feel very peaceful.