Honestly: Do You Really FEEL GOOD About Having Filed Your Papers Today?

If you feel really good, then good for you; I’ll leave you alone. I’m sure your wager to have others pay for you beyond your ability to pay for yourself will pay off. Your conscience—beyond the dusty items of defeat or resignation—will be clean.

You’re fine. Don’t worry, be happy. Human Animals are going to take up the slack anyway. So relax.

baby birds feeding

Make sure you have your papers stamped by the Postal Bureau on time.

…You might turn into a pumpkin and/or be the subject of a psychotic heir in a realm where everyone thinks that’s normal and you’re strange because only one shoe fits.

Just go file your papers and don’t worry about glass slippers. Pop a cork for The Land of the Free.

Don’t worry. Be happy.

1. wtf on April 15, 2014 at 15:15

Maybe this explains why my ass is hurting so much today…

2. gabriella kadar on April 15, 2014 at 18:16

I’ve got till June 15th.

I wouldn’t mind paying taxes if it weren’t for the fact that they are being misused. And because the roads are in such poor shape I need a kidney transplant by the time I get home from work.

There’s other things too but the list is too long.

• Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2014 at 08:01

“I wouldn’t mind paying taxes if it weren’t for the fact that they are being misused.”

For me, that’s non-sequitur, since tax, by definition, is a “legal taking.” In other words, it’s taken by force and the only reason it’s not legally defined as theft or robbery is because the master says so.

So, the way I state what I think you really mean is that not only am I OK with paying for what I use/consume, I insist on it.

IOW, it’s taxation for the simple reason that it CAN’T be voluntary, like a charity or a business, because there’s so much stuff people would not voluntarily pay for, with very good reason.

3. kxmoore on April 15, 2014 at 20:40

So Richard unlike we sheep you do not pay income tax?

• Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2014 at 08:07

No kxmoore, I pay. I just don’t make any bones about what it is I’m paying. It’s ransom payments to keep out of jail.

Now, if the State simply sent me a form every year and asked me to check the boxes of things I was willing to pay for, along with the amount I’ll be charged, then send me a bill based on what I check, no problem.

And I assure you that I would be pretty damn generous about including things I don’t get direct benefit from, but understand how supporting some things can build better communities.

I am fully committed to everyone paying their fair share, including myself. But not through coercion.

4. Wade on April 15, 2014 at 21:18

Treat them like an unavoidable organized criminal gang. Pay them to go away, and then pay them no more mind until they come again. Anarchy begins at home, ht RN.

“If the government can take a man’s money without his consent, there is no limit to the additional tyranny it may practice upon him; for, with his money, it can hire soldiers to stand over him, keep him in subjection, plunder him at discretion, and kill him if he resists.” Spooner

5. kayumochi on April 16, 2014 at 02:36

The largest proportion, 27 cents of every dollar paid to the IRS, goes to the military to support the American Empire.

• Joshua on April 16, 2014 at 08:52

What’s your point? Would it be better if only 5% went to support empire? What’s the appropriate figure to take from me to buy weapons and pay killers with?

Define largest proportion. At least 1/3 of taxes go straight outta my pocket into the pockets of old/sick/poor/unemployed people.

By the way, where are you getting your numbers? Latest figures I’ve seen are 21% for military including veterans’ benefits. http://nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/?utm_expid=84498401-5.1T2lB6d5SEmMcoN-3M_tZA.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Freason.com%2Fblog%2F2014%2F04%2F15%2Fwhere-does-your-tax-money-go

• Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2014 at 09:00

I believe Social Security and Medicare are the largest federal budget items by far. Not sure if individually they are more than military, but of course, a commie like kayumochi will always dishonestly split hairs like that when in essence, SS and Medicare are the same thing.

• Woodchuck Pirate on April 16, 2014 at 09:59

Richard,

Get that commie!

Here’s all the ammunition you need:

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• kayumochi on April 16, 2014 at 10:08

The figures I saw just today show 27 cents of every tax dollar going to the military with another 5.1 cents going to veteran benefits. Healthcare gets 22.7 cents.

“Across the United States, the average taxpayer paid $11,715 in 2013 federal income taxes. The military received the largest share of that sum, $3,174, followed by health care, which received $2,662 for programs like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Meanwhile, only $238 went to education programs, and just $15.84 and $6.56 went to the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program and National Forest System, respectively.”

• kayumochi on April 16, 2014 at 10:13

They were laid out by the same NPP you mention:

Some military intervention is necessary but not to the extent that the American Empire goes to … what that figure would be I have no clue.

Not a Red bone in my body 🙂

6. Woodchuck Pirate on April 16, 2014 at 04:47

Legally filed zero papers.

Rejected all socialist “incentives” to be recipient of someone else’s money. Strategically implemented simple living strategies to establish sustainable income below reporting requirements.

Starve the beast or be the beast. Your choice.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

7. kayumochi on April 16, 2014 at 07:08

The image of baby birds somehow isn’t as appropriate when one considers 27 cents of every IRS dollar goes to the military …

• Woodchuck Pirate on April 16, 2014 at 07:23

Why not? For several decades I’ve been telling Vets that the military is just an extension of the welfare system. The military industrial complex is a boss hog feeding at the corporate welfare trough. It would be nice to see pigs in a nest though.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Richard Nikoley on April 16, 2014 at 08:53

It’s why I got out in ’92, and this was only on the cusp of becoming philosophically who I am today.

It’s was simply practical. USSR was crumbling and regardless of your assessment of that threat, I had dedicated myself professionally to knowing that threat in a shit-hits-the-fan military, war context.

Then I basically see all this contrivance, searching for a new enemy. Wanted no part of it.

They settled on 14th century dirt scratching savages as the next great threat to American God and Country. Glad I had no part in it.