Now That the Self Flagellation Over Dumb Memorials is Over, May I Have Your Attention?

Does anyone actually think for themselves, anymore, in the “Land of the Free?” Or…

baby birds feeding
Regurgitate

That’s how I largely view America, now, especially including stupid-shit-flag-waving, nationalist displays like Memorial Day. That capital—earned in WWI and WWII—against no-shit geopolitical crises, was spent a long time ago and people ignorant of history are just pretending like they know something when all they’re doing is (see above photo).

I’ll get to how I took in a long weekend in a bit; but first, let me just toss some random out there. First, I quickly contrived this post, virtue of my brother Stacy. He works for an oil drilling machinery company out of Houston and spends about 300 days per year on the road, worldwide, away from his family. He commented on an article about the broke and indentured IRS looking to tax frequent traveler miles—kinda like being so hard up for pennies, they go after cafe waitresses for tips. In The Great Land of the Free.

At $.025 per mile it would have meant more than $5,000 in extra taxes for me last year. While earning those miles I was earning a paycheck, which I paid an absurd amount of taxes on.

Sometimes I really feel like burning my passport and moving to a country that is actually free. Or even a country that isn’t, but doesn’t claim to be and doesn’t try to brainwash the sheeple that they live in the “Land of the Free.”

I’m not often inspired by my family—which I hate that it’s so, but is what is—but this was so up my personal alley. It prompted a reply.

Congrats my brother. You have seen what I saw in the 80s. Freer countries. I didn’t just pull my schtick out of my ass. I saw actually free countries, where people live lives in peace, free from the state.

So, waddya think? Money grab from a dying, pathetic republic?

I want to see tens of millions of Americans in soup lines. I do. I admired my grandparents, who grew up through the Great Depression. By comparison…never mind. There isn’t one. I see baseless entitlement everywhere. Like my brother, I want to leave. I want to film myself burning my passport. I want to die not an American, to salvage some of my pride. And go hubris early!

There’s this. It was a righteous rant comment by Bret on a post where I went off on worthless Republicans and Conservatives, worse than commies since 2000.

Conservatives, and in particular Republicans and their voters, are the single greatest threat to our nation’s current and future well-being, in just about every measurable way.

While Democrats and their ilk are honest in their desire to swallow up nearly all of America’s freedom and economic livelihood with endless government and thereby repeat the patently stupid mistakes of the Soviets, Republicans go out and preach free markets and limited government, while in practice delivering crony capitalism and equally (to the Democrats’) big government. And oh, by the way, they also display an impressive penchant for invading countries and replacing their governments (calling these enterprises “wars,” contrary to what the military would tell you), and staying for 10 years despite constant, overwhelming failure. Hell of a party.

Eight years of the likes of George W. Bush and his contemporary Republican congresses give dick heads like Bill Maher and Michael Moore the opportunity to brainwash more people into hating capitalism. “You see?? These are the consequences of capitalism!” The damaging consequences (what symptoms are legitimate damage, that is) did not happen due to capitalism, of course, but due to the corruption, corporatism, and other aforementioned big government douchebaggery. But that is not the message that many citizens take away from the conversation. The less than basically economically erudite among us (which I often feel is, sadly, most of us) end up concluding that, yes, capitalism does produce income inequality, concentrated economic power in the hands of a few, and so on. ‘Let’s leave that back in the 20th century where it belongs and embrace socialism!’

The only Republican presidential candidate with a shred of integrity for the last 25 years, the great Dr. Ron Paul, was cheated out of his opportunity to win the nomination once the party leaders saw that he stood a credible chance. Filthy, stinking, rotten, corrupt, Democrat-in-disguise PIECES…OF…SHIT.

And yet almost all self-identified conservatives I ever talk to defend their beloved Republicans vehemently (and hate Obama on a deep, intense personal level), the way John McDougall defends veganism in spite of all the evidence and loathes those rotten lying carb watchers.

The current batch of Republicans can roast in hell, save for Justin Amash and Rand Paul. I would rather tolerate an unstoppable 50-year streak of Democrats than see another non-libertarian Republican-controlled Congress or White House.

And you might want to change the last comment in your blog post from “2014″ to “2002.” That’s when Bush’s idiocy really started to bludgeon America (and the world) upside the head.

Think of it this way: the greatest weapon of communism and lefty socialism these many decades has been the far worse Republicans and conservatives. They are the true whores, top to bottom and wall to wall. They are whoring pragmatists fighting principleists. It makes sense, since all Republican principles are bound up in Mother Goose Sky God fantasies and Founding Mother Gooses who owned slaves. Republicans and conservatives are fucktards. Leave them. They’re the ones ushering in commieism in their lust for power and desire to make sure your life is as paternally dominated and miserable as theirs. Most loathsome people on earth. Never vote for them. Only laf at them. If you’re going to vote, vote hard commie, get it over with. Reality always wins. Soup lines are your eventual salvation, not Republicans or conservatives. Go commie. They’re better, pragmatically.

…I left my gig as a Navy officer in 1992. The Wall came down, and I saw the writing on the wall. It became all about budgets and justifying an existence I had not studied for. I knew everything about every Soviet weapons system that could kill ships at sea that existed, and knew how best to counter-measure with our own systems. There were dozens of them, launched from sea and air. The Soviets had my deep respect in warrior terms. 14th Century dirt scratching savages, who at best can manage and IED or suicide bombing? Never. They are best ignored and lafed at, in my opinion, and you just take your chances. As is stands, about 3,000 got killed in 9/11 and we’ve since killed better than 2 million, many innocents, many daddies and mommies—and kids and children and infants. Shameful. And yet, America is the quintessential flag waving, proud republic.

10407074 958337954195658 6287274909750001608 n
Consolation Prize

You know what? I hope that in a decade’s time or so, he does not succumb to your brainwashing and instead, points a high middle finger at you in righteous hatred. He wanted his dad, or his mom, and probably doesn’t give a shit about how coiffed the American flag is that’s handed to him. Hopefully, he understands that Republicans love Mother Goose Fairy Tales, and will kill people all over the world and sustain thousands of casualties at home—depriving kids of fathers and mothers—so that they can live in comfort that their fantasy is stronger that the fantasy of others.

And then do a BBQ and/or, go camping.

Nothing to memorialize. So, you go right on ahead and comfort the devastated 4-6 year old son or daughter—or whatever age (ought it matter?). Tell them what a hero their daddy or mommy was on this one single fucking day of the year where you pat yourselves on the back for being all fucking thoughtful. Fuck you and your transparency. Go fuck yourselves, America.

Me? I took it as a day off. Well, since I work at home, I took it as a day of lower activity.

IMG 2393
View of Lake Tahoe From Our Room
IMG 2395
Walked Back Barefoot Friday Night, About 1 1/2 Miles
IMG 2394
Enjoyed Time With Family

That’s Sam Fabela with his three girls (3 sons absent). Anita, Beatrice, and Susan. My wife didn’t get the blue-shirt memo. Sam is 85 years old, and a Type II diabetic for over 45 years, now. He’s eaten beans, tortillas, and potatoes nearly every day of his life and still does. He’s a retired air traffic controller. So, maybe controlling diabetes is not so much about carbs, but more about being smart and careful, as he has always been in the nearly 20 years I’ve known him.

I took a dip in the lake, my first lake, as my mom floated me in it 53 years ago. A minute 20.

Went out an had the same meal as I had the night before.

IMG 2404
Steak, Lobster, Baked Potato, Carrots, Broccoli, and Oysters on the Half Shell with a Mignonette. Chased with a Maker’s Mark Manhattan, Perfect Style, and Stirred, of course.

I saved two oysters for J. Stanton, who met up with me as I was finishing.

IMG 2406
Visit Gnolls.Org
IMG 2410
South Fork of the American River at Strawberry Lodge on the Drive Back
IMG 2411
Another Feeding

We returned home on Sunday rather than Monday, and since I’d eaten steak, lobster and oysters Friday and Saturday, I had to find a way to wean myself on Sunday. Notice how I take it easy on the butter and sour cream? You can do that. Trust me. Discover the taste and texture of a baked potato as a baked potato.

In all, not one single time did any of us do anything but enjoy a weekend. Nobody, so far as I could tell, was self flagellating over how a war lord scammed young men to die for him, and over lafable 14th Century Dirt Scratching Savages from lands where females haven’t enjoyed orgasms in over 2,000 years.

Nor did I hear anyone celebrate the plight of kids, where powers do all they can to try to make them proud for not having a mom or dad—when all they really want is a mommy, daddy, a family. Chin up, kids. We have ‘Mericuns ’round these here parts who appreciate their service, and we grill steaks once per year and say a bunch of stupid shit to make it seem worth it.

I wish I could like you celebrating Americans. But I don’t. I’m disgusted by your shameless displays. And I hate you because you will never show the shame you have earned.

1. Gary Sullivan on May 27, 2014 at 16:51

You have no understanding of how lucky you are…truly a worthless SoB. I love how you and those who think like you threaten to leave, but never do…wonder why that is. The children of fathers/mothers who are no longer with us? They’d spit in your face…

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 17:12

Ha, Gary.

Study the fist pic very carefully.

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 17:34

And by the way, Gary?

What really makes me laf is the so-called “men” happy to roast a steak, burger or frank once a year in honor of people who “died for their freedoms.”

How come you didn’t pay your own way? And one day of bromide platitudes is absolution for your worthless skin?

There are billions of people worldwide who live in relative freedom and who don’t have to put on the kind of show you put on.

I’ve actually met many of those smiling, happy people, and I do intend to live out my days with them as soon as possible. I loath the likes of you.

• amy on May 28, 2014 at 10:13

Most americans dont even know what freedom really is because for decades now, most of them have been spoiled little brats. Don’t eat the phoney baloney you have been served Gary.

ps I was born and raised there and left 9 years ago and never felt more free than I do now.

2. Wade on May 27, 2014 at 17:08

Awesome post today. Today, I would normally agree with the comment “While I think Ron Paul would have done better to keep with honest work delivering babies, I get it.” But if he never got involved in politics or ran for president, I would probably still be going to the polls checking the names with “R” next to them, a fucktard.

Ron’s ideas influenced me to explore the writings of H. L. Mencken, Karl Hess, Lysander Spooner, Frederic Bastiat, John Locke, Lew Rockwell, and so many others. I’ve heard that the difference between a minarchist and an anarchist is about three months. It holds true in my case.

If Paul didn’t run for president, I wouldn’t have viewed Lew Rockwell’s website, which lead me to Mark Sission’s site, which lead me here (https://freetheanimal.com/2010/06/braised-bone-in-short-ribs.html).

So today I am a happy anarchist. There is an incredible peace from not trying to force beliefs on others. My diet and health have never been better. The RS and SBO info is brilliant, and I’m almost one year without soap n poo. You have my thanks.

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 17:15

Wade

I stand humbled. Thank you for showing me how much.

There is nothing like a free mind.

Hey, perhaps you can give Gary a hand in actual self thought? His rant reads like all rants of the genre. He learned it.

• Dan on May 28, 2014 at 14:51

Wade +1 from me. Slightly similar story.

Was a conservative party member for years until in 2009 a friend who I had served in the army with gave me a book “The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East” By Robert Fisk, opened my eyes right up to the west’s foreign policy and my countries following the US into this stuff.

In 2011 spent about a year in the Philippines away from society working on an online business idea and discovered and fell in love with RP whilst he was trying to convince America of a better way forward.

Fast forward to 2014, found this place for the bugs, and its been multiple paradigm shifts ever since.

The hardest part of having a position like this post is that my best mates in the world think your not on their team anymore.

Not only are we “bombing brown people” we are sending the best of our generation to do it.
      I guess im selfish thinking of my friends.

• Resurgent on May 29, 2014 at 05:05

plus 100..
      Wade – many of us, including myself, have a similar story to yours.

Richard – Godspeed to you.

3. Tom Scott on May 27, 2014 at 18:15

Bea is a teacher. Her father a retired air traffic controller. Government employees living off the taxpayers. I sense a disconnect.

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 18:29

Tom

I’m sure you live a life pure as the driven snow.

Thanks for the lesson in disconnection.

BTW, do you have any idea what your “senses” are worth to me?

4. Wade on May 27, 2014 at 18:20

Perpective gained from lost paradigms is enlightening. I felt compelled to share my story, you’ve broken many paradigms I didn’t even think of considering.

Don’t know if I can help with Gary, I tend to lead by example. But the mention of expatriation reminds me of an article Mark Crovelli wrote a few years ago, “Patriotism is the Last Refuge of an Idiot.”(http://archive.lewrockwell.com/crovelli/crovelli62.1.html)

Maybe it could be the turning point for Gary, or anyone else that hasn’t escaped the brainwashing.

5. Cate on May 27, 2014 at 18:37

The Ron Paul supporters in the military
    (you know, the ones with real combat) don ‘t care what you think Richard.

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 21:07

Cate, so people killing innocent people in droves don’t care what I think?

You’re a genius, Cate. Wow. Pure genius.

6. lucia on May 27, 2014 at 19:57

While I agree with you on the stupidity of flag-waving patriotism and corruption in our government… you will be hard pressed to find a country in which these are not the case and you can still enjoy personal freedom.

And entitlement? Do you not also feel entitled to roads, parks, clean lakes, law enforcement, would you not appreciate a soup kitchen if you fell on hard times through no fault of your own?

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 21:11

Lucia

Roads and all sorts of services humans exist actually exist in all parts of the world.

But, if you love killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people so you can feel safe and secure, falsely, then whatever. I’m just glad I have a comment thread to shed light on American depravity and its regurgitation of what it’s been told to think and say.

7. John D on May 27, 2014 at 20:04

Richard;
    WWII style patriotism in a post-Iraq world really is a jarring and heart-breaking disconnect, that’s for sure. I do love the young soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines, though. (I’m retired Navy officer myself) But their political leaders are selected based on power and control rules that are frankly frightening. Now that NSA and DHS have decided we are all threats, well, it seems reasonable to find a way to walk away from the empire somehow. But is that possible?

Meanwhile, I can only assume you are tuned into the slo-mo collapse unfolding before our eyes right now. The system is dying, what you are seeing politically is the death rattle.

Some of my favorite commentators on the sidelines covering the action:

Gail at http://www.ourfiniteworld.com
    Dmitri at http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/
    Dave at http://www.declineoftheempire.com
    Charles at http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/

and many others….

As for health, the real goal is to never, ever need to participate in the American sickcare system.

So in your own way you are a patriot for the human race and I want you to know Memorial Day in my mind celebrates everyone who thinks about, talks about and fights for all human freedoms, including the the ultimate freedom, health.

-John D.

• Richard Nikoley on May 27, 2014 at 21:32

Hi John D

Yea, in many ways, writing stuff like this isn’t easy.

Nobody gets out alive.

But, I’m at the point that I don’t really care about America, anymore, not in the sense of it being a shining light. I simply don’t believe that it is and I’ll be fine seeing it go the way of Rome, which it will.

• Rita Weasel on May 28, 2014 at 09:48

Richard – writing stuff like that is not easy, but it certainly IS necessary. If this country has any hope at all, it is through dissenting voices who point out the hypocrisy and the utter bullshit of its politics. People who say stupid crap like “this is the best country on earth” have never been anywhere else and have never picked up a history book. To my mind, Memorial Day is about remembering the crap as well as the good – anyone who does differently is deliberately blind and/or stupid. Keep writing, Richard – it’s important.

• Dan on May 28, 2014 at 14:53

Adding to your list a good blog to read is “War Tard”

“Because humans are retarded by war.”

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 15:09

Dan

The only narrative more powerful throughout modern history than religion, is war.

8. John on May 28, 2014 at 12:28

Saw this come across Facebook today. Some great images in this

9. Jim on May 27, 2014 at 23:50

Richard:

I loathe you and all you represent.

Kiss my ass you low life piece of crap.

Enjoy the Bay Area. You are right where you belong.

• EK on May 28, 2014 at 03:17

Jim, do favor to the web,
      unlearn to write as you have unlearn to think.
      underlow, slimy mind as yours belong to
      alternative reality which i believe you must share with
      likewise unthinking one nucleus entities.
      There are two kind of American patriots today,
      the disappointed ones and the exiled.
      You are neither, conclusion.. you do not exist.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 05:38

Well Jim, if that’s the case, yet you seem to not resist coming around and reading, sure makes what you have to say in comments rather amusing.

• Jim on May 28, 2014 at 19:33

EK:

Sick the snotty end of my dick asshole!

You are one sick fuck.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 20:26

Jim

You’re out of here.

I’m going to ban you now. Regardless, know that you are never welcome in my circle again,under any circumstances and if you don’t simply honor that like a man, then everyone will think worse of you than everyone already does.

Just go away and try to forget about me.

10. Jim on May 27, 2014 at 23:57

Get a life Dick. No one cares what you think.

This latest post of yours sounds like a shriek of desperation.

11. bettyboo on May 28, 2014 at 01:58

The highest compliment you can pay me is to delete one of my comments. It means I have found a truth you have yet to deal with in your own mind – challenge yourself a little more or is it something you want to hide. If what I say is foolish or wrong you will leave it for the world to see what a fool I might be.

I remember when this place used to be called the honesty log. What happened Richard?

12. Bret on May 28, 2014 at 02:33

I’m honored my righteous rant made the post. I am relieved to find other libertarians who despise Republicans as much as I do. Many just reassure themselves over and over that ‘at least they’re better than the Democrats.’ No the hell they are not. The willing ignorance of conservatives, including many self-proclaimed libertarians, regarding the GOP’s destructive influence is the real epidemic in this country. That type 2 diabetes stuff is child’s play.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 05:39

I was honored to include it Bret. Righteous and well written.

13. RC on May 28, 2014 at 04:16

Only 2 countries in the world have citizenship based taxation. Guess which the other country is. Hmm have Americans so quickly forgotten why they fought the British. Oh- and freedom..really.. Yeah like every other country is filled with starving poor idiots… Has the average American seen Tokyo? The subways.. Shinkansens… Wakarahen.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 05:42

RC

US and Philippines if I’m not mistaken.

Yep, you can live your entire life outside the US but if you’re a citizen, you are required to pay any difference in taxation at US rates if your country of residence taxes you less. And you are required to file a return regardless, doubling your compliance burden.

Land of the Free Update.

• Beans Mcgrady on May 28, 2014 at 08:36

Just a note on the tax thing, as a very relieved ex-pat. You have to file over 9000 and have to pay over 80,000.
      It is surprisingly easy to live well in mexico on well less than 9000 USD/ year.
      But it is a load of crap.
      I don’t plan on burning the passport, Better to give it back to the fuckers so that it is clear to them that they no longer get to try to play daddy.
      And yes, I know that Mexico has pulenty of corruption, but I am doing my part by not funding the war machine.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 09:08

Beans

So, if you make more than 9k but less than 80k (adjusted gross?), then ou have to file but you’ll have no tax liability even if your in-country burden is less than the applicable US burden? Also, is that only for in-country income or would that apply to US income too, like say you had investments that tossed off K1 income?

• Beans Mcgrady on May 28, 2014 at 11:40

So, to the first part. Yes.
      I am not sure about investments that are making money in the U.S. (I have some friends in Canada that might be able to answer that) Not something that has applied in my case. But, from what I understand it is only after 80,000 that one is supposed to pay U.S. income taxes. What I don’t know is if the total income becomes liable, or if it is only the amount in excess of 80K.
      Each state has different requirements, and that can get a little annoying. For example if you keep a driver’s license or a bank account in a particular state, they may require filing.
      In Colorado, even if no taxes are owed, if you have to file a US return and maintain a CO. driver’s license you are required to file in Colorado as well. Other states are different.
      Of Course in the long run ditching the Colorado DL makes sense.
      Also worth noting, Non-US residents who are full time residents abroad are not required to follow the dictates of the Affordable Care Catastrophe.
      It Generally takes quite a bit of residence in most countries to become a citizen, and seems unwise to renounce citizenship without papers somewhere else. That could cause a lot of problems.
      There are a ton of factors involved in deciding whether to naturalize, or just become a permanent resident, and further whether to renounce or maintain dual citizenship. (which is technically not recognized in the US unless it is with Israel, but tons of people do it anyway)
      Everybody has to weigh the pros and cons of each option.

14. Jon McRae on May 28, 2014 at 08:52

Richard:

My take is you are providing me with other ideas to look at, other ways to think about problems, other ways to think about myself and place in this time. I thank you for even if I do not agree entirely I am forced to look inward and explore and that is the true goal.

• Richard Nikoley on May 28, 2014 at 09:06

Jon

It’s simple honesty, man. It’s not like I came up with _all_ of this stuff myself. It’s an amalgamation of lots of voices I initially disagreed with almost entirely, and in many cases, still do in parts.

My approach is consider as many ideas as possible, integrate what makes sense, discard the rest, synthesize it all into you own unique worldview. I doubt anyone is right about everything, just as I doubt anyone is wrong about everything. The key is to continually be more right about more things over time.

Here’s a post that speaks to the process, if you didn’t see it.

• Jon McRae on May 29, 2014 at 08:32

Rich:

Thanks for the link I will be looking to get some of the readings mentioned in the post for the summer reading season, camping and unplugging from the machine seems to be the best time for reflection.

15. BigRob on May 28, 2014 at 09:28

Couldn’t agree more that the WWI and WWII capital has been spent and then some. The rest of the shits has all been for the overlords. Not real freedom.

16. Doug on May 28, 2014 at 13:25

I think our situation is a direct link to fiat money….only time will tell. To me taxes are a means of control. Congress with the President basically print money.

That is why I am so intrigued by Bitcoin…..that can truly be a world game changer.

17. Michael44 on May 28, 2014 at 21:25

Yes Doug.

Fiat money. Fractional Reserve Banking. The producing of money out of thin air by banks having the legal right to lend many times their deposit reserves out and to also then charge interest on it. I’m just in training wheels in trying to understand this but I am reading that this is actually true? It is my understanding that it actually is. And I hardly hear anybody on the mainstream media even talking about this. If banks are legally able to do this, then why don’t me (we) have the right to punch a few extra 000’s next to our bank balances? I am definitely very open to being refuted on this, as I am not close to being an expert, but it is what I am reading is the case.

• LaFrite on May 30, 2014 at 00:24

Found the paper, read the shit:

• LaFrite on May 30, 2014 at 00:22

Yes, it is exactly like this. There has been an official confirmation by the Bank of England, a truly amazing statement from the very perpetrators of this huge scam that is the bank-controlled-credit-as-debt-based-economy.

If only I could find the link because I was stunned when I read it a few weeks ago.

• Richard Nikoley on May 30, 2014 at 07:28

Please people.

Fractional reserve banking has been around forever and is really the only way to run an economy. Moreover, it was invented by private banks.

It’s like 20 years now I’ve been having this argument because there is so much tin-foil-hat misinformation out there.

Don’t have time this time around, but the problem is not FRB, it is monopoly fiat currency. In any modern system, there has to be a mechanism by which new money comes into the system beyond “gold mining.” Loans to credit worthy individuals is the most sound way, because those loans are used to produce value, and either labor or capital building productivity takes place to pay it back.

It’s called a modern economy.

Don’t fall for the hype from the loonies and gold bugs out there.

• Beans Mcgrady on May 30, 2014 at 07:38

Hey Richard,
      You threatened a post a while back about FRB, I hope you get to it before too long.
      I want to hear your argument on the subject.
      I also hope that you will tackle the common arguments against, as I am sure you are familiar with most of them. (If you have been having the discussion for twenty years you have probably heard it all)
      I tend, at least at this point, to land in the value-backed currency camp, but have a strong ability to change my opinion based on better information.
      So I look forward to hearing your opinions on that matter.

• Michael44 on May 30, 2014 at 18:59

Thanks LaFrite.

I’ll definitely have a look at that.

• Woodchuck Pirate on June 3, 2014 at 06:57

Richard,

Are you familiar with this “One Dollar Of Capital” paradigm?

The mixed economy model is socialism, not capitalism, and therefore is diametrically opposed to freedom. Therefore Karl Denninger’s “reform” will never be implemented and his “faith” in limited government will never be rewarded (and it shouldn’t be). However Karl’s approach is not characterized by gold, which by valid philosophy is a commodity distorted by perception/deception of irrational human behavior.

In any event I suspect creating credit out of thin air will continue to be the rope that hangs statism over and over again. Mathematics can be a deadly lover when betrayed.

Anarcho-Capitalism Or Else.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

18. RC on May 29, 2014 at 01:39

Hi Richard,
    The other country is a small African country. Funny cause the US govt has scolded this country in the UN for citizenship based taxation– yep – wtf?? Calling the kettle black or what.

It’s extremely hard to renounce citizenship– they want their money-that’s not deserved. Look at the new banking laws –many overseas banks will now not accept Americans- too much hassle.

• Richard Nikoley on May 29, 2014 at 06:55

Yea, I heard somewhere that the only effective way to renounce US citizenship is if it’s explicitly not to avoid US taxation. So, in essence, the position of the Land of the Free is that it owns you.

Quite a legacy of indentured servitude.

19. Howie on May 29, 2014 at 17:17

Check out how low the US is on the economic freedom rating list: . It just keeps falling every year. Militarization abroad has leached into the domestic domain.

• Richard Nikoley on May 29, 2014 at 17:24

We have police militarization that would make Stalin blush in shame.

Tiny little towns are getting armored personnel carries as war surplus, now.

• Howie on May 29, 2014 at 17:59

By the way, Richard, thanks for slowly dragging me away from my statist ways over the last 4-5 years with your posts (I’m a recovering liberal). I’m entrenched in the belly of the beast because of my current occupation but at least I know realize who the real enemy to humanity is.

• Richard Nikoley on May 29, 2014 at 18:59

Howie

Your life is yours. Both libs and cons are just trying to scam you. Simple as that, and I’m happy to have disagreements with you.

Get it?

• Howie on May 30, 2014 at 12:56

Got it Richard 🙂
      Thanks.

20. bettyboo on May 30, 2014 at 04:10
    • janet on May 30, 2014 at 11:28

Gee, so did Bush and Lincoln. http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/rightsandfreedoms/a/habeuscorpus.htm

Everybody seems to forget that when Bush took all those powers and then some, plus has issued way more Executive Orders than President Obama, that when a previous president seizes more power, and is not pushed back, that just gives the next presidents OK. Not happy now? Don’t play blind in the past when it was happening. Just sayin’. Where were you then, Bettyboop?

• Richard Nikoley on May 30, 2014 at 12:56

Janet:

Do you know what is by tradition nearly the first act of every newly inaugurated president? To sign an executive order affirming all previous executive orders of all previous presidents.

“If I were President,” my first act would be to vacate every last one of them, followed by an executive order to the executive (me) that there will never ever be another executive order.

21. John on May 30, 2014 at 12:02

The frequent flyer mile tax is something that I find quite interesting. I collect hundreds of thousands of points a year on various programs, and redeem them at varying values, sometimes quite high (like staying at the Park Hyatt in Paris where rooms are often over $1000 (US)/night, but were 22,000 points/night last year.

Most of the points I earn can have their value change at any moment, so how do you quantify their value for tax purposes? (That Paris Hyatt is now 30,000 points/night, and even if the point cost is fixed, the $ cost per night can change any minute).

Would the tax come upon redemption so that value could be determined, or when earned?

Its really a hobby to me, and many others, since there is so much travel value to be had if you know what you’re doing. Like, 5+ cents/point value (this gets really crazy when you start seeing people redeeming points for $10,000-$20,000 first class international flight suites for 100,000 points, etc).

But not if they figure out how to tax these points. I guess next we’ll have to start declaring how many holes have been punched in our ice cream card to determine the tax implications of how close we are to our free scoop.

• Richard Nikoley on May 30, 2014 at 12:59

Hopefully, I’ll be out of the US before they figure out how to tax my free car wash after 10 paid ones.

22. Michael44 on May 30, 2014 at 19:07

I’ll take on board would you’ve said about FRB Richard. If and when you have time (and that you can be bothered 🙂 ), it would be good to get some views from you and others on this.

Just mentioning again LaFrite that I will check out that link. Thanks.

23. Todd on May 31, 2014 at 09:25

What a post.

When I started reading your blog about 3 years ago I thought you were an entirely batshit crazy, angry fuck and it was the shock value of your thoughts and ideas that kept me coming back. It’s funny, but the pieces you write that appear to be the angriest come through as the most peaceful now.

People can’t see this post for what it truly is because from the moment of birth we’re taught not to think for ourselves by those who were taught the same. Any sort of push against that doesn’t sit well. It’s scary as hell when the beliefs you’ve been indoctrinated with all your life are called into question. I relish that feeling more and more because it means I’m truly forced to examine myself.

I’m so very glad I got over that hurdle, though, and mostly thanks to you, Richard. I feel more and more each day that my life is mine and not a product of “dronery.” As you say, one mind at a time.

24. RC on May 31, 2014 at 16:42

The only 2 countries that have an extraterritorial tax system requiring non-residents to report foreign income:

1.) United States (Land of the free)

2.) Eritrea (One of the poorest countries in Africa)