Laf Laf Laf. …The Arbitrary Wall Took a Great Fall, and All The King’s Horses and All The King’s Men, Couldn’t Put The Arbitrary Wall Back Together Again

I love it when commies get kicked in the teeth.

The two-year attempt to push immigration reform through Congress is effectively dead and unlikely to be revived until after President Obama leaves office, numerous lawmakers and advocates on both sides of the issue said this week.

The slow collapse of new border legislation — which has unraveled in recent months amid persistent opposition from House Republicans — marks the end of an effort that Democrats and Republicans have characterized as central to the future of their parties. The failure also leaves about 12 million illegal immigrants in continued limbo over their status and is certain to increase political pressure on Obama from the left to act on his own.

Some of the most vocal proponents of a legislative overhaul say they have surrendered any last hope that the parties can reach a deal. The realization marks a low point for advocates who mounted the first serious immigration push since 2007, when the Senate defeated a bipartisan effort under then-President George W. Bush.

Obama called immigration reform his top priority for his second term, and many GOP leaders suggested after the president’s reelection in 2012 that a deal was necessary for the party to broaden its appeal to Latinos.

Do you detect even a mere faint scent of anything but political advantage, with the poorest people on Earth as pawns? Not me.

It’s a bi-partisan failure, which is just fucking delicious, if you consider the political calculus involved.

Let me analysize it for you.

1. First, you have commie Democrats. They want it easy for a lot of uneducated, ignorant people to be able to immigrate so they can be bussed to polling places, on the come. Better if they can channel Richard Daly, and “vote early and often.”
  2. Second, you have commie Republicans who like their little private commune where, an application process is necessary before you get to live your life at the expense of other people.
  3. Nobody seems worried about educated and capable Canadians or western Europeans coming in. Democrats figure they’ll vote what they want anyway. Republicans figure most of them will be white.

My hope is that the United States gets flooded with millions of brown skins from south of the border, and that they figure out a way to both elect the most commie politicians, whilst getting on every commie government program possible.

Could be a good fight. My primary focus now is to be able to make my living from anyplace in the world I can plug in. Then go there and watch in the decades to come.

I’ll be partial to places that know how to make good popcorn.

1. cobalt on June 27, 2014 at 02:23

Do you catch Greg Hunter’s weekly news wrap-up?
    They are really great viewing if you don’t.

2. Marie K on June 26, 2014 at 21:26

Thailand. Maybe not good popcorn, but good Thai food. Chiang Mai. Stay away from Bangkok. Good health care. Live well on not very much. I’ll be old, well older. They like old people there. At least that’s what I’ve heard. I’m so disgusted with things here. It’s so fucked up we’ll never climb out of this mess. How much moolah was wasted on this immigration boondoggle? We could have sent several thousand immigrants to the most expensive universities so they could become attorneys and sue everybody in sight. Ok, now I’m just getting ridiculous. Thailand.

• Marie K on June 26, 2014 at 21:27

….I’ll be old by the time I finally get there, well older……

3. Bret on June 29, 2014 at 14:59

Richard, your penchant for referring to Democrats and Republicans as commies is nothing short of hilarious. And absolutely accurate.

I pity the poor souls I see day in and day out who blindly support, promote, and vote for their interpretation of the lesser of the two likeliest evils, and will probably do so until they die. Don’t bother telling them that the two parties are the exact same–they’re not having it. My mainstream party is going to save the world, and yours is a bunch of child molesters.

Unless or until (neither is likely) the Republicans learn not to be colossal hypocrites, I will vote non-mainstream libertarian(ish) or straight-up Demmunist. It’s better than electing liars who claim they support capitalism and free markets and want to reduce government, and in practice deliver crony capitalism and unprecedented governmental expansion. We thereby breed a whole new generation of economic ignoramuses, who look at the disastrous outcomes and say, “See??? This is what you get from capitalism, free markets, and limited government”–while in fact they have experienced nothing of the sort. They don’t even know what any of those terms means.

• Richard Nikoley on June 29, 2014 at 15:26

Thanks Bret.

I love it when some someone sees the pictures I try to paint. Not that I’m original, but I suppose I have the luxury of being able to preach to those who aren’t in the choir, all the time. That’s a principle reason I keep up the dietary blogging.

4. Marie K on June 29, 2014 at 18:00

Ok. Sorry about the rant earlier. Just got to thinking I may have sounded a little coo coo. I’m not. Really.

I actually feel like one of the lucky few and am eternally grateful for ALL the info here. I also realized that maybe I needed some RS and an SBO probiotic. Or two. Thanks for your blog, Richard.

• Richard Nikoley on June 29, 2014 at 18:08

Ha, you got a ways to go to catch up with me, Marie. 🙂

• Marie K on June 29, 2014 at 18:16