Headed Out

Back up to the mountain retreat at 4,000 ft elevation.

Returning next Thursday afternoon. I have a number of blog posts planned, in the works. Lots of book editing. It’s 90% rough drafted, 1/3 – 1/2 manuscript ready for the publisher. Dumped all 21 chapters into a single file yesterday and 12-pt type with 1″ margins, it comes to ~450 pages. 157K words apart from the citations, 174K with the citations.

Laterbye.

1. JCB on June 14, 2014 at 05:53

Very much looking forward to the book coming out.

Do you have a publication date?

2. HPSAUCE on June 14, 2014 at 16:15

I think my family wants me to “head out” somewhere as well. It’s only been just over a week since adding RS to my regime. You just can’t even imagine the music I’m making. I’ve started feeding them some too, so they have something to defend themselves with. It’s a good thing I work for myself or I’d likely be fired! I’m really hoping this stink ass settles down a bit soon. Any hints to calm the beast?

• Richard Nikoley on June 14, 2014 at 16:45

Do no RS for 2 days per week, then resume. Only thing I’ve got.

I can now take a bolus dose and have nothing but normal farts. in the beginning, it was hilarious. Never had 30-second farts before.

• Marie K on June 15, 2014 at 09:15

Richard, Under what circumstances would you take a bolus dose? And at what amount?

• Richard Nikoley on June 15, 2014 at 09:24

No particular circumstances. Just every now and then, 4-8 TBS in one shot. But often I’ll go days without any.

3. HPSAUCE on June 14, 2014 at 20:06

Thanks for your help. I’m actually having a riot with this so maybe I should just go full “steam” ahead anyway. Should those days be consecutive or just days I choose to be in public? I do have to say that it has worked for a family member who’s poop always floated. Only a few days and we got touch down!! You rock.

4. LeonRover on June 15, 2014 at 06:48

HPSAUCY,

Be careful lest “full steam ahead” results in “full stream astern”. :)) :))

Leon

5. Gemma on June 16, 2014 at 00:27

@LeonRover

… so called Titanic’s Final Manoeuvre.

There is no general advice, the only right command. Watch out for the icebergs by yourself.

6. HPSAUCE on June 16, 2014 at 13:12

Took 4T at supper last night and slept deep. No gas today, so this is starting to work for me. Aside from fixing a life long tendency toward constipation as well. Hilarious comments are awesome!! Now on to more serious business. My grandson (10) has ITP which causes much concern about bleeding and the inability to clot. My daughter “F bombed” the specialist in Calgary during their last visit. We discovered that a mild dose of thyroid supplementation helped bring his platelet numbers up substantially but the specialist wanted that treatment stopped. After only a few months of ceasing this treatment my GS’s teacher has noticed a huge decline in his thinking processes. I do believe his platelets are starting to nosedive as well since he started getting nose bleeds again. Shit. So I am encouraging my daughter to increase his RS to his already healthy diet. Does anyone here have any experience with ITP… Ideopathicthrombocytopena purpura is my best guess at the spelling. FSAMF!!

7. Marie K on June 16, 2014 at 16:38

Thanks for the ‘bolus’ info. Took 4T last night after a few days of not taking very much or any, 1T each of PS, banana, plantain and tapioca flour. Slept like a rock and minimal sound affects today.

Have you heard of the book, ‘The Microbiome Diet,’ by Raphael Kellman? Just came out I believe. Amazon isn’t allowing a peak at the contents.