Well, Given a Gaudy Shirt, We Sure as Must Need to Put a Woman on Mars, Now

Jannet “Judgy Bitch” Bloomfield’s post: It’s not advanced math and rigorous training that keeps women out of STEM. It’s sexist shirts. Watch feminists break the stupid meter.

STEM = Science Technology Engineering Math

Anyway, some geek scientist that helped happen an unwomaned lander land on a rapidly spinning comet in space, traveling at a bazillion MPH wore a shirt that a only a true geek, autistic savant, or Aspergers would wear in public. Or, perhaps an asshole like me, whilst sporting a grin and a middle finger.

Via Amy Alkon: David Burge with the nutshell on the furor:

@Iowahawkblog
“Man Forced to Apologize for Sexist Shirt After Successfully Landing Spacecraft on Comet” has to be the ultimate headline for our age.

JB frames it exactly right for my taste.

stupid meter

I love what Janet and others do in the men are men space, it’s just not my quotidian bag. I’ve never been with A Stupid as man-woman deal (avoid plagues); and as an employer, I easily filtered out such Stupid from every person hired (I discriminate). Easy to filter. Just give ’em rope. My mom—and grandmother, and great grandmother, in their living days—lafs at the impotence of feminists and their childlike entitlement angle. …My great grandmother dumped a number of men, raised two kids by herself during the Great Depression—had her first kid of two at 15. She was 58 when I was born, died when I was 29.

Sorry children-femmes: my great grandmother taught me what a real woman of adult determination was like. She never pouted about men. Actually, I don’t think she ever worried much about them, untoward like. She adored her great grandkids, though. I know, firsthand. When I was a boy, a trip to see grandnanna was just the dessert of life, then.

But with feminism, it’s those High-School Bitch films all over again.

This blue comet upon which we dwell is now simply swimming in meaningless feelings. Everybody has feelings. Feelings have become as ubiquitous and as faux ”important” as the latest narcissist Facebook update you saw of someone’s check-in, or what they happen to “think” about something.

I don’t give a fuck about anyone’s feelings. Not truly. Not when its unimportant; and the world I live in now is most focussed on the unimportant and facile.

Why should you? Care, I mean. If someone has some legit beef about something, U did them wrong in some way; …or, perhaps they care about you enough to let you know that they think you’re just wrong, but with actual adult-like reasons? We don’t do that on this comet, anymore. We’re all rushing to be narcissist, solipsist children as fast as possible—and there’s many apps for that…

In short—and it’s getting embarrassing to post about this anymore—dealing with feminism is simply an exercise in dealing with children. And, as you know, it’s always, and always: for the children. THE CHILD…REN! Yea, 100% of feminists bought that pathetic wife of a public presidential philanderer line, and: It Takes a Village.

Feminists are a CAFO OF USELESS BULLSHIT FEELING.

CAFO = Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation

…I liked this JB riff the best:

A woman made the shirt for him. There’s your first clue, Einstein. That shirt does not offend or demean 50% of the world’s population. It offends joyless, petulant, irrational, victim worshipping feminists cunts like you!

Yeah, yeah, cunt is a bit harsh, but do you know why I like using those words, especially to describe feminists? It’s a way of iterating, forcefully, that their precious feelz matter not one fucking bit to me. Women’s feelings do not matter more than men’s feelings, women do not have the right to walk through life in a state of perpetual comfort, never offended by anything at any time anywhere. It is not wrong to offend women and most women know this already!

It’s feminist bitches who seem to think the world owes them permanent obsequious and obedience. Remember this pathetic attention whore? Tweeting out her butthurt over a Dongle joke that wasn’t even addressed to her?

As I said, this stuff is just not particularly in my wheelhouse (see the meter at the top). I’ve had my run ins, but they fade away. I never cared a runny shit for their feelings. JB can probably get away with using THE C-WORD, since she’s a woman. Oh, wait. She loves and celebrates men, and derides feminists. Nevermind.

…The thing Janet is deriding, though, is the idea that things like a geek wearing a “sexist” shirt (rather than in simple bad taste, like your great grandmother taught you) is what’s keeping women from pursuing STEM carriers.

They hear comments about “bitches” while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors.

stripper
Futre Stripper, Not STEM

From my perspective on this comet for nearly 54 years, women make it go round one way; and men, another. Neither orbits nor rotations are pristine. It’s evolutionary and animal. It ought be free.

Thank doG.

I’ll close with Amy Alkon.

Clearly, feminism is no longer about demanding that women be treated as equals, but as eggshells.

1. Harriet on November 17, 2014 at 22:48

After decades of considering myself a feminist, I sadly have to let go of that descriptor. My original understanding of being a feminist back in the 1970s was that feminism was about liberation, both for women and for men. Then the more active women went out and got lives and the socialist, entitlement grabbing group went out and hogged the academic and “helping” agencies becoming troughers of the first order. Very sad.

I’m still for liberation, but now I cannot be bothered with feminists any more as I have a good life now – as a result of the hard work I have put in, not as a result of riding on the feminist bandwagon. I realised that their belief system was what was keeping me a victim where I was. A major requirement of liberation is to become the driver of one’s own life, to get over hurdles in our way as best we can. Everyone has hurdles, some more than others. I’m grateful I have lived when and where I have with the opportunities that were and are there. But feminism, as in the socialist, whinging, misery guts, its “the abuser’s fault”, etc, etc didn’t help me one iota and I don’t see it helping others either – unless they have their nose in the trough paid for by the taxpayer.

2. Troels on November 18, 2014 at 01:00

I don’t find that shirt sexist. I would rather say that it celebrates an idea of a hot woman.

3. Chuck on November 18, 2014 at 12:15

From what I have witnessed in life (and I’m only 36), most women do not seem to want to be treated equally. They like the special treatment that comes with being female and expect it. That’s fine if you’re dating, but not if I’m just your co-worker. From my experiences they just want equality on the paycheck, understandably so, but many do want to do the same work as men, or can’t do it when it’s required (I have actually heard them complain about being expected to do the same things). I work in a factory and the women work with us side by side doing the same jobs, but the problem is that many of them can’t handle what is required (heavy lifting, working on or setting up machines, etc.) and the guys are expected to stop what they are doing to go help them all the time. The women that can hold their own complain because the others get special treatment and you know what that means. DRAMA. The guys complain about having to help the same ones all the time too, and eventually just refuse to help after a while. More drama. My other pet peeve about the place I work is that I see men get fired at the drop of a hat all the time, but women get away with murder all the time and rarely get fired, they barely get wrote up.

After saying all that, I really don’t mind working with women and have no problem with equal pay if you can do what your suppose to and not be a burden on everyone else, otherwise it’s just a slap in the face that you are getting paid the same or more than me and I have to help you do your job all the time. I blame most of it on the management because they let it happen. If they won’t do their job show them the door, if they try and just can’t do it, put them in another position that they can handle (man or woman).

• Harriet on November 18, 2014 at 16:13

Chuck, I think it is better if one takes gender out of it – all people should be able to do the job they are paid to do (unless its temporary due to illness).

But don’t get too upset about it. For decades (centuries?) women were expected to work twice as hard and effectively for less pay – and still are in some environments. Now you know what it feels like, though it doesn’t make it right. The pendulum has just moved a way that is all. Pendulums keep shifting, that is a given.

• pzo on November 18, 2014 at 16:39

Who, Harriet. Don’t know how you come to your conclusions. Men’s jobs and women’s jobs/roles seldom overlapped until recently, in historical terms. Not so many female underground coal miners or lumberjacks, huh?

As Chuck accurately points out, within the same jobs or responsibility levels, men are expected to pick up the slack(s) that women won’t or can’t rise to. Who do you think is left at 5PM to finish that urgent project as the women absolutely have to get to child care to pick up their kids?

You canNOT take gender – or socialization – out of it.

I suggest you spend a couple of days over at http://www.judgybitch.com . You might find your perceptions are totally wrong.

• Chuck on November 19, 2014 at 10:50

Yes the men should be held accountable to do their job as well. The problem with the place I currently work at is that you need to be mechanically inclined for machine operator/setup positions. Unfortunately it seems a majority of women are not mechanically inclined. Not trying to be sexist, that’s just what I am seeing. In the department that I started in (toughest and most stressful one in the whole building), I noticed that it took the women about six months to a year to get to the same level as most men get to in two to three months. I’m talking new people that have never done it before, men and women. Some of the women become very good operators, it just takes them two to three times longer to get there. What usually happens is the guys get tired of showing them the same things over and over and just leave them hanging when they come ask again. That creates drama.

• pzo on November 19, 2014 at 13:06

Men excel in mechanical aptitude and spacial relations. It’s just fact. But dontcha know it’s all due to evil social influences?

Something I observed for almost a half century is that in many hobby fields, the participants are 98% male. There is nothing to stop any woman to wallow in the tech side of photography or electronics. It used to be personal contacts, sales personnel, letters to editors, writers of columns in magazines, etc.

Women? Missing in action despite the doors being wide open self-selection at its best.

Today this is observed in online forums. Go to any consumer electronics forum, say for Android phones. Or, cars. Or, appliance repairs. Or, photography (not the art, the sciences involved.) Again, nary a woman to be seen.

BTW, 60% of realtors are woman. I guess we men didn’t fight hard enough to keep them out of the field. Attractive, potentially high income, clean, indoor work. Just what women seek.

• Chuck on November 20, 2014 at 10:55

I do get upset Harriet, because women fought their asses off decades ago to get that equality, and now many women whine and cry because now it’s expected of them. They didn’t fight for those rights so that you could go to work and play the helpless damsel in distress. Most men have no respect for women that behave that way at work, because it makes it miserable for everyone. When men behave that way they are given the ultimatum to straighten up or are shown the door very quickly.

4. SusieCruising on November 19, 2014 at 02:07

“Energy goes where attention flows.”

5. Gilnut on November 19, 2014 at 06:55

Crap like this ALL stems from the faux “social contract” that’s been sold to everybody by the government via the public scrool systems. Socialism starts at the bottom, and most cannot, for their own sake, rise above it.

Have you ever wondered why so many people “crusade” over one thing or another, turning these most innane topics into a religious ferver? It’s a twisted and bent way of enforcing their own interpretation of this “social contract”. Don’t wear this/that, don’t eat this/that, don’t say these/those words, hell now it’s even don’t think this/that. Fuck ’em all. And I say that with the utmost respect/contempt. LOL.

• GTR on November 19, 2014 at 15:42

@pzo – our hunter-gatherers ancestors were SEXIST, and it’s SEXISM that gave them the advantage over non-sexists, now extinct hominis.

• pzo on November 19, 2014 at 09:29

You seriously need some new medications or classes in critical thinking, Gilnut. These social crusades having nothing to do with “social contract.”

Our paleo ancestors, and existing HG tribes are all “socialistic” and “communistic,” BTW. The individual matters not if he or she isn’t contributing to the well being of the group, exceptions being the, oh darn, here it is, social contract to take care of those who can’t take care of themselves. The very young, the injured, the elderly.

Stay away from Fox “News,” and similar sources. Truth can be a refreshing road to walk on.

• Richard Nikoley on November 19, 2014 at 16:14

GTR does have a point.

There is little doubt to me that HARD sexist division of labor helped make it possible for us to exist.

Moreover, Democratic theft has at least given split tails more social power, independent of the cocks they suck.

I have no idea how that shakes out evolutionarily.

• pzo on November 19, 2014 at 16:59

I completely agree. That wasn’t what I addressed.

• pzo on November 19, 2014 at 17:06

Without even looking at your link, I not only agree, I’m surprised you didn’t see such in my comment.

Men were men, women were women. Roles perfectly defined. Like it or not, that’s how we got here.

• Gilnut on November 21, 2014 at 06:48

pzo, the very things you talk about, contributing to the well being of the group, the young, the injured, the elderly, do not scale socially. They are, however, very valid social constructs, which is EXACTLY why politicians use them to sell new controls and taxes which are used to enslave you. It’s a common theme wound up into what I call the “social contract”. That’s not to say that the idea’s themselves aren’t valid, what’s invalid is the context in which they are used. Hence the saying “The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.”

P.S. I’m agnostic both in my religious beliefs and political beliefs, so I don’t listen to Faux news or any of the others. I do my research and connect my own dots.

• pzo on November 21, 2014 at 07:12

Thanks for your measured reply, Gilnut.

I will disagree with you that care for others doesn’t “scale socially.” True, in large populations we lose that personal touch, but what is the alternative? I recently had some “conversation” with an evolution denying Christian who decried social programs. I asked her about Matthew 25, the so called sermon on the mount, about Jesus’ mandate to take care of each other (paraphrased by me) and how does she reconcile that? Her response was that government isn’t supposed to do the care, so end of story. Or her obligations, I guess.

When I was in the work force, every paycheck I got that had those SS and Medicare deductions, I was glad to see them. I knew my parent’s lives were made better for them, and I didn’t have to stop working to care for them. (Although I eventually did so.) Even now, when there’s a appropriate interaction with some working stiff, I thank them for their work and their withholdings.

It may not be perfect, but what human endeavor is?

• Gilnut on November 21, 2014 at 11:41

The alternative is….what it always was prior to GovCo. coopting so much of social welfare in this country.

I grew up in a very rural community, the Post Office was located in the local General Store. Granges and local community church’s were very much alive and thriving, organizing luncheons and dinners for the community at no to low admittance fee (if they knew you were poor, you were just waved inside even if there was a fee). That’s how social commitments should be handled. If your barn needed a new roof the farmers in the area came together to help….you in turn helped when someone else needed it.

That scales. Family, friends, and neighbors take care of family, friends and neighbors. Other than that, you’re on your own. This is one of the primary reasons that I fully believe that huge cities like LA and NY could in no way survive without GovCo. The root of civil decay in this country is the decay in family, friends, and neighborhoods. GovCo has coopted these concepts. To our own detriment.

• Richard Nikoley on November 21, 2014 at 11:48

Perfect, Gilnut.

Anarchy begins at home.

6. Ulfric Douglas on November 19, 2014 at 08:31

Apart from the twatting whingers there is another evil criminal at work here : whatever project manager /backer / PR officer forced the guy to apologise on-camera. Evil basterds probably threatened to fire him or steal his money.

• Regina on November 19, 2014 at 08:41

I agree Ulfric. It was painful watching his emotional apology. Poor man. He should have ignored that rabid hag.

Regina

7. Dan on November 19, 2014 at 16:51

One of the things I always found interesting was our ex-New Zealand prime minister (Helen Clark). She just kind of commanded respect. She didn’t exude victimhood, but rather dominance. People used to insult her by calling her a man, but it’s woman like her that feminists should aspire to be like. They just push on through all that shit regardless. Actually I would even put Madonna in that category too. I remember all the shit she got when she first came out and for decades afterwards but she didn’t make excuses or apologize she just death with it and moved forward with her career, while people called her a bitch for it. I guess my point is that strong woman are not victims they command respect, and don’t need feminism.

• pzo on November 19, 2014 at 17:03

Women who are seriously into politics are no different than so-called Type A males. Golda Meier, Margaret Thatcher. Balls in cunt clothing. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that.

Just trying to point out that women who rise to the top politically are not sweet, passive, alternatives. They are men, psychologically and in personality.

• Dan on November 20, 2014 at 02:45

So maybe it is not a ‘male’ thing but rather a personality type that males tend to show more of. Helen Clark was very different than Margaret Thatcher she was definitely more left. She was also incredibly smart (though Margaret Thatcher probably was too).

And that is also why I brought up the Madonna thing. She definitely has a type A personality, and was called a bitch for it millions of times, but if she didn’t I don’t think she could have put up with all that bullshit without having a mental breakdown. What I like about her is she used her femininity to do it. I remember she drove the feminists crazy because she was essentially doing what they espoused woman should be able to do, but breaking the feminist rules at the same time. I remember a New York Times article was written about it. She even said herself she is not a feminist because she believes in equality for woman AND men. By that emphasis I took it that she realised herself just how feminism is biased. Love or hate her no one can deny she was always the one in control of her life, and no one was telling her how to live it.

• pzo on November 20, 2014 at 14:35

Excellent observations. I’ve always loved Madonna for her independence.

When folks bemoan the lack of women in politics, they don’t seem to see or understand that the women who have been major players in politics are, in personality, Type A males.

Not saying that Pelosi, Clinton, Meir, Bhutto may have not brought some female understandings to the process. Just as female police officers use different “tools” in dealing with the job. But bottom line, they need a Type A personality to do what they do.

8. GTR on November 20, 2014 at 00:10

It’s like an ownership of a women image by feminists. Feminist think they own the symbolics of women, so they are in power decide how others may use it. No licenses for the unapproved symbolics. On shirts, in computer games (eg. Anita Sarkeesian, Gamergate) etc.

9. Kristina on November 29, 2014 at 14:51

Wow, it’s been a long time since I read anything on this blog. I missed a LOT.

I was in a civil engineering program for 2.5 years and quit to pursue pre-med instead. I finished my degree in Classics and got an MS in medical science, now I’m applying to medical schools (extremely late in the season, but better late than never). I didn’t quit engineering because I got offended about T-shirts. I quit because I hate doing math and had somehow forgotten that fact about myself long enough to pass calculus 1 and 2. Engineering takes an incalculable amount of work and determination. You have to love it unconditionally to get through it (I didn’t). If you’re willing to quit or avoid it entirely because of a T-shirt, you don’t belong there.