Roasted Chicken and Pinto Beans

It’s so Paleo Anarchy.

IMG 2811
2:00 PM “Break Fast”

…Makes me feel sorry for the paleo Rabbits with their bales of greens and a side of hubris. Could this kinda thing help you break through that “LC Stall?

1. James+H. on December 13, 2014 at 06:34

I’ve never been a big fan of chicken but for some reason roasted chicken is my favorite meat accompaniment with pinto beans.

2. Fit Journal on December 13, 2014 at 12:18

Thanks to your posts and experimentation with beans, rice, potato I am thankful to report that my arthritis is improving since cutting loose from the paleo dogma. Paleo did bring about some positive things (eating real food, cutting sugar WAY back, and helping me with recipes since I’ve been Celiac since way before it was trendy). It also caused some thyroid issues, crazy IBS, and carbophobia. Thanks for your continued questioning and sharing of information. You offend the heck out of me (as a conservative Christian republican) but you are a treasure of information and I appreciate you.

• Richard Nikoley on December 13, 2014 at 13:08

“You offend the heck out of me (as a conservative Christian republican) but you are a treasure of information and I appreciate you.”

I’m perfectly happy with folks taking what they like and leaving the rest. Think of it as an a-la-carte menu.

Just for that, I’ll fix your typo.

3. Tyler on December 13, 2014 at 14:15

Over the past few months I’ve gotten the hang of making lentils quite tasty — however, I have no recollection of ever having cooked any type of beans.

Those pintos look pretty appetizing. How’d you make ’em?

• Richard Nikoley on December 13, 2014 at 15:20

I didn’t, Bea did. Just dump ’em dry in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, turn down to a light simmer until tender (about 2 hours.

Don’t salt until done, or they will be purple pinto beans.

4. steve+W on December 13, 2014 at 20:26

*Rabbits* ay? Vox Day reader?

5. Bret on December 13, 2014 at 21:26

One more smile-inducing gem I just found in Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. Figured this would be a good place to share it (emphasis mine).

Some of the current theories of the chemistry of tooth decay place the responsibility on the local condition in the mouth as affected by the contributing factors provided by sugars and starches which enhance the growth of acid producing organisms. A phase of this has been closely related to the slogan that a clean tooth cannot decay. Among the difficulties in applying this interpretation is the physical impossibility of keeping teeth bacteriologically clean in the environment of the mouth. Another difficulty is the fact that many primitive races have their teeth smeared with starchy foods almost constantly and make no effort whatsoever to clean their teeth. In spite of this they have no tooth decay.

Yep, carbs are evil.