Catching a Nouvelle Vague For a Week

No Idea outcomes, but it’s my birthday tomorrow; just arrived up here today, will be here for 5-6 days, depending on when I feel like leaving. Family is coming up starting tomorrow. Lots. Haven’t seen my long haul truck driving baby bro in almost a year and I get weepy when I think about seeing him.

…In a manner of speaking.

I’ll blog when I want, absolutely and only what strikes my total fancy. No sun much here, so I’m not likely to get any blisters in it.

Perhaps though, you’ll dance along with me. In my world of fantasy.

…Just know that we’ll eventually take different roads and love will tear us apart.

But we’ll be in peace, and in the name of love. Right, Bono?

I’ll see you later.

1. EF on January 29, 2015 at 04:40

Binge watch Deadwood. Al Swearengen is amazing.

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 10:08

That’s a pretty good idea.

Have you seen House of Cards? Netflix original. Season 3 should be out soon.

• EF on January 29, 2015 at 13:13

No. But trust me on Deadwood. Al Swearengen makes Omar Little look like My Little Pony. Swearengen is the ultimate anti-hero. Give it one or two episodes and you will be hooked.

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 14:00

I did catch a few episodes near the end of the series, but too late to get into. I’ll give it a shot. Just queued up a bunch of stuff including that. Amazon Prime is great for having so many HBO series. That’s how I was able to watch The Wire.

Going to check out Marco Polo (Netflix Original) too, and White Queen.

2. Resurgent on January 29, 2015 at 07:14

Happy Birthday..Richard..!
    Live long..!! Be Well..!!

3. cunty on January 29, 2015 at 07:18

Happy birthday cunt.

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 10:02

😉

Still waiting for my annual call from a friend, every year, soon as I answer the phone:

“Happy birthday, FUCKER!”

4. Starch lvr on January 29, 2015 at 07:22

Just another day closer to dead!!

5. Alesia on January 29, 2015 at 11:42

Happy Birthday!

6. Beans Mcgrady on January 29, 2015 at 13:20

Well, happy birthday.
    Since someone brought up TV, you might give Vikings a try if you haven’t.
    I just watched the first seven episodes, and it has some pretty good production value.
    What amuses me most is the juxtaposition of the Norse and English religious beliefs.
    I am suspicious that at least one of the writers is an atheist, since it really feels like two silly superstitions dueling.
    Beyond that, it is kind of game of thrones minus the magic, and loosely based on the Scandinavian King Arthur.
    Don’t drink too much.

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 14:03

Yep, queued up Vikings as well.

In terms of not drinking too much, last night, until about 1:30am, cured me of that, at least for today. Bleh!

7. Marc on January 29, 2015 at 19:15

Happy birthday Richard!

“To drunk to fuck” is still my all time personal favorite from N.V

Marc

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 21:14

They are one of a few artists where I like every track on every album. I have them all.

I discovered them some years ago serendipitously on an NPR interview. I’m like wait, French people took American new wave and punk and rearranged into Bossa nova? This I gotta hear. And I love how they are true to the lyrics. Fuck yea!