Let Me Go All Homophobe On Your Butts

Ha, just realized the title has an implicit contradiction in terms. Oh, well.

That Chick-fil-A post yesterday was off the cuff, stream of conscience…just a nagging itch, really. I got a pretty reasonable comment from a person who happens to like different genitals than I (assuming male, since ‘gay’ and not ‘lesbian’ was used).

It’s good to hear that there’s a decent fast food establishment in existence. Due to the owner’s homophobic comments, I would never give them any of my business (although, to be completely honest, it’s probably more out of orthorexia than my coincidental affinity for the same sex… I never eat fast food) but I fully support free speech and am grateful to live in a country where you can express yourself freely, no matter how ignorant or hateful the expressions may be. I have friends who eat at chick-fil-a and it doesn’t offend me in the least. I vote with my dollar. They can vote with theirs.

But regarding the workforce: Nothing like robots to keep a well-oiled machine functioning without kinks. Keeps the novelty and creativity at bay. Even Stalin would be proud. Can’t wait to give ‘em a chance as soon as I start eating fast food and stop being gay.

My reply:

Cassandra:

Well, first of all, I think the “homophobe” label has become as meaningful as “racist,” “feminist,” “misogynist,” et al…where nothing contra the Official Agenda can be uttered or written without being tagged with it.

I didn’t look at any of the comments made by C-f-A, but I’m generally against using neologisms when words like “ignorant” will do just fine. In this case, it’s probably religulous-based ignorance.

Anyway, I hesitate to relate this—’cause it’s not at all that I have gay friends (like a token I wear around my neck or pet I walk on a leash). We have lots of true, longtime friends who happen to be gay and lesbian (we used to own an urban loft).

So, this runs the gamut of me being the handyman on call for two old dykes (one now past—we attended the Unitarian funeral) to house sitting, pet sitting, mutual dog walking with Mark almost every night…trading saltwater aquarium tips with Ale (and tending to each others tank’s while on trips), innumerable dinners at their places and mine, visits once they moved away, and even a couple of them flying up from Gay WeHo to surprise me for my 49th bday. And much more.

Here’s the thing though. Once you know them as friends the “gayness” or “lesbian” stuff is irrelevant and so, I’m sick to fucking death of hearing about it. Hell, in Mark’s case, in his bag of profound idiosyncrasies and eccentricities, being a single gay man is the least of his queerness. If he didn’t exist, you’d have to invent him.

And neither does “marriage equality” interest me. Sure, I suppose they have the right to be just as miserable as everyone else in that regard, but the state has no business in marriage contracts, and certainly not to change terms on you after you’ve signed up. Marriage should be strictly a social institution where traditions are determined by those sharing like values (religious or secular).

I’m tired of the requirement, now, that virtually every show on TEEVEE has to have a token homosexual and oh, even if it’s a cooking competition, it’s somehow relevant and has to be alluded to over and over.

Finally, not everything in the world has to be comprised of people “expressing themselves.” Sometimes, perhaps a business wants to express ITSELF to clientele in a way that jives with THEIR values, and they seek employees willing to jump on board with that.

OK, that’s all. Doggies and I are headed to the cabin where family is joining me over the next couple of days for my 54th. Beatrice heads up tomorrow straight from school.

1. SusieQ on January 28, 2015 at 10:08

It’s not homophobia, it’s just cultural saturation…

…but thats’s how the pendulum of social change swings until it finally finds a settling point.

Cracks me up though like white people when they say: ‘but I have black friends!”

• SusieQ on January 28, 2015 at 10:08

PS, Happy 54

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 10:20

Don’t get fucking stupid cunty on me:

“Anyway, I hesitate to relate this—’cause it’s not at all that I have gay friends (like a token I wear around my neck or pet I walk on a leash). ”

You cunt. This was explicitly designed to expose such cunt. Success.

You stupid cunt. Go fuck yourself. These are me friends.

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 10:20

“Happy 54”

GFY

2. rob on January 28, 2015 at 10:23

Gays are this decade’s “Single Mom,” in both cases people are presented as heroes for no particular reason.

The thing about it that chaps my hide is the prohibition on using the F world, we already have the N word, the C word and the R word, pretty soon it’s going to be impossible to insult anyone.

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 10:32

rob:

“the prohibition on using the F word”

Now, just imagine if America was so old as to have this as a common insult”

“va te faire enculer”

Google it.

3. Douglas on January 28, 2015 at 10:46

If you are looking for some reading in your spare time or while smoking a cigar at the cottage, p/u a copy of “the confessions of an english opium eater” by Thomas De Quincey. This is in lieu of an oblique comment to a previous post about “the opium of the people”. Only, it is about the real thing. Extremely well written in the maneurism of De Quincey’s time. To read in twillight with a glass of brandy ora bowl of something else. Enjoy yourself with your family (and optionally with De Quincey).

4. John on January 28, 2015 at 10:48

I always wonder why HBO feels the need to throw graphic gay scenes into all their shows. They’re way over the top with sex generally, to a degree that makes their otherwise good shows comical at times. Useless distraction.

They gay scenes irritate me because they seem designed for easy affect. Oh how scandalous and shocking!

While watching Game of Thrones, would people really miss seeing guys shaving and cutting each other while talking about sucking each other off? Similarly, would the show be worse off with less ridiculous straight sex and S&M type stuff?

“Please, lets put aside this intricate scheme for a second while I fondle these two whores tits and talk about fucking them while blowing you.”

5. Chris on January 28, 2015 at 11:54

If your intent is to insult, then why should approbation bother you ? Insult away and damn the consequences!

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 14:53

Not sure what you mean, except perhaps damnation by faint approbation.

• rob on January 28, 2015 at 15:56

It used to be that insulting someone would sometimes result in horrifying violence, in the modern world, however, there are no significant consequences, so as you say “insult away and damn the consequences!” because there are no consequences. If there were consequences, there would be far fewer insults.

But that doesn’t work in the present day.

Excuse me while I tuck my penis between my legs and pretend I am a woman.

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 18:59

“because there are no consequences. If there were consequences, there would be far fewer insults.”

Everybody ought spend time around a campfire of hunters, guns all over the place, some strapped on hips. I generally dismiss anyone as an infant who has not been around people holding loaded guns and they weren’t police.

Hell, I grew up with a grandmother with a loaded .38 on her nightstand. That snub nose revolver is now mine,

6. Dr. Curmudgeon Gee on January 28, 2015 at 21:05

strange, it’s just the opposite for me — once i get to know a person, the “gayness” becomes more pronounced (like, i realize more & more different ve & i are in family issues…)

ok. call me a bigot.

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 22:24

There are plenty who don’t really give a shit. And pithy Queens will give you endless belly laughs.

Anyone can be a bore. That transcends genital preference.

• Dr. Curmudgeon Gee on January 29, 2015 at 19:01

i was thinking specifically about what a gay man does if ve has such strong urge to procreate?
      obviously this is not the topic casual gay friends tell would discuss w/ me.

paying some $ to 2 Indian poor women : one an egg doner then rents another womb to carry twins or quadruplets; C section, the baby is taken away right away, & not fed w/ breast milk.

i disagree with such practice & i dont’ care if i’m called a bigot for it. (that’s what i meant, the “gayness” really became more pronounced & disagreeable, once i get to know them better)

• Richard Nikoley on January 29, 2015 at 19:10

It’s a decent point. Better they adopt the already homeless.

7. Gina on January 28, 2015 at 22:22

I think people like me (i.e. non-theists, anti-government people, anti-police people, recreational drug users, people who don’t kiss military ass, etc.) should take note of what the gay movement has accomplished by the shear courage of people coming out when it was dangerous and stop bitching. I mean, would we really care if, for example, libertarians or atheists were overrepresented on television? I think not. I know I’d love it if the vegan, knitting, libertarian, atheist cat ladies had a lot of good sex on TV. We have a lot of good sex in real life, after all. 😉

• Richard Nikoley on January 28, 2015 at 22:32

I don’t accept your premise.

“Courage.”

No, it’s not that. It’s rather finally simply overcoming cowardice.

And I’m not intereststed in bullshit. People have been burned at the stake for beliefs, hanged for the color of their skin.

Go ahead and tell me how courageous it was to show your black face in public.

The fact of widespread ignorance does not make one courageous.

Now, show me a gay guy that beat the shit out of somone for taking ignorance to action. That’s courage. All else is huckster in that regard.