Sunday Church For Human Animals: Je Suis Charlie

By request, from a very special person I can’t refuse. Here’s a reference for those who don’t get it. And these.

o UNTOUCHABLES 570

220px Charliehebdo

It’s difficult to express how weary I am over fucktarded Islam. …Muslims in general, and their faux victimhood and offense taking. …Hordes of 14th Century, Dirt-Scratching Savages.  I literally do not care what happens to any of them, anywhere, at any time, on any pretense.

I fart in their general direction.

BigAss Update: Rishad Ahmed comments:

Hi Richard,

I’m an avid follower of your blog and refer many people to buy your books and support your work. And I really respected your knowledge! But that just all went out the window! How can you blanketley label all Muslims as fucktards? I’m not going to send a hit squad to your house or do anything remotely stupid as those fucktards in Paris did against those cartoons that were purposely released to create publicity as they had in the past but this time they got more than what they were bargaining for. They are fucktards too as far as I’m concerned. Why is it against French law to criticise the Holocaust but anything against other religions makes us all fucktards? I dare you to post this to your blog. Why don’t you apply the same method of deduction and reasoning to why all carbs are not bad to 1/6 th of the world’s population? How can a man with such investigative abilities fail to see that there might be good people in all religions including those 14th century hordes as you refer to them?

As far as I’m concerned you’re dick head and since you coined the term, the fucktard Supremo!

Let’s do an old USENET style of rebuttal.

“I’m an avid follower of your blog and refer many people to buy your books and support your work. And I really respected your knowledge! But that just all went out the window!”

Sounds objective. What? It’s not like I just come out in favor of honey, or something. Or, did I hit a bias? Let’s dig deeper.

“How can you blanketley label all Muslims as fucktards?”

Uh, for the same reason I often label myself as a fucktard? It is on record here. I’m pretty sure that when I label myself a fucktard, blankets are the least of it.

We’re all fucktards and we’re all wrong, and we’ve always been wrong. You see, your implication is that this is a competition over being right. No, it’s a competition over being less fucktarded. Sorry, but Muslims, in general, are being shut out and marginalized on a global scale for lack of becoming less fucktarded, in my view. Their solution is to kill smarter, more evolved people who have managed to scale back their fucktardedness.

“…but this time they got more than what they were bargaining for.”

Factually true, but sounds like a golf clap, to me. And all the while, I only said I won’t care if the Muslim world eventually ‘gets more than what they were bargaining for.’ But, this is the way modern antagonism turns, now. Should you find yourself suitably situated in terms of the general antagonism and how it plays on NPR, you get to do what your opponent did not do, while implying that he did what you didn’t do.

“Why is it against French law to criticise the Holocaust…”

Well, beyond the more wrong equals better aspect, I’m wondering what that means. I’m well aware that a common Mother Goose in the fucktarded Muslim world is that 6 million innocent Jews ween’t actually massacred. Is that what you mean?

What, exactly, is “criticize the Holocaust,” and, have you ever happened to hear the actual history of The Crusades ever overblown?

“Why don’t you apply the same method of deduction and reasoning…”

I’m not applying any methods of deduction and reasoning to this. Religion and its general fucktarded ways aren’t worth my time beyond a short blog post letting everyone know that I literally don’t care what happens to them. This is different from wishing ill upon them, or even celebrating, if any ‘get more than they bargained for.’ I just don’t care.

“How can a man with such investigative abilities fail to see that there might be good people in all religions including those 14th century hordes as you refer to them?”

Presumptuous. That I don’t care what happens to any of them in the context of eternal forever fucktarded religious conflict has nothing to do with having a knowledge of good people everywhere. On the other hand, there’s good and bad in everyone.

The difference between virtually the entire rest of the fucktarded world, and a very enormous propensity of the super-fucktarded Muslim world is that it’s very well distinguished institutionally and on the ground that when any bad is detected in anyone, the rally cry is “death to [insert just about everyone].”

Fuck Muhammed and his fucktarded sycophants.

1. Not Joe Sacco on January 11, 2015 at 11:23
  2. LeonRover on January 11, 2015 at 12:48

I commend your nuanced condemnation.

• marie on January 11, 2015 at 20:20

Très (ou trop?) subtile, chéri. But then, a french guard’s insult to a king on Christian crusade is an eye-blinking Dick-ensian subtlety itself. Beautiful.

3. Mark Gisleson on January 11, 2015 at 14:01

I was just introduced to this blog by a friend and have been amazed and challenged by it. Today I was thrilled to see MADD challenged on terms I fully agree with, and now I’m disheartened to see retrograde bigotry at the same site.

All religions have their unbearable stupid aspects. To act as if one is special in that regard is thickheaded and contrary to the deep thinking I find elsewhere at freetheanimal.com. Nothing justifies murder, but NO ONE speaks for a billion other people.

Do you condemn all U.S. Presidents because George W. Bush was a dim bulb? How can you do nuance on sugar but not religion? And this is a lifelong atheist asking.

• Richard Nikoley on January 11, 2015 at 14:29

Mark, all religions are fucktarded. I’m just picking on this one this time.

I’m not justifying murder. I believe I said I wouldn’t care. That’s the truth. If you wish to care, be my guest. I don’t, and nobody can make me care. For that matter, I don’t really care that much about what goes on with suicide bombings in Israel. If they want to live, play and work in a snake pit based on fucktarded notions of “promised land,” well, I can’t bring myself to care about the consequences.

Fuck all presidents and their stupid bitches. Nobody should be president. The best thing they could all do to redeem themselves is go find honest work.

• aelephant on January 11, 2015 at 14:37

Amen.

• Mark Gisleson on January 12, 2015 at 15:16

I now see why I was recommended to you. We won’t always agree, but we have similar vocabularies and outlooks. Still migrating to a more Paleo diet, but so far it’s all been good and I enjoy learning more about it.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 16:38

Careful Mark

We might end up forming a new religion.

I call dibs on prophet. Plus, my hair is almost long enough.

• Mark Gisleson on January 14, 2015 at 15:21

Just cut off the pony tail so prophet is all yours. I call dibs on screening the vestal virgins.

• Richard Nikoley on January 14, 2015 at 16:16

Ok, hmm, I have a messiah complex so the hair stays.

In return, you can have all the virgins. Teach them well,,and I get a turn.

In return, I have an archangel opening. …guy skipped off to Thailand. Something about truth vs fiction.

4. Harriet on January 11, 2015 at 14:21

Thank you. The word that came to mind when I first heard about the atrocity, though I don’t usually like bad language, was fucktarded. I thought and still think that fucktarded suited the religion that drove them to it well.

5. rob on January 11, 2015 at 15:17

I’m looking for the cartoon where Muhammad bones Jesus up the ass while Moses stands aside and says “I told you no good would come from letting the gentiles play.”

6. TravellingBeard on January 11, 2015 at 18:30

This has been gnawing at me for a while. I’m an atheist, but grew up in an environment and went to a religious school where I was indoctrinated and yes, even became born-again Christian. That soon left after I left for university.

So, deep breath, and hope I can get my feelings across correctly. I hold both Christianity and Islam, and most other religions, at the same level of contribution they provide to humanity. But my experience as a born-again Christian made me realize that I was only a few twists of logic and ideology away from where the a$$wipes had reached (for Christian examples, see KKK, abortion clinic bombings, for current examples, crusades and inquisition if you want to go further back). So maybe, if we’re stuck with religion, for all time, in one form or another, our only hope is to perhaps cultivate and encourage as flexible an interpretation of whatever scripture people choose as their poison.

I can pick the most horrible atrocities in the Bible, some even from the New Testament, as well as the Quran, on how unbelievers are to be treated. But you can argue that, should you strip a lot of that dogma away, you can also get a few useful teachings about living in peace with others.

I guess the main issue for me now is, where is that cultivation of non-literal interpretations of the Quran that are prevalent in Christianity? I saw someone post online asking in essence, where is Islam’s Reformation? We could go down a rabbit-hole trying to identify what’s holding the populace back?

I am taking heart to some extent that Muslim populations are starting to speak up against these attacks, because frankly, for them, it’s a PR disaster. Even the head of Hezbollah said these are not true Muslims. I personally think that, based on the majority of what Muslims believe today, conservative or “liberal”, there is still a lot to answer for in terms of how women are treated for example, but I’m seriously hoping this is a start.

Your thoughts? 🙂

• jonw on January 12, 2015 at 10:35

“Useful teachings about living in peace with others” is nothing but libertarian common sense. You don’t need a religion for this, and this carries no weight as an argument for the value of religion. Living in peace with others is a universal human value that successful religions incorporate to make themselves palatable. The real essential core of all the world-dominating religions is the violence and coercion, without which they can’t get a foothold or spread.

Christianity in Western culture has already got economic and military dominance after centuries of colonization and conquest, and largely doesn’t need violence to back it up anymore. It can afford to focus on the peace and love, rather than a struggle for real estate.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 11:38

This is Word, johnw and pragmatically speaking on a total geopolitical, historical basis: the Muslims missed the boat and just like English is the dominant language, Christianity is the dominant religion in terms of money on the ground. At least the Jews are smart enough to work behind the scenes and control Hollywood. 🙂

The Muslims just want to be children and destroy all their toys because they don’t play right.

• Carl on January 12, 2015 at 14:23

I’m of the opinion that the reformation and the enlightenment went a long way toward taming Christianity, rendering it “safe” for more advanced, secular societies. Not that some wouldn’t like to roll back the clock on that.

I guess religion is OK if you don’t take it too seriously. Myths and the ceremonies that surround those myths might be useful for some.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 18:13

Hey Travelling:

Yea, what johnw said.

It’s kinda the same thing as when someone says “we need the FDA because drugs need to be safe,” which ignores the fact that all of the many widespread drug disasters were from FDA approved drugs.

Religion is no more a prerequisite for good will towards men than the FDA is a prerequisite for good food and drugs…now if you’ll excuse me, I have some “weeds” in the back yard that need tending too. 🙂 …just kidding.

• Travellingbeard on January 13, 2015 at 12:38

Oh, I’m all for not making religion a prerequisite for good, but the fact is, irrationality of some form will stick with us forever, so the best we can hope for is to make them as benign as possible. As for good will towards others and common sense, you’d be surprised how hard a concept even that is to grasp for a lot of people.

As an aside, I saw this tweet which kind of sums up, at least for me, the state of Islam today:

@iyad_elbaghdadi “Wanna understand what happened to Islam? Imagine if Westboro gained control over the Vatican and an unlimited supply of oil.”

• Richard Nikoley on January 13, 2015 at 13:36

Traveling:

Not going to quibble. Instead, check this out and consider the devolution and how it happened, where it came from, etc.

I’m blaming it on the Canadians.

7. marie on January 11, 2015 at 19:35

Merci, Richard.
    Along with politics, Charlie Hebdo satirized all religions, as well as racism and intolerance. I don’t care which religion happens to be the most murderously violent currently and I agree, the problem belongs to that (any) religion.

Ironically, one of this particular magazine’s founders, the anti-millitarist Cabu (Jean Cabut) had created the character ‘mon beauf’, which became a widely popular term for a vulgar, stupid, French racist/sexist. Cabu was one of the cartoonists – journalists killed.

8. wsarwani on January 12, 2015 at 06:41

I’m a Muslim and I’ve been a fan of your blog and writing for some time, ever since I came across your name mentioned on the Latest in Paleo podcast. Regardless of what you may think of my religion – or of me, for that matter – I thank you for generously sharing your knowledge and I mean this sincerely. I have personally benefitted from your experience with RS in particular.

9. rishad Ahmed on January 12, 2015 at 10:01

Hi Richard,

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 11:13

Hi Rishad:

You win a post update:

Let’s do an old USENET style of rebuttal.

“How can you blanketley label all Muslims as fucktards?”

“…but this time they got more than what they were bargaining for.”

“Why is it against French law to criticise the Holocaust…”

“Why don’t you apply the same method of deduction and reasoning…”

Fuck Muhammed and his fucktarded sycophants.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 11:16

Oh, BTW, was it in the email were you speculated I was Jewish.

Nope. Dad is a Lutheran German immigrant. As blue-eyed and blond as they come. He was a victim of the Holocaust too, but by near starvation in post war, as a kid.

10. King of Fucktards on January 12, 2015 at 10:30

It is curious that this post displays the same fucktarded absolutism as the fucktarded fucktards . That kind of fucktardation masquerading for “thought” is absolutely fucktarded and, as already said above, reveals a blind spot in your otherwise free thinking. You are, after all, a religious man with absolute thoughts/values/ideas.

11. qwerty on January 12, 2015 at 13:38

It’s amazing the way muslims tend to go from, we are a religion of peace, to we’ll blow your head off if you even so much as slightly diss us. Well done rishad for demonstrating that perfectly.
    Then when muslims come to the west they expect, and enjoy, freedom of expression, but as soon as one starts to criticize anything to do with their religion they start frothing at the mouth and wanting to blow your head off.
    Between that and liberals constantly apologizing on their behalf and saying ‘oh they didn’t really mean to blow up 2000 Nigerians, they are a religion of peace, don’t tar all muslims with the same brush’. yeah right.
    Freedom of expression means exactly that. If you don’t like it you can always move to Saudi Arabia where you can expect 1,000 lashes for blogging.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 14:00

The crux of the matter is that there is no such thing as a ‘religion of peace.’

All religions are at the Very Essential Root of all institutional war, and even if the warlords are atheists–which they all are–because it’s very convenient and expedient.

Religion has always been about the justification of killing, maiming, torturing and engaging in genocide. Its protestations and ‘guiding lights’ are but snake oil diversion for the Usual Indoctrinted From Birth Fucktards.

• qwerty on January 12, 2015 at 15:08

I fully agree.
      To kill, maim, or convert, etc etc, in the ‘name of God’ is ridiculous. As stupid as ‘fighting for peace’. You are right, the warlords are atheists. They are opportunists. If one truly were guided by spiritual principles then one would want the best for everyone and would respect all differences. One would also allow others the freedom to express themselves however they wish.
      The problem is when people try to dominate and control others and make them live according to particular rules. The problem is also when people simply follow a particular dogma and stop thinking for themselves. All dogma is outdated, and ultimately self-serving.

• bd on January 19, 2015 at 08:15

so what about killing maiming converting for money?

“The problem is when people try to dominate and control others and make them live according to particular rules”

who is waging war against who? I will give you a clue : Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Syria….the list goes on

12. foxylibrarian on January 12, 2015 at 15:45

My grandmother’s best friend never had children of her own so remained very involved with her college sorority at University of Texas, which created a fund as well as a sort of an underground railroad for women in abusive marriages, including several sorority sisters who had married Saudi men whom they met while the men were abroad studying in the United States. These men were seemingly Westernized, charming and exotic with large allowances, but once they were married and back in Saudi Arabia it was Not Without my Daughter. The marriages all imploded from the pressures of the cultural mismatch. Their plight was ignored by the State Department and these women had nowhere else to turn. Their sorority sisters would give money and pull strings and even hire mercenaries to rescue these women back to the United States. Now that’s sisterhood!

Pitiful stories of mistreatment as well as pleas for the US Government to intervene in child custody issues between US women and Saudi nationals had become such a problem that the State Department in 2003 issued an advisory brochure (a kind of “So, You’re Going to Marry a Saudi..”) detailing what is in store for American women who marry Saudi nationals. The State Department posted the brochure on its website, but removed it shortly ‘for revision’ due to pressure from the American Muslim Council, who protested that it was prejudiced and derogatory. The new revision has yet to be posted.

The Saudis themselves, who I’m sure were tired of the messes and publicity resulting from these mixed marriages, had no problem with the brochure. It makes for fascinating reading: http://www.meforum.org/520/us-department-of-state-marriage-to-saudis

• qwerty on January 12, 2015 at 16:59

Fascinating and depressing.
      Interesting how much the children are indulged. Would make for a particular kind of psychology – possibly one prone to tantrums when things don’t go their way.

• Richard Nikoley on January 12, 2015 at 18:02

“the American Muslim Council, who protested that it was prejudiced and derogatory.”

That’s code for ‘the goddmmed truth, and it hurts.’

13. Rik Negus on January 12, 2015 at 19:12

Richard

You may recall sometime ago I commented on your use of language which as an elder (70) I found offensive. I have continued to have your blog on my RSS feed, sometimes reading sometimes not.

But your latest comments towards the 1.6 billion muslims of this world deserves a response before I delete your blog from my feed.

I have come to realize that most little boys do not begin to grow up until the reach at least 40, such was the case for myself. Then there are those who take a lot longer if they ever. I am afraid you are one of those, your rants and temper tantrums are those of an attention seeking little boy, not of a grown man. The is evident in many of your posts.

Each day I am given the choice of either being part of the problem or part of the solution, Today I choose to be part of the solution, you obviously choose to be part of the problem with your derogatory remarks and lack of wisdom, social conscious or understanding. I should not be surprise because of course this blog is ALL ABOUT YOU and your remarks create the effect which you desire.

I say all this because there was a time when I was there, fortunately life gave me the experiences which enable me to grow up, something that we can only dream of for you. You lack of knowledge or understanding and compassion for those who think different than you is pathetic.

This world would be such a better place if we looked for our similarities to others instead of pointing out and denigrating our differences but then I must remember where you live and what has been fed into that mind of yours, your comments do the Empire of Chaos proud, time to send more drones over there against all those nasty muslims, especially the children and the helpless, another Hellfire up there butts, nothing beats American foreign aid delivered by a drone.

“It’s difficult to express how weary” the rest of the world is of the actions of the “terrorists” that govern your country and of those who through their choice of words and actions (like yours) offer support of their terrorism and genocide. Your hateful words only go to further their actions. The world is growing very weary of American exceptionalism.

But then it is ALL ABOUT RICHARD, is it not?

Respectfully,
    Rik Negus
    BC, Canada

• Richard Nikoley on January 13, 2015 at 08:13

You’re right, Rik. I sure do have a lot of growing up to do.

With any luck over the next 16 years until I’m 70 myself, I’ll gain enough maturity and insight to write long, patronizing, insulting missives—full of catch phrases and platitudes—to others I don’t know and who’ve never said an unkind word to me personally. Rather, I’ll just project offense and entitlement, due to relative dates on respective calendars. Then I’ll sign “respectfully,” anyway.

Beyond that, I’ll have hopefully become important enough to issue grandiose admonitions couched in bromides, like: “if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.” After all, the highest level of mature enlightenment anyone can attain is arguably to possess a binary mindset, such that there’s a good chance 50% of people will see your insight, caring, wisdom and brilliance for what it is after anything you utter forth. Simply not caring about a perceived problem, or which way it turns for anyone involved, is far too nuanced, too socially costly an exchange for the certainty of being part of one side or the other.

…I’ll insinuate that not caring is tantamount to dropping bombs on babies with drone strikes. Yea, that’s a good one. Thanks for that! I’ve never actually heard anything so downright pithy, before.

And finally, when I’ve achieved all of this, I’ll be proud to take my rightful place among the rest of the whiny, entitled wankers in the great membership of the AARP.

Thank you sir.

San Jose, CA

• Sean on January 13, 2015 at 10:35

Rik,

In my 20 or so years living abroad as an American expat, I’ve found there are no people so profoundly self-assured that their own shit doesn’t stink (when encountered on neutral territory) as Canadians. It’s truly ironic for Canucks to complain about “American Exceptionalism” when, in their own mind, Canada is the most exceptional country in the world. Canada, being a country that has never had a chance to exercise any muscle on the world stage is quite convinced that it would have done so in a perfect manner, never mind those niggling little things like their WWII Japanese internment camps (which made the American ones look like a walk in the park). Had the latter half of the 20th century somehow consisted of a Canadian hegemony rather than an American one, it would have been all roses and unicorn farts, because the Canadians are born morally superior to every other nation, most especially that redneck one south of the border.

“This world would be such a better place if we looked for our similarities to others instead of pointing out and denigrating our differences but then I must remember where you live ”

The world would be such a better place if we just looked for our similarities… but I must remember where you live, you know that place that is so dissimilar to Canada, just south of the border. That place where all those evil rednecks live.

I’m glad life gave you so much experience, Rik, because I’d hate to think about what an insufferably smug, self-righteous, nationalistic asshole you’d be without all that experience.

• Richard Nikoley on January 13, 2015 at 11:35

…It’s flying, rainbow farting unicorns, Sean.

Cheeses, how many times do I have to tell you?

BTW, I hear that in Canada, unicorn farts poses a faint air of maple syrup.

• John on January 14, 2015 at 10:52

The “1.6 billion people” catchphrase is really getting old. You can’t mention Islam and violence without that coming up, typically followed with some mention of nonjudgment of the whole based another religion’s violence. “Well centuries ago there were the crusades” or “10 years ago some guy killed some people for Jesus and I don’t hate all Christians.” Interesting that the doctrines themselves are full of advice for how to deal with non believers. The doctrines say kill and hate, a large region of the planet is killing, hating, and oppressing using the religion as justification, yet “there you go judging 1.6 BILLION PEOPLE” just because you say their proclaimed beliefs are fucked.

If 100 people for a cult that teaches they need to kill anyone that leaves, but not all would actually kill someone who left, would anyone say “oh now you’re judging ALL 100 when only 5 partook in the ritual beheading”?

Focusing on similarities rather than pointing out differences is an interesting concept given the circumstances. When discussing murderous fanatics fueled by religion and actually killing people, someone really needs to stand up among the controversy and say “guys enough with the negativity, these are people too, here is a list of similarities, world is happier now.”

And the black or white choices. One day you’re a boy, then your a man. I’m the solution, you’re the problem. Similarities, not differences.

When I was in law school, some student organization made a poster that offended the Muslims. They advertised an event with a speaker that included his Mohammed joke cartoon, and described the content of his presentation. This turned into a huge deal. By the time the event happened, the room was packed with furious Muslims (its not racist against 1.6 billion to assume the women in stereotypical oppression-wear were Muslim, right?), and 2 of the top professors at the school lead the event with talks about the First amendment, what it meant through the years, what kind of speech it protects, then concluded with, essentially, “just because you can say it doesn’t mean you should, and this guy is a dick.” That was a nice little hijack, and it was fairly awesome that the presenter accepted that as an introduction (and didn’t mention the 20 minute taking of his time), and proceeded as if nothing unusual had happened. Institution of free thought and higher learning, as long as you don’t piss off the loudest whiners.

• Richard Nikoley on January 14, 2015 at 13:22

John:

You have me rolling on the floor lafing and it hurts my back.

You backIST!

It’s so rewarding that some people who are not yet 70-Canadian-Enlightened, get things.

Fuck Muslims. Fuck their Mother Goose, and especially, fuck their waffling on the issue. Fuck Muslims. Fuck Muhammed and the Jesus, and the donkey he rode in on:

“The triumphal entry is that of Jesus coming into Jerusalem on what we know as Palm Sunday, the Sunday before the crucifixion (John 12:1, 12). The story of the triumphal entry is one of the few incidents in the life of Jesus which appears in all four Gospel accounts (Matthew 21:1-17; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:29-40; John 12:12-19). Putting the four accounts together, it becomes clear that the triumphal entry was a significant event, not only to the people of Jesus’ day, but to Christians throughout history. We celebrate Palm Sunday to remember that momentous occasion.

“On that day, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the back of a borrowed donkey’s colt, one that had never been ridden before. The disciples spread their cloaks on the donkey for Jesus to sit on, and the multitudes came out to welcome Him, laying before Him their cloaks and the branches of palm trees. The people hailed and praised Him as the “King who comes in the name of the Lord” as He rode to the temple, where He taught the people, healed them, and drove out the money-changers and merchants who had made His Father’s house a “den of robbers” (Mark 11:17).”

Cheeses.

14. Thomas on January 13, 2015 at 09:14

The Dunning-Krugers are coming out of the woodwork.

15. Sean II on January 13, 2015 at 14:35

Richard,
    When the news broke I was unable to jump to a single conclusion. These days we get so many facts and it takes so much time to turn that to knowledge and more so to wisdom.
    When it is profitable to import workers the state goes ahead and leaves it to people to sort it out and still it goes further to force that sorting out with political correctness, affirmative action etcetera.
    To force someone to say ‘nice things’ when they are wary of differences does not make that fear go away in my experience. Now Europe is getting poised to also play host race hustlers when some early ‘Fucktards!!’ shouted across the street might have paid vent to this situation.
    Someone said here “Anarchy does not solve state-induced problems” so it’s difficult to suggest what the world might be like without state governments or religions forcing their will on people.
    I think marching out in the cold to show solidarity for a principle that is exercised as capriciously as the state does it, is a waste of my time.
    Our family spent the weekend talking about this among parents and children, changing and exchanging views as the time passed and although we have no concrete steer I think it was still a more beneficial exercise than #hashtag @social_justice_warrior for the world to see.
    And another thing! What’s this with peace?? Are we meant to be aiming for a non-violent world?!

• Richard Nikoley on January 13, 2015 at 14:53

“It’s easy to site religion in the attack and stay there but I also see the hand of the state owning a slip here.”

Ah, a non Canadian offering a perspective that’s not typically regurgitated, nor a function of calendar.

Very well then. Shall we proceed?

It is precisely true that this is not fundamentally religious antagonism. Rather, it’s geopolotics doing as geopolotics does.

See that link of a photo I put up in reply to Travelling, juxtaposing women walking the streets of Kabul in 1972, with today. Did the religion become more primitive, or did the geopolitics change?

When you arrive at the answer, perhaps you’ll do like me and simply resign to not care about any of it, anymore.

Then, perhaps go work on alternative energy. …just another reason for that picture.