Always liked this.

Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals… Emma Goldman

1. Steven Richards on February 15, 2015 at 20:40

Anarchism… meh. “You shouldn’t be able to tell anyone what to do or not to do.” Could it be anarchism is hypocritical?

2. steve W on February 15, 2015 at 21:39

The church I attend is one of the few successful examples I can think of which represents a kind of Anarcho-Libertarianism.

An ever growing group of people *freely* associating, freely pulling resources, freely helping one another, freely correcting pathological behavior in light of good council, etc. etc.

You lump religion and government together quite often. Seems to me a category error of the first order. Look at our public institutions, rife with restriction and regulation, enforced via deadly force, and to top it off it is funded by us! What a bunch of dupes!

The State owns you lock, stock and barrel. What fucking difference does the local church make? State = 99plus%
    The Church = <1%.

• Steven Richards on February 16, 2015 at 08:27

“The State owns you lock, stock and barrel”
      When’s the last time you met “The State”? What is this “own” thing, and where did you get the idea from, or did you come up with it? Who is “you” that is “owned”?

• Adam on February 16, 2015 at 09:00

Sophistry.

3. cunty on February 16, 2015 at 09:24

The internet is the best example of anarchy I’ve come across.

• Beans McGrady on February 16, 2015 at 12:10

It won’t be for long if people aren’t careful.

4. Bay Area Sparky on February 16, 2015 at 10:07

Anarchism is like its distant cousin antiestablishmentarianism.

Anarchists more commonly arrive from more right-wing ideas such as anti-federalism while antiestablishmentarianists are largely products of the hippy movement.

That said traveling either road is a difficult proposition… more an idea, ideal, or intention.

I wouldn’t say that either group are hypocrites but if they are participants in society they are compromised at best.

5. 210013 on February 19, 2015 at 09:10

Yes! Just saw this in sons of anarchy. Actually as soon as he read that quote I realized I’d be watching the show for the long haul. Loving it so far.