Laf Laf Laf. The North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition Gets Itself Sodomaized

How’ya like them apples, Kathleen Sodoma, RD, LDN – Chair, you miserable, stupid cunt?

I did three preliminary posts:

Then, this one, that actually broke the story a few hours ahead of the press release, thanks to Jeff Rowes’ favor to me:

Steve Cooksey Sues the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition in Federal Court: 1st Amendment; Free Speech

That interview is good work on my part. I especially like how I play Devil’s Advocate with Jeff, asking him to draw a distinction between occupational licensing (hairdressers, dietitians, etc.) and professional licensing (doctors, lawyers, etc.). While as an anarchist I disagree with all laws imposed by initiatory force, the distinction he makes is logical in the context of where we are.

But in the end, could care less who wants to go to Bob’s Garage Surgery, nor what happens to them if they do. And, what if Bob is better and more experienced than any “board certified” surgeon you can find? What if he grew up apprenticing surgery in the field, where there were no “board certified” surgeons?

What if you could Yelp and check Yelp under the garage surgery category? Oh yes, I know: You prefer to vote and feel good. Anything towards shirking responsibility at the expense of others is how you get sold on almost anything, lazy asses you always are and will always be.

Anyway, here’s the news:

That last one is pure sodom[a]y.

Steve Cooksey Lawsuit Update

Successful Resolution of Lawsuit by the NCBDN

On September 8, 2014, Steve Cooksey voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit he filed against the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition in 2012. Mr. Cooksey’s voluntary dismissal did not involve any exchange of money or any payment of attorneys’ fees.

On February 9, 2015, the Board elected to adopt a revised version of a guideline it originally adopted in 2011 in order to provide further clarity for non-licensed persons as to the Board’s interpretation of the North Carolina Dietetics/Nutrition Practice Act’s licensing requirements. The updated guidelines clarify and highlight the Board’s view that non-licensed persons whose activities are limited to expressing information, guidance, opinions, or encouragement about food, lifestyle, or dietary practices are not engaging in the practice of dietetics/nutrition where such expression is directed at the public generally or outside the context of a professional-client relationship.

Neither Mr. Cooksey’s lawsuit nor its resolution has changed the Dietetics/Nutrition Practice Act or any of the Board’s regulations. The requirements of the law remain the same. It is the Board’s hope that the revised licensing guidelines will help all North Carolina citizens in better understanding the law.

The Board is pleased that this lawsuit was effectively resolved with a voluntary dismissal and that the Dietetics/Nutrition Practice Act and its corresponding regulations remain fully intact.

Like I said, that Kathleen Sodomaizer is a real lot of cunty.

1. roland on February 24, 2015 at 23:42

Hi Richard,
    been an avid reader of your blog since forever (my breakfast literature) but that’s my first comment:
    Here in Austria there is no such thing as an occupational license – you just need a license for every craft/trade IF YOU CHARGE for it. Presumably to “protect” the client. There is always the question looming: Who’s gonna pay if things go tits-up. And was he qualified, whatever that means nowadays.
    One thing really bugs me is that every street sweeper and every janitor needs a license, the only people needing none are politicians. They charge BIG money for there moronic advises, are moving from one resort to the next and when they are exposed of being inapt and corrupt (equals cunty) they change into the industry… What gives?

2. tom scott on February 24, 2015 at 11:24

Slighly off topic but an interesting read. Instapundit links Megan McArdle (both rightish Libertarians.

I always link the blog that pointed me if you’re wondering why I didn’t just link McArdle.

• Richard Nikoley on February 24, 2015 at 12:35

Since I first came across her in about 1993, I’ve always thought McArdle (self dubbed “Jane Galt”) is just about the stupidest bitch I’ve ever seen that everybody loves because well, she’s a “libertarian” and a womyn, I guess.

“anarcho-capitalists want to replace the state with private institutions, with insurance companies and private security forces substituting for most current government functions.”

Where to even begin. Private institutions mirror state surveillance and enforcement bullshit because the stat5e regulators will shit them down if they don’t, especially in so-called “vice” realms.

Fuck McArdle. Stupid cunt since 1993, at least.

3. Sidney on February 24, 2015 at 19:02

When I was in college I read a book by Milton Friedman in which he argued that licensing is essentially a means for maintaining profits by cartels, most specifically the medical and legal professions.

He argues, as you just did, that anyone should be able to hang their shingle and practice medicine or law, and buyer beware. Let the public decide if they want to go to the US board certified guy or the guy newly arrived from India, Cuba, England, etc who did his training elsewhere. Heck, let the public decide if they want the local barber to perform surgery.

As a US citizen attending a foreign medical school and wanting to come back to the US to practice medicine I see this nonsense up close and personal. It is the height of arrogance that the US medical profession deems that I can’t get trained anywhere else in the world clinically but the US in its “residency” programs, which are limited in spots by US government funding. The US medical establishment is essentially saying it doesn’t matter if you were a practicing physician in Cuba for 10 years or you were trained clinically in Italy for 5 years, you have to start from scratch. It is so moronic. No other occupation is limited in such a way. For example, If I trained as a mechanical engineer in India I don’t have to redo my training in order to work in the US.

This country’s goal is to one day regulate and license everything so some a-hole professional organization gets a cut. Won’t surprise me if there is a tax to breathe, piss, shit, and screw one day in the near future. There is no real freedom in this country.

4. John Doe on February 24, 2015 at 19:20

…a real lot of cunty?

The ole lady wants to know why I’m laughing so loud?

Thanks you for posting this article. Eye opener.

5. Charlene on February 25, 2015 at 06:36

Wait. I thought you were done blogging as of last week…? This is one of your best posts yet. Good to see some success pushing back against tyranny of the state bureaucrats. Them and their endless statutes and regulations – many arbitrary and contradictory – enforced by their admin courts, their judges their lawyers and their armed guards. So much for justice.

6. Hegemon on February 25, 2015 at 17:31

I deal with licensing on a daily basis as a general contractor. I can understand why it is necessary on some level – we have built highly complex projects, some ranging in the $100’s of millions. There needs to be some control in place to ensure the guy doing it isn’t a dumbshit. You get your state license there’s registration with the Secretary of State. And then county and city occupational tax licenses, and sometimes city or county building licenses as well. Everybody has their hand in the pot nowadays.

Years back we built a retail project in Utah, and we asked the town what the building permit cost was. The town council had an emergency meeting. It was us and 4 council members. Right there in front of us one guy said, “I think the permit should cost $75,000 to pay for that fire truck we’ve been wanting to buy for the town.” They were very proud of themselves.

• Richard Nikoley on February 25, 2015 at 18:17

“There needs to be some control in place to ensure the guy doing it isn’t a dumbs hit.”

This is begging the question, i.e., assuming the conclusion. Licensing doesn’t ensure no dumbshits and there’s good arguments that it attracts more of them, i.e., people more adept at wrangling within a system with such barriers to entry than at competitively doing the whatever function.

Those clients putting down $100 million on a project are perfectly adept at ensuring as best as can be done that those they contract with are competent. And when shit happens, that’s what performance bonds, insurance, and litigation are for.

7. John Brisson on March 22, 2015 at 08:42

Richard,

I know you hate me and all but I ask for your help in bringing further light to the socialist state of N.C.

Look at this:

All mandatory vaccinations including yearly flu shots for the kiddies.