“Land of the Free” Update: US[SR] and The Curious Case of Mohamedou Slahi

Sometimes you really need to think in terms of essentials.

Are the great, integrated-with-human-nature ideas and ideals of Enlightenment—where a state ought to be subject to the same moral code as citizens—the most important thing? Or, is the most important thing the actions of a State that was supposedly-specifically founded on such ideals?

The critical distinction to make is the one over what comes down to lip service vs. action. They always spouted lots of shit. But what do they do, at the same time they’re saying?

There’s another, though. It’s the one that both D and R desperately need for any political parity or gain. You must fool everyone, but the most important fools are the flag wavers who only want a State they can call their own…it’s in advance of the Heaven they can call their own, too. You have to cut to chase: you just call it a war, catch-all style.

What’s particularly prescient to me, though, is that American Flag Wavers lie: they don’t call it Holy (Jihadists are more honest that way). See, doG fearing Republicans are politically powerful; but they principally respect Bibles and preachers, and others of like “mind.” They learned to ‘give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar’s’ long time ago, cheap whores they are. They put down swords and reached into pockets instead, placated. It’s geopolitical on scale.

Such is the “Land of the Free” landscape, now—far removed from the rather light theism of the founders born 300-400 years ago. Therefore, if you tell them it’s war! then they think ‘walls-tumbling’ Joshua—or any number of other genocides—and because it’s their doG, they’re OK with it. They read it, or someone preached it to them and they said “Amen Brother”…because they read it, or someone preached it to them before. It’s a circular thing.

…So yea, I got stirred up this morning. Made me weep a bit, even.

He’s been “DETAINED” and “tortured” (when it’s America, torture must be in scare quotes, see?) for 14 years. Took 6 of those for his 400+page NYT Bestseller written in 2005-ish to make it out, with redactions.

I guess there’s that. At least, we don’t have to worry that “freedom of speech” is actually an Enlightenment moral principle, or anything. When we don’t want someone to speak or write free, then we get on the distinction bandwagon. See, he’s not an American citizen under CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS!!! and even more, we’ve labeled him as an enemy combatant. He has no rights; and certainly not, since he’s been subject to “American persuasion” now (euphemisms for tortured), for 14 years.

He has never been charged with any crime. He has never stood trial for any crime. He’s been in prisson for 14 years. Be proud, Americans.

In my book, this makes America a usual suspect at very best. I reaffirm my desire to eventually become a citizen of a peaceful country, and to burn my American passport in effigy.

The last thing I want to do is die as a citizen of a place I didn’t ask to be born in, and that I reject as good and moral.

I’m going to buy and read Guantánamo Diary during my Cabo runtime, all next week. Least I can do.

…Oh, and just as an aside, read that eminently cool dude Solzhenitsyn: The Gulag Archipelago.

1. BigRob on March 18, 2015 at 12:22

“I reaffirm my desire to eventually become a citizen of a peaceful country…”

I resonate with the hypocritical bullshit you cite, but good luck finding a peaceful country to call your own.

It doesn’t fucking exist.

• Richard Nikoley on March 18, 2015 at 12:40

“It doesn’t fucking exist.”

Well, certainly not outside of TEEVEE land, it doesn’t.

Ever looked beyond?

See, I can’t help it, so you’ll have to forgive me. I lived abroad for 8 years and in that time, visited 30-something other countries. I found all but 2 of them far more free than the US: China and USSR (yea, visited both back in the day).

Otherwise, I can’t even begin to express how the US is like #3 on the list and EVERY country I’ve been to is more free. Shit, I could buy a bottle of whisky or 2-liter keg of beer 300 ft away from my house in Japan from a vending machine—you still can, and so could your kids.

But Amerka is now a most fucktarded nation with a twist. Apart from the socialism of Europe, what ‘Mercn’ fucktards really want is for the State to indoctrinate their kids in Puritan ideals, so that you can go eat Cinnabon and see a movie at the Mall.

America pretends morality, but on the ground, is the most morally corrupt country on earth, but it’s on levels under doG, which is why nobody sees it yet, except for me.

But they will.

I’m an early adopter.

• Namu on March 18, 2015 at 13:21

Mauritius and Costa Rica are pretty decent contenders IMO.

• BigRob on March 18, 2015 at 16:40

Nah,

Peace without freedom is worth shit. Anyone can take it from you in any moment. Freedom can truly only exist in the individual. That doesn’t exist anywhere on Earth, and won’t.

You only need to take a look at history to see peaceful countries turn violent and vice versa.

I’ll agree that we need to be willing to go where it is most free/peaceful at the moment.

• Richard Nikoley on March 18, 2015 at 18:15

“Peace without freedom is worth shit.”

BigRob. I hate to shit on you, but that is a really dumb statement serving as a premise (thus the rest is just to be dismissed).

In what way can non-freedom be peaceful? Do you mean drugged, resigned, tranquility? That’s no peace, either. Peace exists in body, mind, soul.

You really need to think and formulate a beginning premise better, if you wish to be taken serious over 2-3 paragraphs.

Sorry.

• BigRob on March 19, 2015 at 14:49

Let me re-state.

There is no real peace without freedom. True freedom exist insomuch as it is vested in the individual.

No system of government on earth allows true freedom. Thus there is no fucking peaceful place on earth.

• Richard Nikoley on March 19, 2015 at 15:50

Well I disagree with that. There’s numerous places where State intervention is nil or near nil. Literally thousands of islands in PI, Indonesia, elsewhere. Many other places too, where local law enforcement will actually protect you, especially if you’re nice to them and give them some money and goods under the table, like you’d pay for a security guard.

There is no absolute freedom nor absolute peace. Some places are more free and peaceful than others, in spite of American propaganda. America wouldn’t even make the top 100.

• BigRob on March 20, 2015 at 09:41

I’m in complete agreement with you about Amerika.

Land of the regulated.

And I think you essentially agree with me that in order to experience the most freedom, you must actually go where there is the least government control on the local level; where you must rely on people not a government system.

• Richard Nikoley on March 20, 2015 at 10:37

That is correct, BigRob. And minimally, go to a place where it’s economically viable to buy the government. Seriously.

It’s very possible to buy the government in thousands of places on earth, where you must be a multi-millionaire to do so here. It’s all just a part of the facts on the ground one deals with to live unencumbered.

It’s your life. If you can’t buy the government and protection here, because you’ve been priced out of the market, go someplace where you can afford it.

2. Charles on March 18, 2015 at 13:04

How many ways are you going to repeat the same thing? You’d have my respect if you actually left, but you know that will never happen, because everything you wrote here is basically bullshit.

• Richard Nikoley on March 18, 2015 at 13:36

“How many ways are you going to repeat the same thing? ”

It takes many ways, Charles. That it tires you after one way that got into your skull is of little interest to me. You are only one. I never discount that reality, but it’s a reality I always have to move beyond.

Sorry about the butt. I know it hurts, sometimes.

• Richard Nikoley on March 18, 2015 at 13:47

Ecuador.

But, there are literally thousand of islands.

Think of it this way: too much to control. Second. What do you really want, beyond hot young brown skins tending to your bar/cafe business, you spear fishing in the morning with guests, and sitting around the campfire at night with cognizant world travelers who only have a ceiling fan and cold shower in their beach bungalow?

3. Starch lvr on March 19, 2015 at 04:42

Yeah, I’ve never traveled outside the country, so I can’t disagree or agree.

That guy that runs the ‘Natural News’ website had moved to Ecuador and was talking about how great it was and was suggesting that people follow suit.

But something happened (I can’t remember the specifics) and he changed his tune and moved back to Texas.

• Bill on March 19, 2015 at 10:03
    • Richard Nikoley on March 19, 2015 at 10:56

Bill, that is one fucking hilarious read. Thanks. I didn’t read it all…about half, then jumped to the conclusion:

“I’ll go deeper into the source of the problems, even at the risk of totally demonizing my efforts. There is a singular dark and sinister force behind our problems in obtaining truthful health reporting, and I do mean literally. The anti-Christian religions, including the Wiccans (witches), other pagans, and flat-out Satan worshipers have embraced what is legitimately God’s medicine. Our community is infested with that human trash, so we needn’t look far to find evil. That junk about us not eating animals and saving the environment from humanity isn’t a new thing. These are ancient principles of Earth worship going back thousands of years. It’s why you see the words ‘Natural’, ‘Earth’, ‘Mother Earth’, and ‘Gaia’ being thrown around so much at alternative medicine sites. Hidden in plain sight, they are worshiping the ‘Great Mother’ (also known as ‘Mother Earth’). The people of these religions don’t really want to help us with our health, despite their embrace of alternatives. In fact, the dark religions promote hurting others for self-gain. They mainly want to stop us from offending their goddess, ‘Mother Earth’, and that starts with us no longer eating “her” animals. What follows is tricking us into offending the one true God, by disregarding our rightful dominance of nature. He commanded us to eat meats after the great flood, but the pagans tell us that we are to become subservient to the beast(s). We have studied the dark religions, and the patterns are unmistakable. It’s why you’ll only find the truth here.

“If you will listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what he considers right, if you pay attention to his commands and obey all his laws, I will never make you suffer any of the diseases I made the Egyptians suffer, because I am the Lord who heals you. — Exodus 15:26”

There is literally nothing more funny in the world than a Christian doG-breed believer going off on a believer of other wackalities, on the basis of their own fucktard whackalities.

FWIW, I have, a time to two, tweeted out an NN article, just as I have for Mercola. But, yea, I have little tolerance for either, as literally EVERYTHING is a sales pitch for some magic product.