Let me make it absolutely clear that I take unabashed delight in the frothing at the mouth I’ve had over the last few days, intensified since this last post: Why Did I Finally Go After Jimmy Moore and Michael Eades After Years of Supporting Them?
Here’s some fun excerpts in my email this morning from four super-fans. I’m in Mexico (again). Checking email is infrequent. Some were notifications from 1st time commenters, which go to moderation—since I’m loath to invite someone in who knocks on my door and when I answer, says “let me in, asshole.” Go fuck yourself, with attitude.
Richard isn’t giving you answers because he has none, and your questions are highlighting problems in the resistant starch research he tried to make money with.
Yea, I’m not giving answers I don’t have to someone I don’t know looking for an Internet diagnosis. Plenty of places to go for that. The implication is that it’s ANSWERS that matter, not honest inquiry and flowing with the science.
what an ignorant deuchebag you are richard. some major dickheads out here blogging, you being one of them. go fuck yourself!
Again, more of the same sort of thing. How dare I or any other ignoramus question Eades-edicts (ANSWERS!!!) that have come up as a result of tons of recent research that call such edicts into question. If taking delight in rubbing Eades’ pompous-ass, condescending face in it—along with his fucktard groupies—makes me a dickhead, guilty. Go fuck yourselves with my compliments.
GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR PHONY STORIES. YOU WERE PIMPING LOW CARB BACK IN 2008 AND INSULTING MAYO CLINIC RESEARCHERS.
Indeed, I was “pimping” LC in 2008 and beyond. Worked for me, until it didn’t. Then I integrated new research and don’t think LC is a particularly good lifestyle for most people—though it probably has short-term and therapeutic advantages in certain circumstances.
After reading every post on diet on your site I have to conclude that your hate for the low carb community has nothing to do with health and everything to do with the fact that your fat, hypothyroid ass loves carbs.
Right. I used to hate “carbs,” now I love “carbs,” so I’m going to create a shitstorm over my weakness. It’s really too dumb to answer, but if you must, I like and love foods. Some happen to have carbohydrates.
Another funny one is the guy (he’s been in Eades’ comments too) who’s “in contact with 50 PHYSICISTS who agree with him.” Yea? Well The Duck Dodgers are in collaboration with 51 PHYSICISTS!
OK, for the sake of explaining the evolution, let’s go:
- The first inkling I got that LC (or paleo for that matter) was incomplete was doing Martin Berkhan’s Leangains. I did quite well on it, in both body composition and big gains in thy gym, rather like advertised. So, how could eating so many carbs (mostly from potatoes with little added fat) be so beneficial if LC and paleo had all the answers? And you should see some of those comment threads back then, where eating potatoes was a big sin.
- LC did nothing for me later except make me feel tired and cold.
- Then came “The Potato Hack,” back in about 2012 or so. How could so many stalled LC dieters kick off big weight loss eating 90-95% carbohydrate, and from POTATO?
- Then came Resistant Starch. Feed the gut, the gut is important (I have a Google alert and at this point, there’s something like a dozen new articles daily about it, worldwide). I didn’t blog about the rice news because I’m not interested in showing people how to eat twice as much rice, which is the tone of the whole deal.
- RS highlighted the importance of the gut biome, and also probiotics. Most of he foods for the gut—that demonstrate benefits in studies—are found in various natural carbohydrate foods. Another chink in the LC / paleo “armor.” So, lots of other foods and fibers came into play. My various Google alerts for things gut biome delivers dozens of articles and studies daily. I have dozens unread in my inbox right now.
- Then came Tigernuts, a tuber that appeared likely responsible to solve the mystery of the big shift ~3.5 million years ago in hominoids, from C3 to C4 isotopes. Integrate to that that a hominoid could harvest a day’s nutrition in about 2 hours, tigernuts have about the same macro profile as mammal milk, and the micro-nutrition of vitamins and minerals edges out muscle meat—not to mention that they are both gut food and come with a set of soil-based probiotics on their surface.
- Then came serious questions about the whole “legend” surrounding how people in extreme cold environments survived—particularly Inuit—rendering the entire thing largely a bunch of mythology promoted by conniving frauds and opportunist peddlers.
- And finally, the big dig into hormesis and “toxins,” where, it turns out, avoiding them may be a “cure” that’s actually detrimental. Yes, there are tons of “toxins” that are highly beneficial and health promoting. Dose is important.
- And finally, all along the way, remember that I actually have a blog with over 100,000 total comments, and I’ve read every single one. I see everything, the positive and the negative self reporting, and fuck you if you don’t like it, but I go with what I see, predominantly.
In terms of #9, I’ve seen thousands of positive anecdotes surrounding LC and paleo over the years, and I’m one of them. But I’ve also seen just as much negative, when one takes the long-term view, i.e., a “diet for life.” Well, we’re humans for life, so in spite of short-termthereputic value, I became persuaded over time that such is its proper context.
Just as importantly, as I have blogged about all the things surrounding #1 – #8, I have thousands of anecdotes of people experimenting themselves, and achieving breakthroughs and benefits. I’m one of those too. So, it all begins adding up.
Now, contrast that with a pompous-ass, condescending Eades where even after we initially attempted to be very kind and conciliatory with new information on much of the stuff above, were met with ridicule, dismissiveness, and affirmations that it’s so simple and he’ll eventually get to it.
Eades can go fuck himself. So can all his pathetic, fucktard, mouth-frothing groupies. You know who else? Everybody who won’t stand up similarly. Contempt have I, for all of you. Life is too short to tolerate intransigent bullshit for the purposes of protecting fiefdoms and nefarious back-scratching liaisons.
Here’s the most recent anecdote.
I can say I ate up the ketogenic bullshit for years and gained weight and still stuck to stuffing my face with coconut milk, butter, and heavy cream and acting like the calories were going to magically disappear “because ketosis.”
My bottles of the three probiotics you recommend are running dry, I’ve been through about 7 bags of potato starch, I’ve been back to eating lots of rice, potatoes, fruit, and veggies for a while now and I’m quickly on my way to being in the best shape of my life. Last July I was 220lbs, now I’m 190 and much stronger.
It takes very little thought now to know if I’m eating right, I eat about a pound of starch, a pound of meat, and have a shake with berries, a frozen banana, green ORAC, 4 egg yolks, a scoop of pure grassfed whey from truenutrition (highly recommended) for 30g of protein, some whole milk, and 4 tbs of potato starch. Super filling and easy, and full of nutrients.
I feel fucking amazing and I look great. Thanks.”
Or, strive to figure out a way to make LC work for you. I hear that—seriously—drinking bleach allows you to eat LC like a whale, which makes sense because the whole LC thing is all about being a glutton and getting into heaven anyway. It’s makes you “born again.”