Los Tiempos Van Cambiando

The times they are a changin’

You know it, you see it. Je suis fier d’avoir appris à parler français à 30. …Voy a aprender a hablar español a los 54.

I’m starting with music.

1. Beans McGrady on April 18, 2015 at 05:52

That is a pretty cool cover.
    His accent is clearly not Mexican. So I looked him up. Born in the U.S. with Cuban parents.
    Dylan is not that popular in Mexico. I wondered why he picked the song.
    People don’t know Dylan here because you need to understand the lyrics. That limits contact even for people who do speak English.
    Now Creedence, The Stones, anything that rocks. . . those have taught a lot of English to Mexicans over the years, and for the younger generations. . . my girlfriend learned a ton of English from the back street boys when she was in middles school.
    Thankfully she outgrew that phase long ago.
    Between your French and your apparent determination, I’d be willing to bet you will be at least speaking decent intermediate Spanish by the time that four grand of rent runs out.
    Once you can talk to anyone you want in his own language, Mexico tends to reveal itself slowly, in layers. (I can’t even think about how United Stations perceive Mexico vs. the multiple realities without becoming annoyed.)
    Might be a steep rise in the number of Anachists on baja in the next year or so.

2. Beans McGrady on April 18, 2015 at 06:09

Here are two more for you to study with. Manu Chau was born in France to Spanish parents.
    He sings in Spanish, French and English.
    He was huge in Mexico, and is still popular among the around 40 and under crowd.
    He used to play huge free concerts on the Zocalo until he ran afoul of the gubmint.
    I used to listen to his first band Mano Negra back in high school.
    Anyway the songs are very clear and use a variety of grammatical constructions.

3. Russell on April 18, 2015 at 11:42

Felicitaciones Ricardito, más vale tarde que nunca!

4. bioking on April 18, 2015 at 15:17

Cono viejo !!

• Richard Nikoley on April 18, 2015 at 15:47

Como viejo, n’est pas?

• el-bo on April 19, 2015 at 00:44

creo es ‘coño viejo’ 🙂

¡que pasas un buen dia!

5. John on April 19, 2015 at 08:22

I’ve been using “Madrigal’s Magic Key to Spanish” by Margarita Madrigal. I’m finding it the most effective way to learn that I’ve used to date, including what they taught in school and rosetta stone. Plus, way cheaper at less than 8 bucks on Amazon. And, there’s illustrations by Andy Warhol!